Why didn't they just go home

Why didn't they just go home

low effort london

> t. woman

this

they were home, you obviously didnt see the "this is england" scene. the very wooden planks they were standing on were just an extension of england.

A bunch of tea-sippers being stubborn, what else is new?

the movie wasn't successful because it left out their primary motivation from the book: they wanted the money

taking an enemy ship would have made every man on board comparatively rich, each according to their share.

instead, hollywood kikes replaced it with some weak political motivations.

>tfw not a woman or a minority or a liberal
>tfw can fully appreciate this kino

No one had anything to gain by pursuing the chase. It was a goose chase driven by the captains pride. It cost multiple lives, an arm, almost a doctor (who, at the time, was very valuable)

is this what women actually believe?

>I didn't watch the movie but I'll have a go at it anyways

Oh I'm sorry, did I miss the tactical value of ONE ship?

dumb forced meme

Would this have cleared up at the Oscars if not for LOTR?

>tfw some pig won't grant you your deathwish because he's been brainwashed about muh justice

The kid lost his arm after the initial encounter.

He wouldn't have been spared it by going home. It was already too late.

But all of regular sailors talk exactly about that, what a prize she would be and what a great cut of the loot they would get etc etc.

controling the trade routes

Those warships weren't part of an expeditionnary force or a war fleet, they were meant to take each other down

>money alone is a strong motivation for a film character istead of ideals
Back to the kitchen

You're acting as though they were acting rationally. It was an essential plot point of the film that Jack was pursuing the Acheron more out of his pride than a sense of duty and the men were too loyal to disobey him. It was a character study and you're too much of a pleb to understand it.

>too loyal to disobey
That's kind of an oxymoron

>That shitty sequelbait ending
How did he even know about the doctor dying? Is he psychic?

>to smart to be dumb

The regular crewmen on the captured ship would be aware that their doctor had died but not be in on the captain's ruse.

how

In the book Maturin doubles as a double agent for the English. I always thought this scene was simply a reference to the knowledge he would have of the ship's crew as a result and his secondary task was even subtly referred to earlier in the film when he says "The French have their agents, as do we..."

This user gets it. Pic very related

Had a big fuss about this. Bascially Jack was going of the rails and even says that this is beyond their mission to chase the Aceron that far. He's justifing it, but especially after that Nelson-speech stuff, it comes of as him trying to achieve his own legendary win.
My friend said that it was a selfish decision and I was like "yeah, well Napoleon was kind of an dicator, you had to fight him eventually anyway", but it could have saved the lifes of some of the men who trusted him, the sailors. It almost got everybody killed.
The main issue is that we never know the exact orders of Jack - was he just to patrol to a certain extent or to attack any enemy vessel; pursue and going out in a blaze of glory?

Jack mentions what his orders are in the film. His orders were to pursue the Acheron as far as Brazil. Whether he disabled or captured it up until that point was left to his discretion. It's once he keeps on doggedly pursuing it, however, that he's acting purely out of pride rather than duty.

So what you're saying is, they should have discussed the bonus situation?

>tfw you share a board with underage plebs and hipshits who don't understand dutykino

My exact response when asked. No, I'm not saying you are parroting anybody. I'm just saying that you understand perfectly.

:^)