How come I see "populism is bad" constantly but nobody explains why it's bad?

How come I see "populism is bad" constantly but nobody explains why it's bad?

>populist politicians are just giving the people what they want!
...and?

I'm convinced that the only reason people think populism is bad is because the media told them that populism is bad because the media is bought and paid for.

because populism means the globalist kikes don't get what they want

Populism is bad is the "Tyranny of the Majority" mindset usually.

I;e it's bad the majority makes all decisions for all minorities

A.k.a I don't like democracy daddy clinton please stretch my anus wider

>because the media told them that populism is bad
That's probably a big part of it. It's usually conflated as follows: populism = nazis = right-wing = bad

I do think, however, that populism very often entails anti-intellectualism, which is what you want to avoid on various issues in public discourse.

>>I do think, however, that populism very often entails anti-intellectualism
intellectualism gets us modern day sweden.

It's all about balancing it out.

South Africa = Populism

>populist politicians are just giving the people what they want!

That's a problem, because they might change their mind anytime. You can see in populist parties that they change their minds all the time, which reveals that all they're after is power. If being leftist will serve them better in 5 years, they will do it. They can't be relied upon to remain on our side.

People "think" populism is bad because the Jews hate it; never mind that most good kings in our long history cared about the people first (despite what Jewish communists will try to tell you about them).

South Africa is ranked #3 in GDP for African countries.
Doesn't seem too bad.

Because how it should be is that the public has an opinion and then looks for a politician that publicly supports that opinion and has a history of policy that lends credence to his support.
Populism is instead people making an opinion followed by a powerful politician pretending they share that opinion only to never act on it.

Populism isn't based on truth.

You just say people what they want to hear with no regards to whether what you say is true or the reforms you want to pass can be founded.

Populism is cancer. Both left-populism and right-populism. Left wing populism ruined Greece.

>muh people want it
Most people are idiots who just want gibsmedat and don't give a shit about the economy.

t. kids who have never lived under populist rule

>for African countries
>doesn't seem too bad

>Populism is instead people making an opinion followed by a powerful politician pretending they share that opinion only to never act on it.
Who got to define populism as this?

They were ranked 1# before populism kicked in - and that was during a time when African nations were better off in general.

>>They were ranked 1# before populism kicked in
They were ranked #1 before all the western countries leaned on them.

underrated post

Populism = political decisions being made by your facebook feed and twitter
How many people do you personally know that you would consider intelligent? Of those, how many would you consider well informed?

So, you prefer the political decisions being made by people like the Bush dynasty?

I would prefer neither.
But if the only options are mob rule and the Bush's, I'll take the Bush's every god damn time.

Alex is so pol. He's been giving signals lately. Pic related

Enjoy your wars for Israel faggot

See? is the type that would decide things under populism.

The leftist intelligentsia now finds that the useful idiots that they cultivated for so long and who helped them so much in the past, now vote against their will. Shut it down, the goyim now, universal suffrage was a mistake.

When they followed the "gibesmedat, tax the rich, houses for everyone and a pony" it was cool to be with the Power of the People and the Voice of the Opressed.

Now that they do not eat the "Refugees welcome" shit and follow the "BUILD WALL, FUCK MEXICANS" song, they are all dumb and racist and poor and uncool.