Science Says There Are More Than Two Genders

Science Says There Are More Than Two Genders
[Video: 08:53]
seeker.com/science-says-there-are-more-than-two-genders-1792627405.html

Gender isn't sexual orientation: Every fetus begins in the womb as a female. The addition of the Y-chromosome makes the fetus acquire primary and secondary sexual characteristics. But things don't alway develop properly: sometimes both a fetus can get both male and female characteristics -- these are known as hermaphrodites or intersex.
Some animals are gynandromorphs: they have both male and female cells.

Transsexual Differences Caught on Brain Scan (New Scientists)
newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan.html#.VX9oaBN3nJ4
"Differences in the brain's white matter that clash with a person's genetic sex may hold the key to identifying transsexual people before puberty. Doctors could use this information to make a case for delaying puberty to improve the success of a sex change later."

Confused by All the New Facebook Genders? Here's What They Mean (Slate.com)
testu.be/1eNfIdV
"This month, Facebook started allowing users to self-identify as something other than male or female. Good. There may be some cynical ad-targeting motive at work, but as Facebook spokesman Will Hodges explains, "While to many this change may not mean much, for those it affects it means a great deal."

Assess the Relationship between Gender and Health (sgba-resource.ca)
testu.be/1eNgwQ1
"As with sex, gender can have a profound influence on health and well-being. Sometimes the impact of gender is direct and obvious. For example, ideals of female beauty in China led to the painful and disabling practice of foot binding."

Other urls found in this thread:

haaretz.com/jewish/rabbis-round-table/1.720406
archive.is/GigCT
sojourngsd.org/blog/sixgenders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome
acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
sciencealert.com/a-bug-in-fmri-software-could-invalidate-decades-of-brain-research-scientists-discover
gendertrender.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/what-many-transgender-activists-dont-want-you-to-know-and-why-you-should-know-it-anyway/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember, sage in all fields.

That's real fucking retarded.

What a (((coincidence))), so does the Talmud.

>Transgender bathrooms are a human rights struggle - and a Jewish imperative
>Even the rabbis of the Talmud understood that we do not live in a gender binary system. We find six different gender identities in the Talmud.

haaretz.com/jewish/rabbis-round-table/1.720406
archive.is/GigCT

sojourngsd.org/blog/sixgenders

>But things don't alway develop properly

aka an illness

I think you mean (((science)))

>make a case for delaying puberty
What did this mean by this?

Not seeing a lot of arguments other than muh shills and muh Jews.

Science doesn't say anything. People who apply the scientific method to the natural world say things, and they're usually quite fallible and, or agenda driven.

As an atheist I'm not willing to throw away my basic biology books for your preferred pseudo science.

Don't ask question goy. Just give your son these mandatory estrogen injections and T-blockers twice a day, preferably with his ADHD medicine.

its funny to watch jews jew other jews

Thats a really retarded way of looking at science because most of the things listed are abnormalities and most of them can't reproduce whats next down syndrome is a gender.

This is much more interesting than what op is talking about

>gender isn't sexual orientation.
>proceeds to describe sex as 'gender'

Sex = male or female
Gender = masculine or feminine.

Apply your 'chosen' gender to the appropriate sex and you will have feminine men, and masculine women, but there are two sexes, and two genders.

Why complicate something that is not complicated.

Anyways in reality no there isn't

Why do you hate me, Sup Forums?

>Science says

As someone working on their Ph.D this kind of stuff really triggers me. Sub-fields can't even agree on incredibly specific and important details (like whether a particular pathogenic bacterial pili type counts as a virulence factor) but then these stupid articles invariably written by liberals arts majors smugly assert that "science" proves whatever position it is that they agree with.

Garbage.

What sex is someone with XXY chromosomes?

Because you demand we take you seriously.

A man with tits

a man

Funny how liberal """science""" can make all kind of crazy claims using only "models" and "9 out of 10 scientists agree" as evidence.

>1 new post

i feel your pain user

> Individuality isn't real because some people are identical twins and others are conjoined twins.

K

that made me laugh more than it should of

>science says genders

LMFAO

As a pathogenic bacteria researcher this kind of stuff really triggers me. If we want to classify the pili type as a virulence factor then we might as well just start listing all the properties of the bacterium as virulence factors, the purpose of the classification is to easily identify major factors in the pathogenicity of the specimen.

Garbage.

YOU EITHER WANT TO IMPREGNATE OR BE IMPREGNATED

It's called the Klinefelter syndrome. Generally their phenotype is that of a man but with very small genitalia and very prone to developing female traits such as developed mammaries. Klinefelter syndrome people are generally infertile.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome

It is one of the most fucked up things you could be disgraced to be born with.

infertile when will lefties learn that these freaks can't even fucking breed its disorder not a fucking gender or sexual orientation

you can't use sage in the name field AND mail/option field anymore

>But things don't alway develop properly
>Based Science
transgender confirmed for deformed

Potato

male, if you look up the classification of sex/gender you'll see that everything short of pure XX is male.

