Why does this guy have so many films he's directed in production hell? Can he not get proper distribution or something...

Why does this guy have so many films he's directed in production hell? Can he not get proper distribution or something? Apparently The Disaster Artists is absolutely incredible. He also a film called Bukowski and a film called Zeroville, both of which have gone completely unreleased. It kind of reminds me of Crispin Glover's impossible to track down films. (Which I was able to see through a screening/meet and greet at my local theater.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EBhPUe8Bvvw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he makes so many movies at once they can't just release it all at once.

None of those films have seen any release and a few of them have been finished for at least 2 years. (Bukowski and Zeroville)

Also if anyone wants to know the plot of "What is it?" by Crispin Glover, I'll let you know, but its so ridiculous that you probably won't believe me.

fair enough. i have seen a lot of his movies and i think they are pretty lousy. i don't want to say the disaster artist is necessarily a fluke but his track record isn't great.

Which ones have you seen?

When is Disaster Artist coming out? That shit looks good.

Please let me know the plot of that film

the broken tower, sal, child of god, as i lay dying

yes please

whats it like knowing that you will NEVER be as alpha as James Franco

Essentially its about the dreams of an evil child with down syndrome who pours salt onto snails and gets enjoyment out of it. In his dreams Crispin Glover plays a king on a throne who is dressed in a nazi uniform (or he is a nazi?). He has a host of naked black female servants who bring him watermelon to feast on. (At one point he killed one of them I think?) The down syndrome boy gets into a fight with some other down syndrome children and that's pretty much all I can remember from it. At the screening Crispin introduced it as a film he made in protest of censorship, however I'm not really sure how true that was. Some guy in a wheelchair at my screening started yelling at Crispin during the Q&A that the film was a bunch of racist nonsense, but Crispin completely ignored him and made fun of him at one point. It was very surreal and kind of an art house picture. Crispin was incredibly intelligent in his explanation of the film and his talk on censorship and propaganda, but something about the whole thing left me shook.

Also during a super ridiculous scene with the down syndrome child and crispin glover juxtaposed on his head like he was dreaming I burst out in laughter and everyone in the theater looked angry with me.

Because he's a shitty director.

Have you seen the work he's made? He makes some of worst most pretentious films ever made.
To add to that he's a terrible actor. In a perfect world talentless jewish hacks like him would be cleaning toilets and not making pretentious faux-art.

This, he is a fucking joke.

He also showed us a few clips from his other film "It is fine! Everything is fine!" About a murderer/rapist who has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair. There was this super fucked up scene where the man with cerebral palsy is attempting to rape a woman. All the actors with impairments in both films are actually impaired as well.

This.

I actually haven't seen anything he's made, which is why I was confused, but I've watched a few trailers and now it makes sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=EBhPUe8Bvvw
I found an old trailer in case anyone thinks I'm full of shit

oh and the guy with cerebral palsy was also in "What is it?" and was given a hand job by some girl lol

kek so how was the movie?? it was at least fun?

It was actually pretty enjoyable! It was filmed on 35mm, which was what I saw, so it had a warm 70's film quality to it and it was incredibly surreal, but well directed.