Who's going to see this in the cinemas?

Who's going to see this in the cinemas?

We HAVE to support the rise of anime live adaptions!

Sorry, I don't support whitewashing

I'm gonna go see it because I don't pay for cinema tickets anyway, but honestly it looks mostly like garbage.
>ScarJo couldn't give a fuck about the IP and she's in no physical shape for that role, not to mention her fucking Jew face
>if what I read about the plot is true, it's a fucking travesty that throws all the philosophical themes of the original right through the windshield
Looks great visually though, the one company that looks like it took the whole thing seriously is Weta. The props look fucking sick.
I'll go but my expectations couldn't possibly be lower.

>It's a revenge movie where Scarjo must find out what happened to her life and who is responsible

You know what this reminds me of?
Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible that made Jim Phelps (the hero of the 1960's Mission Impossible show) the bad guy as he betrayed Cruise's character and the entire Impossible Mission Force.

I LOVE IT!

It's fucking stupid, and I just KNOW they'll end the movie with a big reveal about how she actually came to be.
The whole fucking point was that the major's identity was always a background thing that made her question whether she had ever been a real person sometimes, which was a way to bring about the question of what really makes a Ghost, but it was never fucking central to the plot and more importantly it was never fucking answered.

What's so bad about knowing that she used to be human and was involved in a car accident that caused her to almost die but became a Cyborg?

I am fine with this

Because a large part of the major's character was that she sometimes wondered if that was the truth but at the end of the day it didn't matter. Making the entire plot revolve around it and coming up with a big reveal about how TURNS OUT SHE WAS JUST A ROBOT!!!!!! Is retarded.

>I LOVE IT!
Have you watched any of GITS?
This

>Have you watched any of GITS?
First one, second movie, and Arise

Watch SAC nigger.

This.

Saw the movie last week.

No surprise, it's shit. They literally took plot from remakes of Robocop and Total Recall, mixed with loads of GitS references and scenes (and of course they lost their meaning completely because they only wanted to bank on REMEMBER THIS REMEMBER THAT effect) and called it a day. Dialogues are stupid as a fucking brick (if in original aneymeys they always discussed philosophy and stuff, in film they just talk about U R UR OWN WOMAN EVEN IF YOUR BODY IS SYNTHETIC and THEY STOLE UR LIFE MIRA), characters are boring (The Major lost her charisma and became a cyborg with a mind of an autistic child) and action is sparse and mediocre so you can't even say "well it's just entertaining action movie".

Sorry if my engrish is crappy.

Well that's pretty much exactly what I was expecting. How much feminist shit is being pushed in it?

Oh, yeah, they had some of that.

When they needed to get access to her cyberbrain, they asked for her CONSENT. And at one point they tried to get unwanted access and she screamed I DO NOT CONSENT and started crying when they told her that they didn't need that.

Maybe I'm just overthinking it but after all that CONSENT talk from crazy people I couldn't think about anything else.

No way, you can't be serious.
Fucking hell.

Wasn't the first animated movie mostly just eyecandy? I haven't watched it in a while. I knew the live-action would be shit, though. But I think the animated movie wasn't a masterpiece and people are taking it too far.

Kill yourself cancer

It had pretty good themes, a good plot, very good animation and art. Fits the criteria for a great animated movie.

I'm not 17 so i stopped watching dumbass cartoons a long time ago.

What other anime should be adapted to American cinema?

armitage III could make for a fun live action action film i think

Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's a work of someone who gives a damn about storytelling, especially visual, and competently touched on some existential themes, even if those thoughts are not that deep. Maybe a bit overrated by some, but still entertaining thing and it's 1h20m long, so it doesn't waste your time at all.

>car accident

>weebshit
sorry OP, i'm no more 18...

Oh, there's plenty that you could do in Hollywood, theoretically.

Cowboy Bebop (with Keanu)
Paprika (and make it more faithful to the novel)
Kiki's Delivery Service (time to turn witches into a fad)
Lupin III (no way they can make it as any worse than the recent Japanese live action movie)
Gantz (make it be just the one mission)
East of Eden (very easy to turn into a generic Hollywood thriller)
Golgo 13 (Day of the Jackal type of thing)

>its another Sup Forums get hilariously BTFO again episode