Which era did you spend most of your childhood in?

Which era did you spend most of your childhood in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ekqYhP8PhMg
youtube.com/watch?v=tXonrSIg9dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lPYkOMj-3iI
vocaroo.com/i/s0EIv4wKNdL7
youtube.com/watch?v=oZvDIxFlMZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=FHxJKdsxsfo
youtube.com/watch?v=NvUeQaLUX2k
youtube.com/watch?v=YO1GBsuzTWU
youtube.com/watch?v=mMfxI3r_LyA
youtube.com/watch?v=X5oHkc3w2KI
youtube.com/watch?v=kBJdj-8FJC8
youtube.com/watch?v=b16upFloYak
youtube.com/watch?v=UyPPoIZuQzE
youtube.com/watch?v=luvP9AKlXfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Early as a child and Core when I was a little older and allowed to choose my entertainment more.

core

late millenial culture

born in 99

Early millennial.

Fresh meat right here

Core millenium culture

This song gives me tingles.
youtube.com/watch?v=ekqYhP8PhMg

A culture where you play football outside all day and don't care about shit at all

Core Milennial
Pokemon was the essence of my childhood

Early and core millennial

When I read the question the first thing I thought of was the wwf attitude era

oh
never thought baybread was a thing in oversea

It is

Born 1995.
Core Millenial-some Late Millenial

I remember a mixture of stuff from core and late in that image

beyblade was fucking amazing back in the day

91 so core, but enjoyed early and late Gen Y as well

Early Z
though A lot of Late millenial things too

I'm gonna cry.

Why is time so cruel.

Core, Late, Early

t. 20

Between early and core millenials

i actually grew up with pokemon, ps2, gameboy colour and a lot of the cartoons in the core millenial culture

core

Late millenial
>ps2
>runescape
>bionicle
Good times
>tfw wanted to play halo, had to go to cousins place to play xbox

H-h-how young are you?

Early - Core

Between core and late milennial, leaning late.

Could be 18

Kim possible has a special place in my heart. We miss you kim.

Late millennial-early Z
youtube.com/watch?v=tXonrSIg9dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lPYkOMj-3iI

Core and late.

dob 1990, Core millenial and late millenial

Late Millenial Culture but I also fully experienced Core Millenial Culture

A mix of early and core

mix between core and late. I'm 20.

Early Gen Z master race

No.

Late millenial culture/Early gen Z

between core and late millenial

Were you poor or something. Because the core millennial things mostly died by the time you were 4.

93 so I know about "core and late millenial" stuff.
Western cartoons were good then (and were actual "cartoons"). There are still good shit but way less it seems.
I always wanted a tamagochi but it was fucking expensive for what it was.

And some "early millenial" stuff was still around. I remember pogs, tmnt and other old ass cartoons of course.

Core Millenial

This one is specifically for Germany. Which ones are all you non-Germans familiar with? (besides the obvious ones like the Gameboy)

Core millenial

Things have gotten so much worse

born in 1998

Good cartoons are making a comeback though

user, please tell me you recognize this

vocaroo.com/i/s0EIv4wKNdL7

Pre-millenial.

t. 1981

Super mario?

user PLEASE DON'T JOKE AROUND

Ocarina of Time?

that's better

Not joking around. What is it? Sounds like a video game

>vocaroo.com/i/s0EIv4wKNdL7

ANGRY KAZOOIE BROTHERS OF TIME

I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS

>shock gum
my nigger

Take this

Early, Core and Late, the image is shit

Meeh was too poor for lego
Once or twice a year i got medium/big sized set and thats it

>Millennial
It's Gen. Y.

Mostly Core, especially for formative/nostalgic purposes, but I remember Late stuff well. This makes sense given I was born in the early '90s.
But because some things were released later here, I have decent familiarity with Early stuff, too.

