TRUE DETECTIVE SEASON 3

It's happening FOR REAL this time!!

EW has exclusively learned that creator Nic Pizzolatto has penned at least the first two episodes for a potential third edition of the acclaimed anthology crime drama.

>We have also learned that Emmy-winning writer-producer David Milch — the mind behind dramas such as Deadwood and NYPD Blue — is coming on board to work with Pizzolatto.

>The extent of Pizzolatto and Milch’s collaboration is still early days and not yet formalized. Obviously, Milch’s experience as a writer will be a key component, but for the record he’s not expected to serve as the True Detective showrunner (at this stage, there is no specified season 3 showrunner). Also keep in mind a third season has also not yet been greenlit, so new episodes are far from certain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sN_YtynITo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FROM THE DUSTY MESA

After season 2, no thank you.

excited desu

no please,stop

I was a fan, but...nevermind.

at least Pizzaman won't be writing it alone like season 2

Fuck yeah. Season 1 was fucking insanely good.

Season 2 was a meme but whatever, the show still has so much potential.

Would you watch it?

I don't care what they do as long as it's not connected to season 1. They better not bring back Rust and Marty for some further adventures of bullshit and fuck it all up.

Casper knew this

>David milch
>deadwood

I'm excited now

I'm so happy. I bet it will be great.

There was literally nothing wrong with season 2

Actually it was extremely good.

Just like season 2 right?

Season 1 was just as bad as season 2
prove me wrong
you can't

B R A V O

P
I
Z
Z
A

FUCK MEME DETECTIVE, I WANT ANOTHER SEASON OF DEADWOOD; FUCK YOU MILCH YOU KIKE FUCK!

People like suffering.

Why not USA death squads allover the world?

source me faggit

no one cares about your opinion

[antinatalism intensifies]

pizza latte is a shit writer and they shoulda canned him already

This. S2 hate is just bandwagon autism.

I appreciate my countries ability to continue conquering the world.

The hypocrisy is the seeming of seeming funny to me.

S2 was a little meh. The shoehorned politics was retarded. But, other than a couple of boring parts, it was pretty good. Not s1 good, but good enough.

> Also keep in mind a third season has also not yet been greenlit, so new episodes are far from certain.

So is it happening or not

the literal opposite

>David Milch
>John from Cincinnati

eh

LOOKS LIKE DUSTY MASON IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Just show current Detectives in the Ukraine.

I will love it.

Right there in the pic

Need these 2 guys back otherwise keep your shitty season 3.

Season 2 was fucking awful. If you disagree you got memed by the TV senpai.

WE got Brady , Russia.

BRADY!!!!!!!!!!!!

They say there are two sides to every pancake, Ray. Well, I'm burning the food and my stove's not even on.

Not interested without Fuckanigga.

cary fukunaga, mcconaughey and harrelson made season one good but the writing was not any good. don't understand why you guys would be excited after the s2 trainwreck.

I think they should take what was good from the first season: detectives, missing children, illuminati/well connected cult, ghettos/gang scenes, etc and change the setting. Like Australia

I think Sup Forums reached peak contrarianism with season 2.

Literally one of the worst seasons of television ever produced by HBO, and yet I still see people defending it on here.

Season 2 is the ultimate pleb filter. You have 2051 and a half years to prove me wrong, go.

should I actually watch it then ?

I'm from Congo so it didn't air on tv here yet.

underrated

Samefag

yeah. I love season 1 but it would ruin the series if they brought them back.

Mmm, maybe....yes....hmm....good...

we'll probably have to wait 2 more years but cool.

>all this season 2 hate
why do redditors act arrogant? it was miles better than the gimmick spooky shit in the first series.

most of us watched season 2 there is no way season 3 can be worse

>

I'm convinced every single poster who says they think this, is actually joking.

contrarianism is one hell of a drug

No, it's contrarians. You could see it happen in real time when it aired. Nobody was enthused about the first few episode, then by the time people saw enough to call it they had decided it was really amazing. By the half of Sup Forums proclaimed to love it, the only place on the internet I saw more than mixed reactions to it

stop posting cock teasing pictures you faggot

>tfw liked both seasons despite flaws

>have different opinion that doesn't abide to the norm
>reeee muh contrarian
if you just want an echochamber where other opinions can be hidden, this isn't the place

Vinyl 2.0 meltdown incoming
Milch will outwrite Pizzalatte out of a paper bag and Pizza's fragile ego won't be able to take it, ala Winter/Scorsese beef

Screencap this

>tfw I wish my bro was like gay cop, but he's just a faggot

the only thing you say anyway is "muh pleb filter" and "muh reddit"
s2 was a hot mess and not much more

There was plenty wrong with season 2. Frank was a terrible character. It's like he watched 30's/40's gangster flicks and took them seriously, then tried to act like characters from them.

dude lets get 2 (or more) unconventional actors and make a super srs gritty cop drama around them wow this meme should work for the 3rd time

>speculating what an user has said is my argument.
>my opinion is fact
idiot.

