youtube.com/watch?v=ZVPa1zF3h6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck the Cuckorado Assholanche to be quite perfectly honest family

That's a very rude thing to say user.

Imagine not tearing up at the vid.

>AND AFTER 22 YEARS.....RAYMOND BORQUE

Avs are a rude team with a rude fan base so fuck em
plenty of guys who waited longer and got NOTHING

Which is exactly why this vid is amazing. Someone finally did it at the end of their career.

I dont understand what we did to derserve this hate my man. Cant we all judt get along?

you aren't going to trick me into saying anything nice about the Avs, Leaf.

fuck them right in the butt.

maybe if you weren't such dicks in the game threads

no I'm not going to tell you what team you were playing because I'm sure youre like that with every team so FUCK YOU take your Cups and shove them up your asshole

They're already plugging my ears cuck.

good for him, but its not like it was unexpected, colorado fucking dominated that entire year and everyone knew they were going to win from the halfway point of the season.

>le ebin Roy quote

unless you are an old school Nordiques fan (doubt it) you're a fucking faggot for bandwagoning a team that isnt even in your country

>Knew they were going to win
>Game 7 SCF

Please tell me how as an 8 year old in 1996 I was supposed to literally cheer for the Calgary Flames. yung gunz. The amount of Red Wings/Avs fans around my age in cities with shitty 90s hockey teams is pretty high due to this.

Come over to Michigan, I'll put you in the fucking ground

>crying for a millionaire who plays a game for a living
End yourself

I was a 10 year old in 1996 cheering for my shitty oilers. You have no excuse

>being a fairweather fan

fucking scum

Imagine thinking you have to cheer for your hometown or else you're a fairweather. I've been with the Avs for 20 years. An Amerifag like you wouldn't have stuck with them after last season.

Cheering for the Oilers is a mental illness and I don't need to be compared with you. Also they won the cup like 5 years prior while you were still alive and cognizant so your point sucks.

how can people even consider it an option to switch to being a fan of another state/provinces team just because your team is doing bad.

fucking traitors. you are dirt

Literally no one in this topic has done that. I started cheering for the Avs as a Calgarian as an 8 year old the SECOND I started caring for hockey. There was never any 'switch'. Don't know what you autists don't get.

you can't do that
you root for the closest team within your side of the USA/Canada border or you are a faggot

if your province or state has a team that's your team. if you live in like California or New York where there's multiple teams, you pick the closest one.

only non-North Americans can pick and choose what team they like

I didnt care about hockey when i was four

were you even in canada yet, rajeet?

Im white and the farthest ive travelled was lelowna

Is living in Winnipeg a valid excuse for bandwagoning some other team? I hardly remember anything from before 1996, but now that they're back I kind of have to cheer for them.

that might possibly be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It doesn't matter who you like or how close you are to them as long as you are loyal to them

Youre a faggot

Were you homeschooled? Cause this is the worst opinion on the internet.

it does matter
for example.
just because my Wild haven't won the Cup and likely won't this year doesn't mean I'm going to switch to the Blackhawks or the Jets or some shit. I'd rather fucking die.

The point in question is that if you, as a child, for the VERY first team you ever cheered for, said "Fuck the Wild, I like the Sharks", and then continued to be a Sharks fan your entire life despite living in St. Paul, is that wrong?

The answer is no but some people seem to think you are geographically bound, and also able to know sports fan laws as a 5 year old.

That's not a comparable example dummy.

yeah it is wrong and your dad should have set you straight but obviously didn't

My Dad was a Habs transplant to Calgary so if he set me straight I'd still be doing it wrong by your books. And I'd have to cheer for the Habs.

moving complicates the fandom rules.
but you are still breaking them. your choices are Flames (geography) or Canadiens (family)

I mean choose whatever you want USA and Canada are free countries but you're still a fag

>living life constrained to arbitrary rules
your post is seriously lacking in the freedom department

its not about freedom its about not being a bandwagoning traitor

After twenty two years, RAYMOND BOURQUE

Explain how an Avs fan can possibly be considered a bandwagon fan if they have been one for the past 10 years.

