Korean Kino thread

Korean Kino thread?
What some Sup Forums approved Korean Kino?
Seen anything good lately?

Gonna see this at the cinema tomorrow never seen a Korean film in the cinema before.

idk this is probably p alright, cuz the guy who did a bittersweet life did it

>never seen a Korean film in the cinema before.

Me neither, would love to now that you mention it.

Only decent k-film I've seen recently was The Handmaiden, which you've probably already heard about.

The Wailing was horribly overrated imo.

You've seen the obvious ones like:
Memories of Murder
A Tale of Two Sisters
The Yello Sea
A Bittersweet Life
The Man from Nowhere
Chaser
I Saw the Devil
The Vengeance Trilogy (Oldboy etc)

.. I assume.

I hope this one gets shown here. Looks interesting having both good lead actors.

*A New World

The vengeance trilogy
The man from nowhere
I saw the devil

Essential Korean Revengekino right there.

Train To Busan and The Handmaiden were really good, i liked The Wailing but you need some knowledge about local legends to actually get whats going on at the end.

Don't forget The Host and Mother

>but you need some knowledge about local legends to actually get whats going on at the end.

There was no mystery in the end. They explained everything.

It was just a below-par k-movie movie imo senpai. Don't try and make out I'm an idiot for not liking it. If you thought The Wailing was good wait til you see the other million better k-movies.

>Train To Busan

This was good.

A Bittersweet life was really fine man.
Also, I remember it has a couple of good actors and I wanna watch it really bad because it looks good.
>Edgekino
ftfy
Though I haven't seen man from nowhere

What are some good Korean non thrillers? Comedies, dramas with no horror?

Are there any good k-movies that are straight up horror? Thirst was great but does it count as horror exactly?

Decent supernatural horror is a rarity, most Korean movies are about people getting revenge on other people, whatever the genre.

A Tale of Two Sisters is without doubt the best "horror". Only other ones I can think of:

The Red Shoes
Into The Mirror
Pulse/Kairo
Hansel and Gretel
R-Point

Why are koreans so good at making fucked up movies? Serious question

bump

Colonized by the Japanese, who have a long history of making fucked up shit due to the cursed island they live upon.

>The Wailing was horribly overrated

>"Man where were the scares the first 1.5 hours were useless"
>"That ending was sooo unsatisfying"
>"It didnt even make sense, who was the girl even wtf!"

Why Has Bodhi-Dharma Left for the East? is pretty good.

>watches a movie
>"we'll trick them into thinking the jap is the good guy, and the woman is the devil"
>3 hours later...
>"but he's the badguy all along, and she's really chill! kek"

Seriously, if you enjoyed The Wailing that much watch one of these
They'll fucking blow you away senpai. The Wailing isn't even in my top 50 kfilms. Pic related was the best sequence in the whole 3hr movie.

I've watch all this entry level korean kino, all of them were fine (memories of murder was the best out of the rest) but nothing comes close to The Wailing.

Also what is wrong with the plottwists, if watch the movie again, it's not like there's massive plotholes happening when theyre misguiding you

The Priest 2015
pissed my pants, watch with care

Nothing bad about it, I just think it's hugely overrated. The plot twists were obvious and felt forced. A Tale of Two Sisters has plot twists that you don't even see coming.

I'm not saying Wailing is bad, it just wasn't very good imo.

Did you really expect that the jap was gonna be a bad guy thought to be a good guy but also a bad guy before that?

Did you expect the girl to be the bad guy before the obviously dreadful shots of her stalking the jap or looking at his dead body from the hill?

The movie obviously meant for you to think that the shaman is shady though

Checked.

10/10 movie senpaitachi

>the jap was gonna be a bad guy
>expect the girl to be the bad guy

Yes. When you've watched a lot of K-movies you kinda expect this coming desu. They all have a mirage of twists.

The only one I didn't expect was this guy being a badguy..

*Whistles* So you be saying... *Dances with swords* so you be saying that... *Kills a chicken* That there be demons and shieet!? *adjusts loincloth*

Black house, don't watch a trailer and go straight into the movie.

miracle in cell no7

i thought a company man was really cool.

and a dirty carnival was actually a really good movie

>don't watch a trailer

NEVER watch a fuckin trailer.

"I saw the devil" was intense, man

Gonna dl them both now.

I saw the devil pretty much capped off revenge movies.. it really showed the consequences of revenge

Whats the name of that one where the guy is out for revenge but he keeps forgetting about it during fits of dementia? He ends up on an island with some small village in the end. Im drawing a blank and cant Google anything.