Gamera thread
Let's discuss the true king of monsters

Gamera was a cool guy.

Is this the thread where we roleplay like on Sup Forums? OK I'll start:

eheheheheheheheheheheheheheeheheheheheheheeheheeheheheheheeheheeheheheheheheh

1>3>2

Fite me.
SHINOBU-CHAN A BEST! AYAKO-CHAN A BEST!

Wasn't Gamara created by Atlanteans? Didn't people mistake him for an island at one point?

Yes

Godzilla is too overpowered while King Kong is too weak, gamera is the perfect level of power for a good monster movie

looking to get into gamera, I heard the 90s trilogy is the best of the series, are there any others besides that that I should see?

oh
i heard that gamera is really neat

The original is a pretty cool classic monster flick, the original sequels are autistic tho

How is Godzilla too overpowered? He gets his shit kicked in a plenty

He is filled with turtle meat.

Will we ever experience kaijukino as sublime as the Heisei trilogy ever again?

I swear Sup Forums can read my mind or is stalking me. I just watched the first two 90s Gamera kinos yesterday. Better than most Godzilla movies.
The last fight with the Legion queen is my favorite kaiju battle ever
sorry about the tumblr gif, it's all I could find

Fuck off and watch the third one. Not as good as 2 but still fucking fantastic.

The TRUE KING

Remember when KG killed the dinosaurs?

I recommended Heisei Gamera to some user yesterday asking suggestions for giant monster films and was called autistic by some faggot who recommended The Mist as a kaiju film.
I swear the irony of the retardation in that post was off the charts. I also recommended Ultraman and other Showa era Toho classics, do peoplenot recognize Kaiju Kino when its right in front of them?

What the hell? The Mist is great but it only has five seconds of kaiju screen time and we only see the legs. It's not a main part of the movie. The smaller creatures and the Jesus lady are the bigger threats. How the fuck is it a kaijufilm? Fucking Clash of the Titans is more of a kaijufilm

I've never watched a gamera film in my life but I'm a huge godzilla fan, is there a complete and easy to browse list of gamera movies I can use to track them down?
Keep in mind that I'm not one of those fags who wants to watch something but skip 90% of it

Just watch the three heisei movies. The showa ones can be real difficult to watch.

There's a disc collection of the entire series at my local video store. OnlY about $10 I think. Worth?

Reading that thread in the archives, it seems like the Mist guy and the guy calling you an autist are two different people, though they both share the same sloppy and lazy writing style.

I wish I could be more help but I have only seen the original and the Heisei trilogy and I haven't seen the original in well over fifteen years.

Just watch the 90s trilogy and nothing else

The only thing I remember from that stupid movie is "Maybe you can tell it to your son Major Spielberg" and MKG

At that price, yes. You get the 3 good films plus you can watch the shitty Showa films whenever you get curious and want to check em out for yourself.

Different movie user.

Oh, my bad. I have never seen the 90's Mothra movies. Should I? I never really liked Mothra.

They're not too great, but Leo is a cool guy.

mst3kfags pls.

fucking normies couldn't even tell there's a difference between Barugon and Baragon

>"that stupid movie"
>referring to GvKG as a stupid movie
are you a faggot?

Wtf what movie is this from?

I have no clue, he was either a complete normie or just fucking clueless when it comes to kaiju films, probably will try and defend cape shit too.

Ah, thank you user. Two cases of retardation for the price of one!

SRREEEEEEEEE

I probably wouldn't even give them credit for knowing that much. Their knowledge probably doesn't even surpass Mothra let alone Baragon.

>there are people who defend the dorats and gif related

futurefu is a qt tho and I'm just meme-ing it's a great movie

Rebirth of Mothra 3

amazon has all movies in one blu ray bundle for like no more than 20 bucks

no benefits given, Joel and the bots literally kept referring to him as Baragon during the entire Gamera vs. Barugon episode

You better be user, M11 is, dare I say, /our guy/ ?

444 us

>Good- Impressive
Gamera: Guardian of the Universe
Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris
Gamera the Brave

> Okay-Decent
Gamera 2: Attack of Legion
Gamera vs. Barugon

Forgettable-Awful
Everything else

>The Brave higher up than Legion

not in this universe

oh that's great, thanks user

Gamera is really neat!
He is filled with turtle meat!

