ITT: Movies best watched at 2 in the morning

ITT: Movies best watched at 2 in the morning

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bN6KgrntDIg
youtube.com/watch?v=6cdRQ70KSKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice, a thread that actually has loads of potential

Anybody ever watch the sequels to this? They any good?

The second one was passable, but the third was a complete shitshow.

"Let's completely take away the mystery of the Cube and explain what goes on behind the scenes."

Not nearly as good but I still liked them for the mythos.

My nigga!

>he's never watched the Two Towers so it's timed that the final charge at Helm's Deep coincides with the actual sun coming up

Akira

Dude I actually literally wached Cube at 2 in the morning

Actually had the opportunity to watch a late screening of this on a local theater. It was super comfy

Everybody did.

Kinda the point of the thread.

It's a great feeling, isn't it?

>2 in the morning
Week day? You're sleeping to start the day early and not look like a fucking wreck
Weekend? Out partying or getting laid.
Only losers watch movies at 2 am

Wtf I literally stayed up until 3 to finish this on a school night. It kept me so engrossed for whatever reason

We're all losers that's why we're here.

What's your excuse?

Why are 80's horror movies so comfy to watch at night?

Im not a loser.

Fuck you.

must be a cold night

>not coming home from partying/getting laid and watching some kino while the drugs wear off

Pfft

Not a movie, but any of the top tier Twilight Zone episodes.

I'm not too sure, but if the thread were 4 or 5 in the morning after a night of partying, Toxic Avenger is a great choice.

Carpenter is pure 2AMcore

EVERYONE POINT AND LAUGH AT THIS LOSER ON Sup Forums

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Im not a loser.

Surprise for you, big guy.

Ya kinda areeee

Shut up loser

Marilyn Chambers was a fucking cute back in the day.

youtube.com/watch?v=bN6KgrntDIg

Prior to a month ago i was working as a salesman fulltime and studied to be a civic engineer at the second best university in my country, i had to leave both of them because i now have kidney cancer and probably won't live past the age of 23.

Just because i choose to spend my time on Sup Forums it doesn't make me a loser.

I honestly love this movie. I still talk to some of the cast once in a while.

IRL or to your TV?

His mind.

Sorry to hear that chum...

Before the cancer.. you were a loser though, right?

take a chill pill, faggot

Tales from the Crypt keeper and shitty B movies are the best horror to watch at 2am. It's the perfect time to be channel surfing and find some really camp 80's horror film. People posting serious movies are retarded.

>coming home at 2 am
You've never been to a party have you?

>No one posting American Psycho yet
what happened to you Sup Forums?

Comparing Cube with Alien:

Cube was released in 1997. Alien was released in 1979. In addition to being anagrams, both years are prime numbers. Prime numbers are an important story element in Cube.

Both Cube and Alien feature a principal cast of seven who are trapped in a claustrophobic sci-fi set and have to escape without being killed by the titular primary threat/antagonist.

In both cases, the /real/, secondary antagonist, is an opaque, unseen Organization, about which the characters speculate, and which is ultimatley responsible for putting them all in this situation.

The demographics of each cast-of-seven match exactly: four white guys, one black guy, and two women. Point-for-point: one white guy is killed in an early, shockingly gory scene. The next person to die, another white guy, to die is the oldest of the group. A third white guy is cold and robotic, and is revealed to have knowledge of the /real/ plot, which causes him to become hated and feared by the group. [In both cases there is a fourth white guy, but these characters don't marry up beyond that detail.] A headstrong dumb black guy is constructive at times, but ultimately dies toward the end. There is one weak, emotional white woman, and the other white woman is understandably stressed, but is fairly competent given the circumstances, and makes important breakthroughs in understanding the problem. In both cases, this latter character is arguably the "main character" though the films are ensembles.

This is the exact opposite of the truth, the second has a decent start but is a shit film and the bad acting and terrible story ruins the second half, useless movie.

The third is a prequel, fantastically done. It provides a few answers but leaves twice as many questions and is excellent all around.

This or any No trouble movie

I've been to several parties and getting home two-ish is common. Yes, they were good parties.

first time i saw The Evil Dead was on some b movie channel at 4am. truely life-changing.

That's not that abnormal, 3-4ish is more likely I guess but 2 is reasonable.

Generally agree with this; we ALWAYS assumed that there is a Kafkaesque bureaucracy running the thing anyway, so there's no meaningful spoilers on that point.

Also the acting and general production values have dated by far worst on the second flick. Also the cube-room is the most boring in this one, and the goody-two-shoes act of the blond woman toward the blind chick she just met (come with me baby!) is ridiculous, although now that I think about it again the endgame might explain her interest in the asian girl.

