'Evangelion' Picked Up by HBO

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/evangelion-picked-up-by-988170

>A live action adaptation of the hit anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion has been picked up by HBO under the title Evangelion

HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCF5A_3T3FI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fake and gay

Delet this

user, even if there weren't post already calling it fake, no one would believe you. You think anybody no matter how much of a shut-in they are would NOT hear of a evangelion live action? Not to mention the boards here would be flooded with "ANIME-KINO HURRR"

Aw shit

I don't get what the value of such a thing would be.
Like, at least with Akira or Ghost in the Shell you could see how a live action version could appeal to general audiences who haven't seen, and aren't interested in the originals.

I don't think the same audiences would care about a show or film stuffed with references to Ultraman and 70's sci-fi that's about a bunch of depressed teenagers.

Never gonna happen user

Eva is too complex for western audiences and its budget would be too high

>US TV stretches it to 4 seasons
>Make a movie to better explain tbe last 10 episodes which were just monologues and screaming over a black screen
>It's a trilogy
>Prequel a year later
>Gender swapped reboot a year after that

Can't wait

you fucks memed me into 13 episodes of this, thank god I came to my senses and realized it's just dumb robots and cringey teenage bullshit.
Why do people act like it's deep?

>HBO
Good. I hope they ruin it to the point where weebs look back on the trash series with nothing but disgust.

You didn't finish it

>dumb robots
Literally the only remotely good part of it. Shame we didn't get more of that.

Because the transcending reality 2001-ish stuff doesn't come until later fucker.

Just like Monster......

nice try guy

>Eva is too retarded for western audiences
fixed it for you

edgy

What has been predicted by the Dead Sea Scrolls will soon come to pass.

>too complex

only because the creator is a fucking sperglord

NGE is impossible to follow. Reading "Summaries" is like a clusterfuck of gibberish

I hope Kaworu is cute

>NGE is impossible to follow

I never read a single wiki article on it and I was able to understand everything my second time through

Only the last 2 context less episodes are impossible to follow, fuck off.

>Eva is too complex for brainlets

ftfy

Not if you fucking listen to what they are saying and are able to read the text on the screen

this is what 12 year olds from Sup Forums actually believe. we need a /film/ board holy shit

None of that explained what Instrumentality is or what caused it.

Who will be the shoehorned nigger?

None of it was supposed to. That's why End of Evangelion exists.

because only the first two epsiodes and the last 5 episodes are good

Yes it fucking does. It spells it right out for you. Especially in EoE.

Asuka will be a sassy black woman. Screenshot this.

>NGE is impossible to follow. Reading "Summaries" is like a clusterfuck of gibberish
If you're literally fucking retarded perhaps.
It's not even complicated if you have it in front of you.

Kaji of course. All the girls want to get BLACKED.

Also people would bitch about Rei being whitewashed despite ... well, bitch is pale as fuck.

You joke, but an HBO Evangelion would be the most kino show on television.

user, you're watching NGE so you'll have context for End of Evangelion.

Nah, we don't need a live action adaptation. There's absolutely no need for it.

>HBO Evangelion
already done

In the modern day Asuka will be cast as a non-german fatty and renamed, most likely won't even be white. Most likely a modern raging amy shummer stype feminist that screeches about how her vagina smells. Rei will not be played by an asian actress, probably won't have blue hair or red eyes, she probably won't even be pale because white people are evil. Another faminist but will be a snarky twitter/tumblr style hambeast that makes quips constantly.

Shinji will be exactly the same as he is in the Anime, but played by a scrawny white boy that can't do anything himself. Like I said, nothing changed but the race.

Shini's father won't be changed, he's already the perfect picture of everything wrong with straight white men.

Mistao won't have blue hair. She won't be a drunk. She'll be a lesbian. She won't offer to have sex with shinji if he mans up. The character will be reimagined as a super confident strong intelligent woman that has her life completely together except for the damn cis white males that keep screwing everything up. She'll be non-white.

She'll be scissoring with Ritsuko who will be a flabby tumblrina or maybe even a post-op male to female. She'll be the scientist that knew how everything should have been done to make it turn out right but no one will listen to her. The series will treat every action she takes as correct and she'll be massively loud mouthed about it.

Ryoji will be played by a white male and be a complete sleaze. Which he already was, but it'll be even more in your face. He'll probably be balding.

It'll completely ignore everything about the anime, and they won't have the budget to do the giant bioweapon/angels fights so they'll cut to black for every fight. Angels may not even be called angels, or they'll take ANGELS too literally.

It obviously won't be set in Japan. Japanese names will be western names instead or ebonics names.

pls no...

Their only similarity is psychological aspects, and even then the main characters are almost polar opposites.

The day this is announced is the day I walk in to HBO head office wearing a bomb vest.

>Its dumb
>About robots
Its not either. You're pretty dumb.

>the main characters are almost polar opposites
>both scarred by parental neglect
>both forced by circumstance to act
>both unable to feel satisfied or secure
>both have huge Oedipus complexes
I'd say they're more similar than they seem

Cringe post.

