Youre the first person I ever heard call it terrible, maybe its you

>terrible acting
>marlon brando sounds like he's chewing on a brillo padd
>predictable as fuck
>cinematography is sub-par
>three hour movie, felt like filler the entire time

BRAAAAAAAAP

Watch it OP

I just did. The pacing felt off too. Don't get it.

not sure if bait or teenager

>terrible acting
ok, let this end here. It was a bad meme OP, it was alive long enough.

@80970645
>terrible acting
Stop reading there
Jesus you guys are not even trying anymore.

>I hate something, look how cool I am!!!!

Faggot

No this movie is a bad meme, it got overrated and now everybody thinks it's real good because they were told it's good. It's not, and there is a ton of better movies than this.

>The scene where Sonny beats up Carlo (Connie's husband) took four days to shoot and featured more than 700 extras. The use of the garbage can lid was improvised by James Caan.

>Took four days to shoot and has one of the fakest looking fight scenes of all time with a fist VISIBLY not connecting and they left it in

Yeah, what a great movie

Thread is shit, OP is dumb

Now is time for gabagool

I'm giving valid reasons why this movie is shit and no one here is throwing any counterarguments in the mix, besides

>HURR YOU'RE AN IDIOT MOVIE GREAT

>muh action scene
go watch transformers faggot

I'll agree that it's a bit overrated, but mostly because it's actually really good

>muh explaining why the action scene is shit

Filled with awful scenes

>Michael goes to Italy
>boring as fuck arc
>finds some hot bitch
>marries her in like five minutes
>She dies from a taliban-esque car bomb
>has no impact on the story

>>has no impact on the story
Fucking pleb scum.

I didn't like it either.

Why are retarded people allowed to go on the internet?

congratulations. youre an idiot.

No counterargument? It honestly didn't have any impact on the fucking story.

>Hot Italian bitch dies
>Michael comes back and cries to the other bitch and she marries him

Why are you even on this board?

>tfw got the blu ray trilogy back in December but still haven't watched it
Anyone else really enjoy watching these movies during the fall? Perfect Thanksgiving weekend movies, same with Lord of the Rings.

>has no impact on the story
Jesus user

>not realizing the movie is about Michael
>about him trying to live a life outside his family business
>not realizing this scene represents the fact that he can't get away from it
>not realizing the fact that the Godfather is a trilogy and that Apollonia is relevant in all the movies because of the impact of her death in Michael's life

I actually do think Marlon Brando's acting is pretty forced in this movie

you're a fucking moron if you don't understand the point of that scene. stick to watching capeshit while mom heats up your tendies.

>Trying to live a life outside his family business
>Moved to Italy BECAUSE of the family business
>Always asked when he could move back

Yea, killer argument there.

>this is what counts as trolling in 2017

The only good scene was when Tom Hagen flew to California to get Woltz, that was good. The song they used during that was made specifically for the movie.

He moved to Italy because he was on the run for murdering 2 men as an act of vengence on his father's behalf. It had nothing to do with the family business. he had no desire to be involved in the business until his wife and brother are killed. He realizes that he will never be divorced from his family's life of crime, so instead of trying to keep running from it, he decides to throw himself into it totally.

Keep sharing your "criticisms," I can do this all day.

It's what causes him to come back home and become the next Godfather.

He was an idiot for hopping in anyway. That was the dumbest fucking shit ever.

>Promises his American bitch he WOULD never get into the business
>Immediately hops in to kill that corrupt cop and the Turk

Yeah because that arc totally makes sense

the movie is about that struggle, doesn't mean he succeeds.
When he goes to Italy it's like a place where he can settle down, but he still misses home, over time he falls in love and stuff, but then she's killed and he remember that he can't escape. Come on user, you watched the movie, Michael never wanted to a be part of his family business. But in the end he accepts it, and turns out he's perfect for the job. Now if you really think that the movie has too slow, and that the actions scenes where bad, and that the dialog is boring well.. it isn't our fault that you're stupid.

Lets sage this thread and go home boys.

The scene with the gumba wife & the hitting italian was glorious.

There is a reason James Caan is a star.

Your trying so hard to bait it sadly almost seems like you're genuinely stupid.