The third flick does a nice study of the nervousness among the lower bureaucracy, "calling upstairs" literally, etc "don't talk, shut up, we're on camera". The primary bad-guy even turns in a deliciously cheesy Snidley Whiplash bad guy performance, and the whole thing actually ties together meaningfully with the original.

Cube > Zero > Hypercube

Thanks for the unexpected laughing fit.

congrats user, youve lost at life.

/thread

IRL. David Hewlett, Andrew Miller, and Nicole deBoer all live in Toronto. So does Vincenzo Natali.

They aren't really big name actors so you see them around quite a bit. David especially is an awesome guy and we video chat on Skype about twice a year.

guilty as charged

America is fucking boring. We pregame until 3 am here, then the party starts

Only movie I can remember watching at such an ungodly hour. I was more caffeine than man. It was a waking nightmare.

Historically, I am a pussy. My blogpost is going somewhere and relates to your thing.

Movies that actually, genuinely frightened me as a kid included Willy Wonka, The Neverending Story, Gremlins, and The Evil Dead. Mom went on a trip for the weekend and dad rented the latter when I was about 11-12, the rental store even had the title written in big nasty handwritten letters on the side of the tape (IIRC). He proposed a "bachelor weekend" to watch the thing, he even set it up for me by explaining that it's SO gory and SO over-the-top that it actually starts being funny.

Dad pops it in and I'm cool up until about when the chicks start dead-i-fying, and I NOPE out of the room around the time one of them is being chopped up, or maybe a bit before. I go upstairs and literally watch The New Muppet Show or some bullshit for like 20 minutes and finally come back down just in time to see the book going in the fire and the corpses disintegrating in beautiful stop-action practical glory. Then "the entity" rolls up on Ash, roll credits. Memory: seared.

I would not actually watch the film all the way through until about 10 years later at college, high, by myself, and I /really liked it/ this time because I still found it genuinely disturbing by association, but I was mastering this thing that scared the shit out of me as a kid. Something new sears itself on my drug-addled brain: youtube.com/watch?v=6cdRQ70KSKs is my single favorite scream in any film.

fuck yes

That sounds retarded, why would you spend that much time for pregame? Do you not want to go to the actual event?

We start at 11.30, 12 nigger. Then the clubs or parties last at least until 5.30 AM, most until 6 or 7

So wayland yutani built the cube? Holy shit that's a cool thought.

That's a pretty late start, why not just start at 8-9 and then do shit while staying to a sleep schedule that isn't the complete opposite of normal?

>why not just start at 8-9
Dinner time starts at 9

I don't get it, why did everyone including me watch Cube at 2 am?

What the heck crazy country do you live in? I'm ready to call it a night by 3am.

Through my insomnia I have discovered these gems at 2AM:

>Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
>Meet Me in St. Louis
>Cemetery Man
>Dead Man (and a couple other Jarmusch flicks)

Based Argentina bros, where else?

That's my stoned at 2PM flick...

Sheeeeiittt watched that when I was 12 or something it was okay mediocre.

This movie is incredibly underrated.

The writer puts out some really dodgy stuff.

Didn't you get the memo?

Because we're losers.

Question about Enemy Mine: Do all the versions have the sound in a weird stereo with the dialogue coming from only one side, and the sound effects from the other? I tried a bunch of different torrents and they all had that problem, it made it very annoying to watch.

I'm not sure if this counts, but nostalgia for driving around all night with my friend in high school has made this something I watch late at night every once in a while.

argentinian high five. De donde sos capo?

damn, i can relate even further
rented Gremlins when i was 6. whats weird is my mom had already seen it and told me it was really good. i guess she wanted me to grow some balls.
somehow i made it through the microwave scene, but the scene directly after with the stocking moving above the fireplace was too much for me.
returned it to the store and never saw the whole thing until i was 13.
now its one of my favorite films

Take your flamboyant faggotry somewhere else.

you sound like you want part in some flamboyant faggotry. Post your skype and we all will send you dickpics, no need to be shy here

I know I watched it at 2am.

I don't know if that was a good idea or not.

Rosario, cocaine central

same.

i dreamed about it that night.

>Movies best watched on a Sunday afternoon

Otro argentino mas, somos 3. Zona sur.

No, that's a movie you fall asleep to cause it's so familiar it's background noise at this point.

Also more of a Saturday afternoon movie so you don't feel guilty about spending it with Street fighter the day before you have to back to work.

thanks for sharing!

My/dad's recollection was that I NOPE'd out at the point where Gizmo started "giving birth" off his back, so you're less of a pussy since that's earlier in the film.

4. I hope you're ready to do what it takes when the kirchnerist chimpout begins

I thought it was cute, I really liked it

Actually came here to post this for some reason.

No idea why, but this is the most 2 AM of movies.

Fun thread, OP. seeing lots of old gems here.

Mine is
>pic related