>'We must stop Ikari from triggering instrumentality'
>Immediately trigger instrumentality

What the fuck did they mean by this?

i will never understand the autism it takes to type this kind of shit

None. All it takes is the will to make people cringe.

Ikari didn't want to trigger Instrumentality, he wanted Rei to become a godlike being that would do as he asked and let him see Yui again. It's important to remember that the Third Impact does not necessarily result in instrumentality unless the "god" decides to do so. Seele were in opposition to Ikari because they couldn't risk him being in control.

Will it have the scene where they all fuck while Nine Inch Nails plays in the background?

It does, but like most jap stuff it does it in an incredibly convoluted and messy way. Things are just happeing and all the while you're wanting to know why it's happening, the characters are instead simpering on about their hurt feelings and depression.

EoE ending is truly epic, what's taking place in front of you is literally the end of the world as we know it, but I'll be fucked if I can explain exactly how or why it got there, all I know is we have Eva AT shields around our souls, and now theyre somehow being destroyed and we return to a hivemind goo, because some alien god chick got a robot in her eye and her hands made a red ball but now she got her face chopped in half.

Its amazing, but fucking messy beyond belief.

Your sacrifice will forever be remembered user

Rei?

Rei/spoiler]Ackbar, brother.
May you receive many waifus during instrumentaliy Insh'inji

If this is true which it isn't it would suck.

Don't lie user, there's not a single moment where they mention aliens, it is impossible to know completely about the series without reading the wiki, fuckin' cunt

You don't need to know about the first ancestral race to understand what happens in Eva

>white girl
>japanese name
>having sex with an older japanese man
>being fondled by his younger japanese son

That's not my point, my point is that they left a lot of key info out of the original series, yes, you can understand most of it but there's lil' gaps that don't make sense without reading the wiki

>Eva is too complex for western audiences

Evangelion is a show about the different ways how humans are messed up and how difficult is to us to open and relate to each other, while occasionally giant robots and space monsters trash each other in the foreground to keep people's attentions.

That's it.

This, Eva is not even that complex, I was confused at first at the ep 25, but then I realized what I was watching, it is ""complex"" because the pacing is messy and a lot of stuff was left out of the series that was later explained in EoE

Yeah but western audiences want capeshit and medieval soap operas. Plebs get turned off by anything even remotely abstract or non linear like the last two episodes or the instrumentality sequence in EoE

that's very complex compared to the average western blockbuster

But we already had Pacific Rim.
A whitewashed cashgrabbing hypefest that completely lost everything that made the original significant.

eva definitely isn't that complex but you can dumb down literally concept and make it sound simplistic or childish

hate when morons act like this reductive attitude is a valid response

why haven't you watched the better version of eva yet, Sup Forums

>inb4 somebody is black and the entire internet spergs out

bait

"you fucks memed me into 20 minutes of this, thank god I came to my senses and realized it's just dumb apes and cringey "kino" bullshit.
Why do people act like it's deep?"

now do you realise how dumb you sound?

>acting this confident in your argument when some Sup Forums elitist ultima quantum patrician is just going to come in and reply to your post with some smug implication that 2001 is also shit

My Nigerian.
It actually has an ending that makes sense too.

everyone laugh at reddit

honestly i haven't seen eva in like 10 years, i have no idea how it compares to soma

i felt that some things in argento soma weren't very clear towards the end, i definitely need to rewatch it sober soon

but yeah the ending was nice, first time i've had someone reply to a post about soma on Sup Forums though

>NGE is impossible to follow

go back to r*ddit

Evangelion done right lads

>HAPPENING
it shouldn't

This will be the next Blunder of the Century

youtube.com/watch?v=lCF5A_3T3FI

>A live action adaptation
Stopped reading right there

Evangelion if it was made for plebs

I'm sure it'll be as good as the Death Note Netflix show

ftr Tony has about a hundred more layers of depth to him but they're not exactly polar opposites

Lmao kill you'reself

JUST DO AWAY WITH THE JAPANESE NO BALLS FEELING THAT THE JAPANESES MEN FELT ONCE WHITE CAME FOR THAT ASS SELF INSERT CHARACTER KNOWN AS MOTHERFUCKING PUSSY ASS SHINGY

SHINGY IS HORRIBLE & I WILL NOT WATCH

Shinji is literally justified in being a pussy, though. Dude has suppressed memories of the same type of robot he's was commanded to pilot straight up murdering his mom.

Isn't that what the rebuilds are

Only 1 and 2
3 was made for literally fucking nobody

>Kaji of course. All the girls want to get BLACKED.
If this happened then Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums would form their own Human Instrumentality through combined autistic screeching.

Please be trolling. Pacific Rim was all about oldschool super robot shows (with a sprinkle of Patlabor), not Eva.

I wonder if Hiroshimoot would be a pal and play Kom Susser Tod on autoplay when that eventually happens

>I fell for it
Thanks op