But it's ok, kino isn't for everyone, some people prefer the cool CGI fest 'splosions and men wearing spandex in capes.
Marveltards need love too.

But stop trying to pretend that you'd even be able of understanding and appreciating the Godfather, even if you tried.

You're going to have to accept that you're intellectually stunted and live with it.

>what is lying
>what is protecting his father

He only settles down in Italy because the faggot for some reason took it upon himself to get himself involved, and not ONE person stopped him from doing that. If he really wanted to not be apart of it that bad, why'd he fucking hop in so damn quickly?

Retarded logic, your arguments are saged.

gee seems like he's a flawed and complicated character. he seems interesting, they should make a movie or three about him.

see

>"flawed" and "complicated"
>Codeword for "terribly written"

The Godfather is not Kino. The only one able to produce pure unadulterated Kino is our lord Zack Snyder. The Godfather is good but not as good as BvS, the SuperKino.

>not family business
>father's behalf
>father

Shit argument, he shouldn't have hopped in to do that, and it's bad writing that NO ONE stopped him and helped him with that shit idea, which was also awfully done. Gun in the bathroom? Give me a break.

Godfather only seems boring and predictable now because of Scorsese, the Sopranos, and millions of parodies. At the time it was cutting edge crime fiction, but now its no longer required viewing and had been surpassed by many, many other works.

>what is he wasn't lying at the start of the movie
>what is protecting your father doesn't mean killing two people

Yeah it's not like he was pissed because they those two tried to kill his fucking dad and beat him up or anything.
I'm sorry you came from a deadbeat home but people tend to let their emotions get the best of them over these kinds of things.

I do not care for The Godfather.

What is up with the need to use ad hominem and straw man?

the godfather = reddit
the sopranos = Sup Forums

Take your pick boys.

Which doesn't make it any less dumb. He was a fucking war hero, you'd think he'd have a little more sense, right? Nope. And no one in his family tried to stop him? Why? They dealt with shit like that all the time, but they let him handle it?

>I'm a dyel nu-male millenial cuck: the post

t. pleb

>inb4 vulnerable characters are bad writing
Imagine being OP. This is his idea of fun...

If you're father is a candy store owner and a competing candy store owner murders him, does murdering that guy in revenge mean you're now involved in the candy industry?

answer: no

I'm sorry that you can't understand the difference. autism is beautiful, user

>tv shows
Nope

you can't argue using just actual arguments?

Don't worry op, there are quite a few people who think that it's terribly overrated without being contrarian.

I'll take Casavetes in that one movie desu

it's how 4chin works

you can't stop taking dick in your ass?

OP HERE GUYS. Oh, this was a good laugh, stupid fags, can't avoid a good old bait uh? hahaha

If you're a war hero, and your father gets an assassination attempt on him, wouldn't you be smarter than that since you fought in a fucking WORLD WAR?

Answer: Yes

But nope, they wrote him to be an emotional faggot who got all trigger happy when his weak jawline got punched in. Nobody in the goddamn Corleone family even was going to do anything about it.

Not OP, I'm OP. This guy is just a manlet who is mad that I'm thrashing this old husk of a movie.

what?

I've seriously read that top sentence like 6 times and still have no idea what you're getting at. Put a little more effort into your posts.

>He was a fucking war hero, you'd think he'd have a little more sense, right?
Ever heard of shellshock? Veterans aren't exactly known for being that calm after war.
t. my dad had his uncle living at his parents' house after WWII and he would frequently wake up screaming at night because of seeing his friends being tortured in Guadalcanal

>And no one in his family tried to stop him? Why? They dealt with shit like that all the time, but they let him handle it?
Because it was personal, the guy took a shot at Michael's dad while being the only person the Turk trusted in their family to make a deal after the shooting because he thought Michael was the reasonable one.

NO, I'M THE OP!

>wouldn't you be smarter than that since you fought in a fucking WORLD WAR?

yes fighting nameless combatants on a battlefield because your countries are at war and having a personal vendetta against someone for hurting your family are totally the same and will illicit the exact same emotional response.

It is I, the real OP!

Was there any scenes of Michael being a shellshocked bitch? No there isn't, and I'm surprised there isn't, because he is clearly a beta, but they wrote him to be seemingly cool and collected.

