Now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong here?

now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong here?

Noone. Diggs made a good catch

The Safety by far. People want to make excuses for him but they had game in hand.

i think it was the mineessota sideline for illegally yelling 'sniper, get down!' at him

All he had to do was grab him.

All he had to do was grab his leg, his arm, his fucking helmet, anything.

But he chose to clip him out of the air instead, and took out the second closest person that could have also GRABBED HIM.

I hate how all the butthurt aints fans have turned this from a fucking amazing pass + catch to "wahhh we would have won ;_;"
His positioning was bad and at best he would have gotten fucked with a pass interference call or Diggs would have gotten out, allowing for good field goal positioning.

It was a great pass that won the game. Your safety being a bit less dumb wouldn't have saved the aints, move on and try again next year.

get the fuck outta her he 100% completely fucked his team over with the dumbest boneheaded play of all time. NO EXCUSES

Get over it.
90% chance it would have been pass interference or Diggs would have gotten out considering he was just 1.5 yards from out.
Move on aints shitter, the better team won.

Crawley for giving up all that penalty yardage in the first half.

all of NO for getting outscored 17-0 in the first half. next question.

Not only the first half, most of the third quarter as well.

This is false and you sound like a Vikings fan who don't want to admit they were gifted the game.

Yooo Vikings fans are insecure af. That defense couldn't make a stop when it counted.

>gifted the game
>Aints gave up 17 points in first half while scoring none
>Vikings missed field goal, bad time management for the second to last drive, and interception are the only reason saints even had a chance
Get over it. If the aints were the better team they would have won.

hmmm don't know about that. Seems like they stopped the taints just in time to win with a walk off TD

Best defense in the league couldn't stop them from scoring late game and took a miracle play by o to squeak out a win vs a 10 win team. Enjoy your Super Bowl. I think y'all might get blown out by philly.

If the aints were a better team I guess they would have stopped that miracle play then, wouldn't they?
Funny how it's the Vikings fault when the Vikings choke but it's not the Saints fault when the Saints choke.

PI gives the saints a much better chance of winning. Also, given the distance from the sideline, if Williams had wrapped up Diggs with no flag, it's game over. Williams made the worst possible decision, because not only did he completely miss the tackle, but he also ran into his own teammate, guaranteeing that Diggs would run it in for a TD.

But either way it's not fair to blame Williams. Remember that he picked off Keenum earlier in the game, which is a big part of the reason the Saints had the lead in the first place.

even i could have made this tackle

>now that the dust has settled, who was in the wright here?

Sean Peyton for waisting 2(TWO!) timeouts on bonehead challenges

NO

Pass interference is a slightly less fuck up not an excuse. He should have ended the game with a Saints win. That is then only acceptable outcome on this play. Anything else is a pathetic failure.

That's my point though.
Saints fans are saying it's all his fault that they lost, but he's the only reason they had a chance. Without that pick the Saints wouldn't have even been in the place they were, and the Vikings would have won in a less fantastical manner.
The guy choked under pressure, just as Keenum did when he threw that high pass which got picked by Williams earlier, or that missed field goal easily within range earlier in the game.

But so many Saints fans refuse to get over it and just admit that both teams made mistakes. It's not like that last pass wasn't prepared either, Zimmer has said that the Vikings do emergency hail mary drills every single practice for that exact scenario just in case, both teams will be feeling the pressure at that point and the one less able to handle the pressure is more likely to crumble.

Just as a comparison, it's why Brady has so many comebacks. He doesn't crack under pressure that often so he's able to exploit a defense that is under pressure.

Okay why did the saints give up 17-0 for the first half if they're such a better team?
Mistakes isn't an excuse. Both teams had a number of blatant score changing mistakes.

After the game he stated the replay system was down. The timeouts didn't even matter in the end.

Legit question:

Did Diggs did that leg positioning on purpose?(left leg back)
Because if he wouldn't the saints player would have flipped him hard. I don't think is a normal jump, maybe his experience and quick reaction told his body to do it with out thinking "oh there's a guy coming for me, I better jump like this" but more like he saw him with the corner of his eyes and his body reacted automatically.

Shit happens oh well the kid made a mistake.

Non bandwagon Saints fans know we were underdogs coming in since injuries have plagued the team all season and Bree's arm is not what it used to be. Strength and more important his old quick release. Also Vikings had 2009 to make up for.

I put more blame on Payton who is one of the best halftime adjustment coaches in the nfl but makes some awful predictable playcalling. Dude has the most predictable 3rd and 1 calls in the NFL.

Draft more lineman, find a TE and pick one goddamn QB for the future and sign Bree's year to year. This was probably his last shot but maybe next year if the rookies don't shit the bed or get injured etc.

GL Vikings, I picked them early in the season to get to the superbowl. My question is who the fuck is your QB next year you have three of them lol.

Just promise me Ned the Patriots don't win another. I want a Vikings and Jaguars Defensive Superb owl.

The fuck!? What did Peter do?

The Vikings blew a 17 point lead, they all failed as a collective unit there. So yes, had the Vikings choked the entire team would have been to blame.

But on this last play, Williams had to just tackle him, that's is. That was literally it. He had the game for the saints but he tried that dumb shit. He single handedly blew the game for the aints

if they win the super-bowl they have to give case kenum at least a 3 years 50 million dollar deal.

Id like to thank the vikings for removing the last legitimate threat on a fluke play.

Aints fans.
>Forcing a guy off of all social media with death threats over a game
Vikings fans never did this to Blair Walsh, and Marcus Williams did more for the Saints than Walsh ever did for the Vikings. Y'all are pieces of shit and you never fucking deserved the owl.

Underrated post.

why are football players such children?

This 100%. He didn't want DPI or a FG. And he was too close to Diggs when he never needed to be. He made the right call but Diggs is a mega athlete

If DPI was a 15 yards instead of a spot foul we wouldn’t be having this discussion. Still no excuse for Williams, though.

They would NEVER call PI in that situation/