Why are reaction videos so popular?

Why are reaction videos so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbhcVdux7Y&t=299s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Fine Brothers can be pretty comfy. Plenty of qt waifus, and they edit together good reactions rather than showing entire clips.

Why are book clubs so popular?

I honestly don't know... but I do like Blind Wave.

There's something horrifically pleasant about someone interpreting content for you. It makes it all easier to just sit there and absorb. It's like animals with pre-chewed food.

All in all I don't think it's healthy, but I do think it's one of the first study-worthy phenomenon that sociology can actually investigate, as opposed to events that happened once with uncontrolled variables that they cite until the end of time.

Fuck off. Tyrone is actually entertaining.

Well, I personally feel it's like watching something you really really like with a friend, I mean, who doesn't like showing cool stuff to your friend and wait for his reaction? Only this time, you get an actual reaction rather than uninterested blank stare. Most of the reactioneers or whatever are shit and acting, but there are a handful of good ones.

Because people are moroons

I don't know but i hate them with all my being.

HNNNG.

Please tell me she's watching blacked there.

Why are all reaction channels black guys

Dunno

because people love being told what to feel about things.

because le black man is most funny and cool man meme

you can visibly see with your eyes that she has an inch of makeup on her face at minimum

I can't even look at them for some reason, it makes me cringe way too hard

AHHAHAHAHAHAH
bro what was that guy on the left thinking?

Me on the left

How fuckin sensitive can you be???? Holyyyy shit...

numales

The reactions of Hodor are more autistic.

>search "Black Mirror San Junipero reaction"
>almost every single video features a bulldyke that starts with a variation of "so, Tumblr keeps talking about this episode..."

Real talk: how the fuck can people become THIS attached to fictional characters? I'm not against the act of developing said connections itself mind you, if anything that's a good thing. But on this fucking level? Where you literally lose your fucking shit like you've just witnessed your mother being beheaded with a butter knife?
And it's not even caused by an actual good, well written series, it's the fucking Walking Dead. What in the flying fuck

So? You're not going to meet her.

>receding hairline + beard + glasses
>beard + glasses
>beard
>receding hairline + beard + glasses

>There are entire websites, such as twitch.tv, dedicated to streaming live video of people playing computer games. Some of them put on an act to be more entertaining and some girls dress extra slutty to attract viewers, but mostly it's just average Millennials playing games in a 21st century digital boy stupor that is just briefly interrupted when they're getting donations.

>The attention economy on these websites is also more of a two way street. Streamers clearly do it for the "fame", but also for the money - and if you donate money, most streamers will give you 5 seconds of their time and call out your name on their streams. Apparently this is enough of an incentive for lonely internet Millennials to give away money.

>What you get in the end is a strange biotope of internet personalities streaming their video game addictions for the world to behold and a small army of thousands of viewers spamming the stream's chat with memes and idiosyncratic, autistic speech fragments. If you were looking for a stark visualization of atomized society, that'd be it.

>m-muhaggie

What did he mean by this?

oh my fucking god why did I have to live to see humanity become this

>Why are reaction videos so popular?
It's raw data. This is how the Computer will learn to display human emotions.

I watch them too, I find their videos so comfy.
They are just a bunch of beta/nerd/fanboys but they are totally passionate and honest about everything.

This is so forced its painful

>It's a /WAAAAAAAAAAAAH PEOPLE ARE MAKING MONEY WITHOUT ANY SKILL, I COULD DO THAT BUT I'M TOO LAZY BUT I STILL DESERVE THE SAME MONEY AS SOMEONE WHO CAN BRING IN AN AUDIENCE OF A MILLION PEOPLE/

Yeah okay.

They are all faking it for the camera.

Okay so, they found that on facebook and twitter and whatnot people spend most of their time looking at their own posts, not other people's posts. So maybe they watch reaction videos and they put themselves into the shoes of the people who are "reacting" and in a way they are able to watch themselves instead of actually watching the subject of the video, which has nothing to do with them (and is therefore boring).

It's YouTube videos, one of the lowest forms of art, right? And it's the bottom barrel of that. Reaction videos are shit.

I don't think anyone here is saying that but alright.

I really hate melodramatic people, "look at meeee" yeeeeeeeuuuuuuchhhh

The alt right wins again.

Friend simulation. I see a funny video or something on YT, and have no one to share it with. So I just watch it with other people on YT

>and wait for his reaction

Fuck you faggot. If you werent sitting there staring at your friend he may actually enjoy himself

mmm this good call

webm that shit familia

I laughed at that scene, would people watch reactions videos of someone who laughs when he's supposed to be upset?