So if he is calm and cool, why did they all of a sudden make him out to be some fucking mob boss who's putting out hits? It was a really badly paced arc. And it should have been Sonny.

>Because it was personal

Does not change the fact that Michael shouldn't have hopped in and his family all talked shit to Michael prior to the assassination attempt about how they didn't want him wrapped up in mob shit, and yet they let HIM do that hit? Weak.

OP here (the real one). Guys was all of that really necessary? I mean all of your rude comments? Like really? Seriously? Don't forget that there is an actual living human being on the other end of the computer who is reading your hurtful comments. Just something you might want to consider before you decide to send another rude message.

Michael was even worse. he closed off his human emotion because he self medicated the war with family business.

What are you going to do after you post your bait thread?

"I'm gonna sit down and finish my meal."

You think too much of me, kid. I am the trolled one! I missed my chance.

You know a lot of veterans don't outwardly show they have PTSD and other problems in public right (n fact a lot of them are emotionally stunted because of their experiences in the war and have bad family lives after the war, kind of like Michael did with his own wife and kids)?
Michael always had the makings of a varsity mob boss or a politician (Senator Corleone), but his father never wanted him to get into the business and did all he could to prevent him from joining in.
Michael initially got in because his family was in a terrible spot with his dad getting shot up and knew he was the only one who could do the job, it was only after Sonny's death that he decided to take the reigns of the family because he knew Fredo and Tom would never be able to do the job.

Like I said before, Michael was the only one whom the Turk trusted enough for a sit-down and his family actually did try to stop him from doing it, it was only out of desperation and Michael's planning that he went in for the kills.
You really need to watch these movies again before shitting on them, especially when the writing for them is actually incredible.

you realize that 2 years took place between him going to Sicily and returning, right? it was not "all of a sudden"

>it should have been Sonny
that completely defeats the fucking purpose of the movie god damn it

>yet they let HIM do that hit? Weak.
they let him do it because he was literally the least likely person to murder the Turk in retaliation. as far as the Turk knew Michael was a total outsider to the family business and therefore the least likely to involve himself in something like assassinations.

I don't even care if you're baiting, you're baiting badly if you are

wrong

It's a sicilian message.

made me smile

It was never made for 90s born plebians...

saw the movie first, read the book, book is so much better.
but mostly, Vito being a decent person capable of doing awful things is charming, and Michael stepping up where his brothers couldn't is satisfying.

What do you think of Mario Puzo's original version of the screenplay for Superman?

>That's Superman. Did I tell you or did I tell you?
>I don't believe it!
>It's got to be fake.
>It's real. That's why he's called Superman! Johnny Ola brought me here! I didn't believe it, but seeing is believing!

>Your trying
You're*

The book is pulpy episodic trash. The movie is art.

If you where to ask me my greatest Capesshit experience... It would be Russeell Crow as Batman being a fat detective...touching no one

UP IN THE CLUB

The art.

How is fatass can escape scan with Law & Order type knowledge while being fat.

No it should've been rewritten to make it Sonny, Michael was a fucking weak jawlined beta who couldn't hold a torch to his brother.

But why would his fucking family let him do it? They knew it was just business.

Batman was the detective. Superman was the enforcer.

& then gay happened.

imagine being such a pleb you assume a sense of superiority for liking a shit movie lol

You've never read the book, sweetie. Xx

there's nothing particularly interesting about Sonny becoming head of the family. he wanted the job badly but was terrible for it. Now a movie about michael, a snow white war hero who goes from wanting nothing to do with it to realizing he better than anyone at it? THAT'S interesting.

This isn't like on Reddit where you get to downvote people you disagree with, kid. You gotta get up close and BADA BING sage their thread all over your nice new ivy league suit! Come here. *muah* I love this kid! I love you. Now, user, this is business, and you're taking this very personal!

You're fucking retarded and you've already proven this, no need to continue.

I left the bait obvious to scare anyway any pain-in-the-ass Redditors.

Assuming I'm a redditor is your only ammunition.

>t. 90's born queer

Redditors are anyway, so let them lose their souls.

>sweetie. Xx
Any chance of recovering after that?

You obviously can't