Adjusted for inflation, Russia sold Alaska for 120 million dollars, or roughly the cost of one big budget movie

Adjusted for inflation, Russia sold Alaska for 120 million dollars, or roughly the cost of one big budget movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/how-alaska-became-a-federal-aid-magnet/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do not let that confuse you. Alaska has not been beneficial for the US
economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/how-alaska-became-a-federal-aid-magnet/

>Alaska has not been beneficial for the US
It is for geopolitics

but alaska is comfy
t. alaskan

>a whole bunch of nothing that was only draining the Tzar's coffers was sold for peanuts
You don't say?

>petroleum
>uranium
you don't say

He is talking about the money. And he acts like that was a good deal for the burgers from the economical point of view.

oil tho

>petroil
>ur anus
>XIX century
Hans, please

That border with canada in the bottom is ugly as fuck.

having land of this size there's always a chance of finding resources, that's what I meant. Just give it away is stupid

The main resource in 21 century is educated humans not dirt

so this is russia's problem. I see

>30 years after Russia sells America Alaska, a gold rush starts

>implying gold rush was a good thing

tell that the Saudis

You sound like Eike Batista. Potential resources or not, it was expensive to main and right next to Britain, selling it to the US was a good deal. for fucks sake, I don't even think ruskies had a port in the far east back then, let alone a finished trans siberian railway
so what?

I don't want to be allah akbared

A single claim in Eldorado Creek held $180 million current USD

Tsar's governemnt was afraid that US can start a war for Alaska. It was absolutely impossible to defend it. Even in 1904 with railroad to Far East already built we couldn't fight properly with japs because of the distance between European part and Vladivostok. And look where is Vladivostok and where is Alaska.
So basically we sold it in order not to lose it for free in war with USA.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

did you read this Why do you keep bragging about the deal that was, in fact, miserable for you? YOU pay for Alaska with your taxes, how can you be happy about that?

Also it's not like Modern Russia and the US has large stock of these ressources

>how can you be happy about that?
I'm in a nation of fellow Americans, as much as I'd prefer the Fed fuck off I can't ignore that it's better to have a more well rounded nation in development than poorly maintained shithole states and two or three states with actual development

It really is.