Real talk

Real talk

Who would you rather take as your starting SF?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcXv0JtzNQA
youtube.com/watch?v=BKipC47xWL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll always take Larry Legend over Lechoke

If Bird took the same steroids as Lebron he'd have played much longer

In Bird's time? Lebron, his physicality would make him last longer in a weaker league.

In today's era? Bird no question, he was a much better shooter.

Hick from French Lick.

Bird, LePussy is a locker room cancer.

anyone who says Larry Bird is a racist

Do you think Larry would mentally break LeBron?

People will say "look at the numbers" and claim it's a no brainer but if you took bird and placed him in today's era with the "advanced" medical treatment and rest today's players get he'd be healthier for longer thus not having like a 8 year window it gets complicated. He could hit fadeaway threes with defenders in his face, grab rebounds and could post up.

I'd probably take Bird granted I could monitor his health so it wont break down like 8 years into his career. Pair him with a decent slasher and they'd be lethal.

I never saw Bird play live because well, I'm not 45 years old. But based on the games I've downloaded and seen on youtube, Bird was second only to Michael in terms of pure skill. Bird's problem was his back. Assuming we get both players at 100% health, for 15 years, I take Bird because he will have the vastly superior old man game.

His career longevity would have been extended if Len Bias never died, helping to save both Bird and McHale's health.

Absolutely

If a fake ass nigga like Kevin Garnett can get LeBron to leave his hometown imagine what Bird would have done? Larry literally put hands on niggaz.

He'd be unstoppable

He's unironically tied with jordan for goat. with steroids and a working skeleton he'd be a god.

Both fantastic players

Larry the Legend.

Funny thing is being great depends almost wholly on what era you were born in yet these are 2 greats and I agree.

Very few great players would be great in another era

I’ll take Bird over anyone.

Bird, he was the more intelligent ballplayer

t. white person

The bigger blacker mandingo

>I’ll take Bird over anyone

You mean John Stockton, right

If you're talking about an all-time starting 5, I'm def going Bird. You're gonna need a spot shooter with MJ driving and drawing the D's attention. LeBrick can sit on the bench.

Bird's game was almost entirely predicated on skill and mind games. Those things don't age, especially since he is the most skilled player ever.

>Bird's game was almost entirely predicated on skill and mind games. Those things don't age
This. Sometimes I feel Bird was individually the true GOAT

Apehoop is so fucking dumb

And I would argue Bird has better touch passing and off ball movement. Yes, Lebron can find these open shooters, but all time lineups means there should be less iso time per player.

Could Lebron Make this shot?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoGmMx8Ejrw

LeBron, and I'm a Celtics fan. The fuck?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcXv0JtzNQA

Bird

apehoop is best played by apes

t. brainlet

Depends who else is on the team. I'll take LBJ if I have good off-ball guards but I want Bird if it's a more traditional lineup

This, actually.

Lebrun can't handle the bantz from Lance fucking Stephenson. No way he could survive up against possibly the best trash talker of all time.

Not a chance

These, in the day where you need to spread the opponents offenses, having a small forward like Bird would be monstrous.

Bird.
His killer instinct was second only to Jordan.
I'd take LeBron as a PF, though.

This.

LeBron was has higher Bbiq than Bird, but Bird is more skilled.

>that whole post
Nigga you dumb

LeBron gets more assist than Bird. He sees the court better.

Larry is a better 1on1 player though.

HOLY SHIT MY SIDES

By every statistical measure we have LeBron is a better shooter you fucking morons

What happened to white american basketball players?????

>White American
dropped

Bird. Lebron is the more talented player and arguably the better player too. The reason I take Bird is Bird knew how to fucking lead.

He didn't make it about him he made it about the team and got the best from guys around him when it mattered most. Lebron alienates his teammates and that can't help but follow them on the court to a degree.

Anyone who says Lebron is a racist.

They got fat and played nigger collision instead

Why the fuck would you want President Johnson on your team?

Cuz he has a big cock

As an SF I'll take Bird since that means I've got to have a PG but positions are for losers.

>one puts up gaudy numbers all year and shrinks in big games
>one is incredible and as clutch as possible in the most crucial moments
Easy choice

how about:
it's the 4th quarter and 4 minutes still left and the game is tied.
who would you rather have as the sf?
kek

/thread

kyrie irving?

B. I. R. D.
Just imagine lediva playing against the bad boy pistons? He will just run home to mommy and join her sucking dicks to kill time.

Also, bird played sporting a mullet. Now that is so white it should be a handicap.

Remind me when Bron shot 50/40/90 over a season?

Is LeBabby mentally tough enough to get mugged going to the basket all night long tho? I have my doubts.

Larry would make LeBrony cry desu

Bird averaged less than 2 pointers attempted per games. LeBron gets more points in less possessions

This thread is full of niggers, I can just smell it

Lefloppy scored a lot on fastbreaks.
As a recepient and not because he initiated the fastbreak. He will never mix it up in the paint because of his fragile vagina.

Really?

Most everyone in the thread picked Bird. I'm surprised how one sided this was.