Yes even XXX is considered male.

acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
There you go, btfo in one link by paediatricians.
This really hurts the liberal who will frequently use this site to back up vaccines.

In that particular example if I recall (it was an invited speaker I don't really do that work myself) one group was showing the pili in question to be important for attachment to host epithelial cells and thus for eventual internalization but another group disagreed with their findings.

Regardless of specifics the point is that science is complicated and when you have tons of bright people looking at the same data oftentimes there is disagreement about the specific conclusions one should derive from that data. Sweeping articles like this trigger me deeply.

Which bacteria do you study?

Just watch me

What is that middle gender for, people who identify as radio antennae?

>science says
>science says
>science says

alright, I'll be waiting.

(((Science)))

I don't really think lefties have set much focus on KS individuals. Not that they need to to spread their bullshit.

>Every failure at birth is considered a gender

Wew lad, that's like saying there's a different race for every single tone of skin

then dumb bloggers copypaste it on huffpo and the smuggies tweet it and everybody feels satisfied that once again, science has proven them right.

It's a fucking farce, all of it

t. Gondola

Retarded.

>Transsexual Differences Caught on Brain Scan

I'll just leave this here

sciencealert.com/a-bug-in-fmri-software-could-invalidate-decades-of-brain-research-scientists-discover

>haaretz.com/jewish/rabbis-round-table/1.720406
more like 6 gorrillion

No one is denying hermaphrodites exist, but they are such a miniscule part of the population that they do not need a sweeping movement. Hell, even most people with fucked up X/Y chromosomes still come out looking mostly like a man or a woman, they don't magically make you a paleomorphic transfluid quad-spirit abomination.

sage

>Every fetus begins in the womb as a female. The addition of the Y-chromosome makes the fetus acquire primary and secondary sexual characteristics.

No, that is factually incorrect, the egg is not a foetus by no mean.

>But things don't alway develop properly: sometimes both a fetus can get both male and female characteristics -- these are known as hermaphrodites or intersex.

Just like some babies are born with 12 fingers or blind/deaf, that does not make it the norm, ie: girl or boy.

To my knowledge homosexuality is documented in at least 450 species, mammals and birds essentially. Do we have evidence suggesting that T. gondii or other parasites are responsible for all the homosexuality seen in Nature?

There is a different hypothesis to explain homosexuality. Mammals and birds are more intelligence than the other animal orders. And with intelligence come arbitrary preferences. Taste is subjective. Reptiles, fish, amphibians and arthropods, to my knowledge, don't exhibit homosexuality, with the exception of an all female lizard species which reproduces using a form of parthenogenesis which requires stimulation by other females (kind of like the Asari from Mass Effect now that I think of it).

Well, XXY => 2xy => xy=2 => ur mum is a whore

Thats an interesting tall tale. Too bad that some people will take it seriously.

Hermaphrodites are neither faggots, nor cross dressers. They are just mutants that need to be killed before they find Magneto.

Also, science says your mother is a whore.

I'd like to know where he got the 10% figure from. According to all available research, the percentage of homosexuals in any given population is 1-2%.

This is just shitty liberal """"science"""" to justify the tumblr genders.

Is this real science or is it (((science)))?

>To my knowledge homosexuality is documented in at least 450 species, mammals and birds essentially.

I've never seen any birds or mammal acting like fags or sucking each others dicks m8.

It's .

I don't know shit, I was mocking your reddit-teir post.

Be newer.

Can't the difference between us and animals is we choose to not act like animals.

Animals do shut like homosexuality,cannibalism,killing the young of females before breeding with her and eating your stillborn young.

Yeah I figured you were probably a faggot retard. Nice chatting though m8 :^).

No man. In this case we have to go with the rules of the animal kingdom.

When it comes to Somali and Pakistani "refugees" raping little children though, we have to act humane and show tolerance and understanding.

>SCIENCE STATES IT WORSHIP SCIENCE SCIENCE NEEDS IT GIVE UNTO SCIENCE YOUR BODY YOUR MIND ALL BELONG TO SCIENCE YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND SCIENCE SO DO NOT

You got fucking rekt like a bitch.
Go back to lgbt with your faggot propaganda.

"Gender'" as a concept distinct from sex is entirely imaginary. An arbitrary set of labels which we've recently arbitrarily expanded to describe an arbitrarily number of ill-defined catagories of human personality.