More of a TV guy, then?
youtube.com/watch?v=oZvDIxFlMZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=FHxJKdsxsfo
youtube.com/watch?v=NvUeQaLUX2k
youtube.com/watch?v=YO1GBsuzTWU

I won't be able to sleep tonight, because i will keep on remembering my wonderful childhood and how miserably i failed in my later live.

youtube.com/watch?v=mMfxI3r_LyA

Never watched any of these rtl2 shows, primarily watched superrtl
Also most of the money went to video games anyway, dont know whether it was that beneficial in hindsight

Authors William Strauss and Neil Howe are widely credited with naming the Millennials.[2] They coined the term in 1987, around the time children born in 1982 were entering preschool, and the media were first identifying their prospective link to the new millennium as the high school graduating class of 2000.[3] They wrote about the cohort in their books Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069 (1991)[4] and Millennials Rising: The Next Great Generation (2000).[3]

In August 1993, an Advertising Age editorial coined the phrase Generation Y to describe those who were aged 11 or younger as well as the teenagers of the upcoming ten years who were defined as different from Generation X.[5][6] According to journalist Bruce Horovitz, in 2012, Ad Age "threw in the towel by conceding that Millennials is a better name than Gen Y",[2] and by 2014, a past director of data strategy at Ad Age said to NPR "the Generation Y label was a placeholder until we found out more about them".[7]

Don't care.

Gen X -> ??? -> Gen Z
??? makes sense as Gen Y

These?

youtube.com/watch?v=X5oHkc3w2KI
youtube.com/watch?v=kBJdj-8FJC8
youtube.com/watch?v=b16upFloYak
youtube.com/watch?v=UyPPoIZuQzE

>wii u

It's pretty popular

> Which ones are all you non-Germans familiar with?
Meine Erste Banane

>tfw son of german parents and this image invoked memories of me visiting omi and opa in the summers
I just sat there looking at this image and felt like crying.

>tfw I will never finish the last day of elementary school in the US, fly business class Lufthansa to Germany, get picked up by my uncle at Flughafen Tegel, run inside the house to the smell of Roulade, Frikadellen, or Spätzle cooking, hug omi and opa, sit in front of the TV watching german cartoons while eating Haribo and Kinder Schokolade, sip on a Mezzo Mix or a Malzbier, eat Waldmeister ice cream for dessert, count all my Pfennigs I found during the day, stay up to watch the sun set at 11pm, and travel around Europe with my mother and brother until school started in August again
I really wish I could go back in time

Born in 1989 here

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who knows pic related

where?

>Tegel

good, you hippie piece of shit

wat

It was either Tegel, Schönefeld, or Tempelhof and Lufthansa only served Tegel (mother worked for Lufthansa so discounted first and business class flights). My grandparents moved to Berlin in 1960, thankfully about 100m west of the future wall. And we'll all very far from what you would call a hippy aka Neue Berliner

>tfw core-late millenial
Had an SNES though. Playing Donkey Kong 2/3 was the shit.

That weird area between core and late.
Keep in mind the South is about 3 years behind everyone else in some places.

Avatar was quickly forgotten after release

Core-late

I had one of those, I got it on a trip to Costa Rica. It's in Spain, at my parent's home, in my old room. Those were the shit if you couldn't afford a gameboy

Yo, anyone got a pic of a 2006-2010 kid in a 2006-2010 room with 2006-2010 shit in it?

Late 2006 was when everything went to shit, when it switched to early Gen Z culture. Pluto stopped being a planet and The WB ended, marking the final death of Saturday morning cartoons.

Late Millennial-Early Gen Z

Who /1996/ here?

Late Millenial to Early Gen Z.

Late millennial early gen z.

But everything went to shit in late 2006

But that's not when the great recession began.

10's >>> 00's

#
Yep, the recession pretty fucked up popular culture #

Late millennial stuff was still great, but quality went downhill with early gen-Z. Few things can be saved from gen-Z to now, at least cartoons seem to improve

But it's when Pluto stopped being a planet and they cancelled all the good shows

speaking of which, you'd think the recession ended last year with how people still talk about it
ended in USA in 2009.

Pluto had it coming, most of 2007 was still pretty decent. Also I was a kid and this was around the time I got into anime so I didn't care.

depends where you live i expect , but yes it was. 2006/7 was when worked dried up, pubs started closing and the high street shops started to empty.

But now we have 4 dwarf planets, also, what shows?

early millenial
youtube.com/watch?v=luvP9AKlXfs

to be honest no
it probably looks the same as the core gen z though

Half the people i talk to say Code lyoko was horrible and the other half says it was bretty excellent

Sometime when I read those threads I understand people killing themselves.

Time goes so fast and destroy everything. All those things that were the world when we were kids are gone.

Only thing left is the absurdity of the world.

Split between core and late millenial.
Born in 97.

Core mil and late mil with some stuff leftover from early mil because shit took time to get here.