This generation of casuals have been brought up being force fed """"GOAT LeBron"""" propaganda. They actually believe that having the physical ability of a freight train is the most important characteristic of a great player.

Casuals, LeBitch groupies particularly, fail to realize that the mental toughness, the mindset of a player is what actually defines his legacy and determines his success. LeBron has no mental toughness so those who regard him as the GOAT don't place value on mental toughness in other players.

Today NBA players are on a completely different training regiment in physical conditioning and Bball fundamentals. Someone like Bird, who had the competitive drive and natural talent of s true GOAT would adapt to this environment and excel in modern day NBA because that's the type of mindset he had.

Looking at a guy who had 1980's level bball training and conditioning and saying he would not succeed in the NBA environment 35 years later is like saying the top NASCAR driver of 1960's wouldn't succeed in today's environment bc his car would be too slow.

after silver will the next commissioner be not a jew?

Kristaps will wipe the floor with these two

>using turnleft in your argument

LOL!! Jews own the NBA.

>not having the mental capacity to grasp a simple analogy
>shoehorning your hate for NASCAR into a LeChoke thread
Kek. You’re even worse than turnleft tards

tfw even Bird and Jordan don't consider LeBitch a GOAT. Kek!

Replaced with white finns.

became bitchmade so much that Euros are taking their spots

>rest today's players get he'd be healthier for longer
no bird played like a madman
hes pretty much noah when he played for the bulls. jumping into fans for a loose ball.

probably
youtube.com/watch?v=BKipC47xWL0

>comparing career stats when LeBron hasn't had his declining years take a hit to his averages yet

Leluck

>banks it
If you actually played bball you’d know just how lucky that shot was.

>posting to Sup Forums
>playing a sport
pick one

I play pick up games on weekends, train gracie Baja bjj 3 times weekly and skate daily... and you’re a loser who tries to projects his shortcomings onto others. Try fixing your head first and then work on your body friendo.

>A shittier Ray Allen, greatest skill is being WHITE, which is also the only reason he's remembered
>Or the literal GOAT

Great thread, tough choice

>bird
>like ray allen
I can tell you're under 20 by this post. Bird was a great shooter like Allen, but there was a hell of a lot more to his game than shooting. Rivaled Magic in his touch passing, rebounded like a madman, hustled, dove into the stands for almost every loose ball even when his back was fucking exploding.

>literal GOAT

LeBron is not a GOAT. He's really good and definitely in the top 3 currently playing, but lacks the qualities that would allow him to push through the ceiling to solidify himself in legend status. The Leastern meme and the 3-5 meme have merit. Also he's kind if a prick. He's said and done a lot of shit that makes him look rather douchey. His ego will always be too inflated and that will always be holding him back.

Larry Bird in the other hand, is not an athletic freak of nature like LeBron. But what he lacks in physical raw prowess, he makes up for in mental fortitude - the true mark of a respectable leader and GOAT.

>cig smoking, beer drinkin white guy who probably ran a 6.0 forty
>cryoquantum engineered black man
Hmmmmmm

>athletic ability is the only thing that matter!!

I unironically think Durrant is better than LeChoke.

My reason for this is that LBJ has a history of shying from the big moment instead of embracing it. When you're team is literally built around you and you're considered the GOAT in the game, you kinda need to step up in certain clutch situations or step down from "GOAT Status". If the foundation of the team cracks under pressure, the entire team is fucked.

Durant also beat LeCuck at his own super team game and now irony has taken away el BJ's chance at future rings.
I also unironically love the current state of the nba.

> Also he's kind if a prick. He's said and done a lot of shit that makes him look rather douchey.
lolwut? Lebron is wholesome as shit compared to Michael "I ain't taking pictures with no niggas" Jordan

Nobody is impressed. But keep sucking at your pick up games, friendo.

>you can't double yet
I've heard this before. What were the rules back then exactly? You couldn't double-team somebody who didn't have the ball? WTF kind of dumb shit is that? And how do they even define a double-team, if you're within X feet?

Nobody mentioned MJ why did you even bring him up

>nobodies impressed
it’s an anonymous Swedish fiddlestick carving board. There is nobody to impress or anything to gain from impressing. The point is that you sound like a projecting fat peice of shit who takes comfort in thinking everyone else posting here lives a sad life deprived of exercise and competition.

>you suck at pick up games
Wow now you hurt my feelings, user!

Why don’t you peel yourself out of your crusty computer chair and get involved in any sport of your choosing? The release of endorphins and sense of accomplishment gain from challenging your body will have an immediate affect making you feel less like an angry little beta bitch and more qualified to take part in Bball related threads.

That guy on the left looks like an old lady.

That he does...that he does...

got replaced with balkan slavs

Bird. LeBron is Sixth Man material in an all time team due to his positional flexibility.

LeBron's AAC influence in the NBA almost ruined the league.

Considering he consistently hit game winners you're full of shit. Also duncan became the GOAT PF with that shot.

Duncan is the PF version of KAJ.
>distinctive shot
>underrated defense
>great relationship with coaches

No, user, you really do suck at basketball.

What a weak beta chin on Larry

larry legend would shit on todays league