Sex, on the otherhand, is absolutely biological reality. And the reality is that all mammals are either male or female. If you have functional, expressed Y chromosomal genes you're male, otherwise female.

"Transgender" IE gender dysphoria, is simply a neurological malformation which results in PHYSICAL sensation of unease or disgust regarding the otherwise normally sexually differentiated tissues. HRT can relieve these symptoms through as of yet unelucidated means, but SRS crossdressing, and changing your name does nothing. That stuff has nothing to do with the disease, and conflation of GD with autogynophilia was greatly hurt the public support of those who suffer from it.

"Intersex" refers to people born with ambiguous genitals. Which actually has nothing to do with sex or sex chromosomes. Abnormal sexual chromosomal configurations such as XXY or XYY do not result in abnormal genetalia at a rate higher than those with XX or XY.

Final note: people with total androgen insensitivity are female because despite being XY, the Y chromosomal genes are not expressed. People with Chapelle syndrome are male because despite being "XX", one of their X's actually has functional Y chromosomal genes.

>Science says
Not it fucking doesn't. Science isn't a person. Science isn't an organization. Science is a process of verifying a hypothesis. I am so fucking sick of this anthropomorphization of science as some perfect, all-knowing god-substitute.

Fucks sake you know what else is natural?

Male dominance.

(((Science))) says

Don't you have some debts to pay? That post doesn't even make sense.

I've been here all summer btw.

White male dominance desu

>responds to science links with a screenshot

never change.

XX and XY the end.
Everything else is mental illness

>every fetus in the womb is a female

Dropped.

These """"""""""""scientists""""""""""""" are fucking stupid. We're not fucking fish.

Most animal "homosexuality" is simply accidental. It is impossible for animals which do not have the mental capacity to choose to fuck because they want to (rather than just starting to hump on instinct) to be homosexual. Meaning that humans, great apes, and dolphins are among the possible candidates.

gendertrender.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/what-many-transgender-activists-dont-want-you-to-know-and-why-you-should-know-it-anyway/

>making the baby more likely to be male

kek

this delegitimises Sup Forums's comment on subjects of this kind

>he gives the fags what they want instead of just memeing at them

>science
Stop that.

seeker:
>can global warming alter an embryos sex
why should i trust that site?

I wish we could just pile all of them into their own little country and watch from a distance as it sinks into the sea.

>Turner Syndrome
>Male
Mate, there's a reason why there's a Y Chromosome

>Chapelle syndrome

Also known as Dave syndrome

>fell for it again

1st day eh?

Imagine if your doctor told you that your child is a trans and should have self treatment. But your child acted and behaved totally normally.

So in this hypothetical situation you have a liberal trying to manipulate the lives of other people's children.

Make a facebook/twitter account and debunk all of the idiots who fall for this shit. You have the credentials to do it, dont waste it on shitposting on an indonesian cartoon board.

Oh, one more thing, humans cannot be actual hermaphrodites. It's literally never been observed

Toxoplasmosis can be cured with a simple prescription in just a few days.
See your doctor with any concerns.

>XX CHROMOSOMES = WOMAN
>XY CHROMOSONES = MAN

ANYTHING ELSE REGARDING CHROMOSOMES IS A MUTATION

NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEE

Because you're an evolutionary dead end.

>bipolar juntion transistor

>University in Spain, shit tier second world country.

Countering sketchy science with more sketchy science.

>We've defined Gender in a very specific way.
>Co-incidentally we've proved that there is more than one gender!

No actually, what I mentioned was intentional, deliberate homosexuality. Which raises the possibility that homosexuality, like most forms of sexuality, is instinctual, and biologically serves the purpose of social binding (again, most animal homosexuality happens in social animals). Bonobos are the epitome of this, they are pansexual and use sex to settle social disputes, to "chill" essentially. Another example are the kudu, an african antilope. They live in herds of all males and all females, which only come together in the breathing season. Female kudus are all bisexual, and male kudus are all heterosexual. Female kudus engage in genital stimulation of other females throughout the year, so its not a matter of being horny during the breathing season, and during the mating season, female kudus still tend to prefer other females even when males are available.

In humans you see this in some instances as well, like the Spartans, which encouraged homosexuality because it helps soldiers bond with each other.

For the longest time, the argument against homosexuality was that it was antinatural, which we now know is total bollocks. There is no reason not to embrace natural behaviors which don't have any inherent moral problems. Cannibalism and infanticide are inherently immoral, mostly because you commit murder. Homosexuality doesn't have this problem.

Science says there are more than two genders. It also says that these are the result of genetic abnormalities and are not, strictly speaking, normal or healthy.

It also says that these genders do not exist in the absence of clear genetic differences. Gender/sex is biological, not something you "feel".