>a league with the devils, wings, and stars

Everyone knew New Jersey was going to win in 2003 and that Final went 7 as well.

you can't just decide to support Colorado when you live in Alberta and your dad is from Quebec

honestly you are just saying "fuck you" to your dad for liking the team that used to be the Nordiques, the Habs biggest rivals

also doesn't matter how long you have been a traitor you're still a traitor

Imagine taking sticksoccer seriously enough to shed actual tears over it... just imagine...

this is SERIOUS SHIT man

I wouldn't ever cry over it but still its SERIOUS SHIT

Close second.

Imagine actually tying yourself down like that like a freedom hating faggot. You probably cheer for the Wild.

One great part of liking a non-home team as you become older: You are instantly identifiable as a guy who can shoot the shit about hockey at the office. People with local stuff are 90% of the time fairweather but the true hockey fans can seek you out and become bros asap.

But I don't like this team

>working a pencil-pusher deskjob

>making 90k within 3 years of finishing undergrad

Would you like me to buy you a ticket to see your local team play?

I do what I want
YEEHAW!

This wasnt the one and only year Big Dick Bourque was on the Avs.

go ahead Mr. Moneybags

>shitposting aside you should go to a Wild game if you're serious, its a good time great atmosphere nice people nice city tbqh

>Traitor
>If only he had remained a Bruin another decade he could have raised it for his real team

Stanley Cup is best trophy in sports
prove me wrong

Only the mentally ill would even try

I'd literally give every other team in every other major sport a thousand dollars before I pay to see a Wild game. Dullest and shittiest franchise in the history of sports. Will never win the cup but will also never pick top 5. If there was ever a team I would pick to be in eternal limbo between 7-11th spot every year for it's entire existence, it would be the Wild. The fact that someone, at some point, that was employed by the Wild, decided to pay Matt Cooke money to feed himself is enough for me to write them off as a franchise all together.

How fucking pathetic is it that 'the Hockey State' can't even win a fucking cup, and would even LOSE a franchise to Texas of all states. I get that college hockey is big there. I've been to a few Mavs games, the college presence there is quite great (but nothing compared to Massachusetts), but at the NHL level they are a pathetic state with a pathetic franchise and another pathetic franchise in their history.

Don't worry though, Suter and Parise will definitely lead you guys to a few round 2 exits. Or, they would have under the old divisional structure. Now they are in the Central and the only way they will ever make the second round is if they play Vegas as the WC2 spot this year. Even then, of course it would be the fucking Minnesota Wild to lose to Vegas in their first year of inception. Jesus Christ I hate the Wild. I've lived in the COUNTRY of Hockey for almost 30 years and I've met fans of every team, even Florida and Columbus, but I've NEVER met a Wild fan. How could anyone? You fucking Minnesotans are just a shit version of Canada.

"Ohh we have Hockey and Snow and Lakes and Farms and Left-Wing Pinkies, we are so special". Newsflash, that's my entire country you snowflake pieces of fucking garbage. Go die, maybe the Wild will honour you in some way. Oh wait, they already retired your jersey because they are such a sissy franchise with no accomplishments they had to RAISE A BANNER FOR "THE FANS". FUCK YOU.

I don’t fully disagree.

It doesnt but this does.
youtube.com/watch?v=FvBp_JXoCfk

Another classic NHL tear-jerker. Mario coming back was a good one too.

Ray Borque Winning the Cup:
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-adnOYdqJg

Iggy's Return to Calgary:
youtube.com/watch?v=QHBVAuCNruo

Bruins Fans sing O Canada After Habs Fans Boo the American Anthem:
youtube.com/watch?v=7TxpxFqAV4I

Konstantinov Lifts the Cup in his Wheelchair:
youtube.com/watch?v=JsZS0sVrQ5c

Lemieux Returns after Cancer Treatment:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVPa1zF3h6c

That's what came to my head, but looking at the suggested videos there are WAY more. Only a Hockey/Sports fan from a young age would be able to understand tearing up at these things.

salt

Where did the Avs fan touch you, user?

Underage b&

No Bruins fan around at the time felt anything but pride and happiness for Ray Borque