No way I could watch the old ones without MST3K crew on top of them. Just brutal

M11 GETS to be /our guy/ user.

Trips confirmed M11 = /our guy/

Trips confirmed. Autism cyborg is /ourguy/

I remember a kaiju movie about a monster (duh) where some scientists invent a light that produces incredible tingle sensation.

Any one knos what movie it was? It looked like the guy in OP but I'm not sure.

Little Braves is severely underappreciated. Get past the admittedly overly cutesy design of the titular character and you have something special on your hands. It's the perfect blend of the two eras before it.

Legion's character drama is meh.

Yongary, the 1967 one (ie not the crap-kino remake)

Reminder that the full Korean version is lost to time

Gamera has a plan! he's got candy in his van!

I've only seen the 60s Gamera movies and then while watching "Creature Double Feature" on rainy Saturdays in the 70s/80s.

One thing that always struck me was that the Gamera films were "bloodier" than the Godzilla or other kaiju films. Gamera and the monsters it faced would get stabbed and impaled with plenty of "blood" splashing about. I've seen a clip from a newer Gamera film in which it burns off it's own pinned hand in order to continue fighting.

Godzilla has nothing like that. Even the film where Godzilla experienced a "meltdown" wasn't as gory as the Gamera films I remember.

Supposedly Tsuburaya didn't want blood in his monster action. Which, if true, is something I always found odd due to how violent Ultraman was even before his death. Things only got more extreme once he was no longer around.

Reminder that the Koreans kill Yongary by throwing ammonia in his face.

>Then the camera lingers uncomfortably on Yongary as he hemorrhages from his anus into a river.

>All this not long after a whimsical scene of Yongary dancing to beach music after being shot with a tickling laser.

HOLY FUCK, I haven't gotten around to watching Ultraman Ace yet, I had no idea the brutality surpassed anything in Ultraseven!

>Which, if true, is something I always found odd due to how violent Ultraman was even before his death. Things only got more extreme once he was no longer around.

Yeah, the Ultraman stuff gets cartoonishly gory real quick. The Gamera films I saw, while showing more blood than Godzilla, never reached that level.

Still Gamera often was visibly injured and showed bleeding wounds while Godzilla basically got hit with all sorts of stuff and never seemed smudged. (I know Godzilla is supposed to be covered with scar tissue and keloids.)

I think the fact that Gamera could and did get visibly hurt gave it a certain attraction for some kaiju fans.

Thanks user!

The best was when Guiron sliced space Gyaos to pieces.

Godzilla bled a lot in vs Gigan. Got his han melted to bone in Hedorah. Got impaled through his hand and shoulders in Biollante. Stabbed in the stomach in Megaguirus. drilled by Kiryu in Tokyo SOS.

Godzilla's had his share of gore

>vs Gigan

Godzilla bleeds in the very first movie after Tsuburaya's death. Toho just couldn't wait, huh?

Showa toku is universally considered trash. Ever consider you might just have shit taste?

look at this faggot

>Godzilla bled a lot in vs Gigan. Got his han melted to bone in Hedorah. Got impaled through his hand and shoulders in Biollante. Stabbed in the stomach in Megaguirus. drilled by Kiryu in Tokyo SOS.

Never saw them. I was just comparing what was shown on broadcast TV in "monster movie shows" during the 70s/early 80s. All the movies were 60s stuff and Gamera was way gorier than Godzilla.

I did see a Godzilla flick at a drive-in in the 70s but I don't remember squat about it. It may have been the Smog Monster one.

Look at this middle-aged fedora who grew up watching Vs Megalon and thinks Showa is the pinnacle of special effects.

How can you blatantly deny that it was the pinnacle of practical effects and claim to not have autism? Go back to defending your dumb ass cape shit.

>the true king of monsters
That's not Frankenstein.

Because the entire era has aged like garbage and are completely boring to watch compared to modern stuff. Compare old Kamen Rider to new. There's no comparison.

Tell me. Why does he wear the mask?

>Tfw tool old to pal around with Gamera-

Life is not fair bros.

Yeah, Godzilla didn't bleed till Gigan. Though seeing Angurius get fucking butchered by Mecha Godzilla fucked me up as a kid.