It's possible, but i seriously wouldnt doubt this kind of autism actually exists

Reaction videos involve narcissists recording themselves watching something. Book clubs involve a group of people sharing the experience of reading a particular book and they meet to discuss it in an exchange of a diverse array of interpretations and analysis of the same material. Reaction videos are a symptom of the decay of western society while book clubs show depth of character within its members.

For me it's not just that they have no skill, but that they have no sense of shame or humiliation. In other words they're making money off of it because they're bad people. Mainly though I blame brain dead consumers for being interested in watching stuff like that.

Are they? I know they were 3 years ago, but they're still popular?

They're friend simulators. Same shit with let's plays, streams, vlogs, etc.

>cancer: the video

Can you imagine if these people were actually in a crisis/life-threatening situation in real life? Not just watching it on TV? They would just shut down and allow themselves to die

People are lonely and it makes them feel like they have friends.

"Nerd culture," is just the worst.

I would destroy purple hair girl's cunt if you catch my drift

>Hey guys we're filming so I need you to be as fucking autistic as possible

Say no more

They are the ultimate friend simulators, fuck I bet a lot of people can't watch tv shows episodes/movies without some reaction video. It's like a commentary track for really lonely and stupid people.

At least the bros on the right and left keep their man card, the bro in the middle cries like a bitch

Nothing wrong with a beard.

Only if you are /fit/ though.

I don't know how. :/

I like the one where it's a girl and sometimes her sister joins in and almost throws up in a trash can.

I guess that was before reaction videos started missing the point.

because black people

Dude on the left is my fucking guy.
>Oh. Huh. Guess his face is fucked, huh?
>I wonder what we're having for dinner tonight

I said I like the videos, not that I'm attracted to them. I'm sorry they don't turn you on user.

I feel bad for you. "my guy" would not be a retard who makes reaction videos.

>ctrl+f
>"friend simulators"
>2 results

That's 2 results too many guys. Stop it.

>I allowed them to make me sit through this shit. >Why did I not leave this show after season 2?
>Is she really crying?
>Guess I'll nightwalk the dog

>Implying he's there to make a reaction video
I guarantee you this was just some guy who just wandered on to set
Unless if he does make reaction videos, so then he can go fuck himself.

Does this what being "triggered" looks like?

Only watch these guys and Normies for reactions

Blindwave and top tier though

I want to make reaction videos where I just stare blankly at the screen and occasionally take a drink of my soda. Then give them some stupid fucking titles like WATCH: MAN REACTS TO STAR WARS 18 TRAILER FUNNY WOW!!!!!

>not being part of the struggle nation

youtube.com/watch?v=9mbhcVdux7Y&t=299s

I don't think I could ever bring myself to watch a Kids/Teens/Oldcunts/Youtubers React videos. But god, she's pretty.

I mourn for those who never knew what it was to be a geek/ nerd before "geek/ nerd culture" emerged.

>Crazy Ass Niggaz React To:

You know you can make a living off this stuff, right? The four lads from Blind Wave do it full time and don't need to work any more, plus their fans send them literally thousands of dollars worth of free shit every week.

Pitiful, weak people. Get a grip.

>generic potato-faced chink with a double glaze of makeup

Yes I know, I just don't know who the ones in the video are. Are they the most succesful ones or just random teens trying to make money?

I like to watch them to pretend I have cool black friends to watch movies with and buy drugs from.

Normies are influenced very easily, they spend a lot of time thinking about the characters and the show and start to be convinced that it's something real.

They don't just do that stuff, one guy is like a freelancer anyway, Eric and Aaron have wives who work and Calvin is some sort of weird hermit man who doesn't have internet

It's not bad though, they deserve anything they get

>americans

What's the deal with this guy? He seems like a fake he reacts to way too much shut and sells T-shirts

How do people fall for this?

i sell guitars. will i get the cutting edge if i instead of doing proper demos do a reaction vid of myself having retarded overacted reactions to how they play, how they look or how well done are the electronics and shit like that?

I've noticed that Sup Forums has the lowest waifu standards on this site

Why do marvel movies make billions? the average persons stupidity knows no bounds.

Because they tell people what to think.

Also, because emotions are contagious, and a lot of people are emotionally retarded.

never seen one. Annoys me that sometimes I'm doing a search on something and there are more shit about reacting thatn the actual shit I'm looking for.

>unironically using "waifu"

>Search for trailer
>click on likely result
>"Hey guys what's up! Today we're watching the new trailer for ...

Subscribed

>Only if you are /fit/ though.

Bullshit. Just grow a beard if you want to, unless you have the neckbeard genetics.

>being a twig or fatso with a beard

Nope.

>Watching The Kike Brothers