Man of Steel and BvS are peak contrarianism. At least until Justice League comes out

That online cult in Russia that keeps mind washing teens into committing suicides is kino material.

yes my opinion is fact, are you slow?

Hating Man of Steel and BvS are peak contrarianism, they are the only modern capeshit movies that have redeeming value except for Raimi Spider man. Justice League will probably be shit though since it's an ensemble piece.

Season 2 did have a lot of flaws but overall it was still a pretty good piece of television. It'll age well.

>It's like he watched 30's/40's gangster flicks and took them seriously, then tried to act like characters from them

That's the point, it was aping Noir, just like the first season was hugely influenced by AMerican gothic. The gimmick of the show is that each season is/was supposed to reflect different tropes in American literary/pop culture.

Fuck yes. Elba is based and Carrel can do drama well too.

This is pretty spot on. I normally don't defend Plebbit's horrifyingly pleb taste, but I have to side with them on True Detective because season 2 was so embarrassing.

Not sure if you're joking, but I think the coolest thing about season 1 was the mystery/horror/paranormal vibe it had going for it. Season 2 made a good attempt at a true-life conspiracy plot (something akin to "Eyes Wide Shut") but missed the mark.

Anyways getting back to its roots would do it a lot of good. Something weird and spooky in a new setting would be awesome.

>Carrel can do drama well

No he can't.

The movies were he's trying to portray sorrow looks like he has some kind of autism instead.

>Season 1
> le fedora tipper

>Season 2
>based gay cop
>based Frank
>based Ray & Ani

Are normies really this fucking dumb to think season 1 was anything special at all, let alone better than season 2?

>s2 was good
Stop this fucking meme right now. Just remembering Rays death scene makes me laugh at how bad it is

its just redditors. theyve been brainwashed with one opinion on most shows and films. Saying otherwise triggers them. Maybe they'll learn someday

They need to not set a deadline on this thing. They had all the time in the world to make season 1, that's part of the reason its so much better than season 2.

>> le fedora tipper

Did you even watch the ending?

No

Can't understand 99 percent of the season 2 hate

The story was nonsensical. 4 main characters is too much.

>>Season 2
>>based gay cop
>>based Frank
>>based Ray & Ani

Ironically, you're a fucking pleb for thinking adding these gimmicks makes it "better". The appeal to season 1 is "what you see is what you get" - it wasn't trying too hard to be something clever or cool, it was just telling a story and had really good acting. All the fedora tipping in it is 100% self aware and genuine.

Season 2 is a fraud
>let's add in all this cool shit, also it's in LA brah *nods towards Hollywood buddies* dude corrupt cops lmao

yeah, fuck off

kek

>No
hahahahaahahha state of you

>Winter/Scorsese beef
That wasn't the case. Scorsese didn't do any writing on Vinyl and he had already worked with Winter on Boardwalk Empire and Wolf of Wall-Street. The Vinyl beef was between Winter and HBO

let me give you the answer:

plebs

>people defending the garbage that is season 2

It also had the worst, most cliche endingI've ever seen in a premium network show.

Pizza needs to go.

>tfw

I love TD threads because you can easily point out the plebs that shit on season 2. Thank you based Pizza for helping us out

>Pizzolatto

Shame this hack is still involved, but Milch is top tier.

feel warning that shit.

Warrior god was the only good scene, and maybe Vince Vaughn's character's ending.

I hope Pizzolatto let's Milch do the dialogue this time so we get less hacky lines

The appeal of the first season is the character interactions between themselves and their families, there are genuine moments where they reveal deeper themes, that have nothing to do with the murder mystery at hand, as that acted as the setting for the characters.

>muh gay cop
>muh stronk female cop
>muh corrupt cop

Literally gimmicks, dialogue was written like garbage too, just rewatch the last exchange between Frank and his wife, it's dreadful, nothing like the interactions between Marty and his wife.

>Milch
>The creator of my favorite show is working on my second favorite show

>tfw Rachel McAdams didn't get gangbanged at the orgy

I mostly agree. Season 2 is so frustrating because you can see the good show somewhere in the bullshit.

>Season 1 communicates the scale and direness of the conspiracy, and the main characters' emotional investments in it, even if the conspiracy itself goes somewhat unsolved
>Season 2 solves its conspiracy but its scale is poorly communicated and the only character who gives a fuck is Frank, whose flowery dialogue wouldn't be out of place in a fucking anime

>>My grandfather told me you can discover everything you need to know about everything by looking at your hands. I've been looking at mine all my life, every day since I was 5, and you know what I've just realized? They're fucking feet.

>implying this wasn't absolute kino

>Sup Forumstards have better ideas for the season than pizzaboy
shits whack

>These cucks don't recognize him for the perfect cop/detective drama NYPD Blue

Sipowicz would beat your lilly white asses.

vinceposting was ahead of its time

>The story was nonsensical
It's a noir. Next you'll be complaining you didn't know who killed Caspere to the end, when it's a mystery show