/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood edition
Reminder that the future showrunner wrote this.

Last thread

Reminder that it's actually pretty good.

Weren't they already gone? 2bhonest I don't blame them for taking it down since BF is something that actually costs money and there's a lot less to an audio outside the script than there is a tv show.

>/who/ - Doctor Who General
>Edition in the op
>Links the last thread

10/10
My autism approves

I enjoyed it, but you have to admit it was pretty unoriginal.

Memes aside, good job OP

I wouldn't care if BF included scripts with all purchases, but they tend to only do it with the main range. If I'm paying for Diary of River Song or War Doctor or whatever, can I please get the script pdf, like come on.

REMINDER that they're do that Live Lesson tomorrow

Pretttyyy pleeeasseee someone record it for non-britfags

Cute Bill.

Do you think anyone, except maybe a deaf person, has ever bought the script books and then says "Well, I guess I don't need to buy any of those audios now because I know what happens"?

People buy the audios because they want to hear the original actors doing the parts.

If Big Finish wanted to sell the scripts, I could of course understand them not wanting free scripts as competition. But they only sell a handful of books' worth. For the monthlies, starting a few years ago, they give them away, and for everything else, there is no legal way to get them.

I liked both episodes desu.

That being said...
>Reminder that the future showrunner wrote this.

Listening to Dark Eyes 4 at the moment. Up to the 3rd story. Is Ruth Bradley really not in it at all? Just the older actress for Molly? :/ Really sucks. The whole series is named after Molly.

At least the first DE4 story, A Life in the Day, was really great, but it was purely a Liv thing.

Forgetting BF for the moment, good timing on Chakoteya coming back up, right as OpenSubtitles broke…

Doctor no more...

Expect to be disappointed by the final episode.

Gah :( I liked Dark Eyes 1 the best because it just felt like a strong 4 hour story. Dark Eyes 2 I really liked the format of, but it was more of an idea I thought was cool than a story I actually found super compelling. Dark Eyes 3 was fine, I love the Master and Molly is great but the actual stories were meh.

Is Doom Coalition better or worse? Or the same?

>le shit production with budger close to zero is a screenwriter's fault meme

every time xD

Quite a reception committee

>Doom Coalition 1
Shit
>Doom Coalition 2
Shit
>Doom Coalition 3
Only 2/4 of the stories are good
>Doom Coalition 4
Good but still not as great as the DE line.

>tfw just finished every Troughton episode

Budget had nothing to do with why Cyberwoman was a terrible episode. The writing was shit.

Not that the production and the design wasn't shit, but the script is pretty stupid as well.

Like I don't think a Hollywood budget would make this anything less than ridiculous. Note the cutting to the characters' reactions as they attempt to play it as an actually dramatic scene

Oh, my giddy aunt! Jamie, Zoe, don't panic, we'll think of something!

Say what you like, but if I was flipping through channels and saw a sexy robot lady punching a pterodactyl, I'd probably stick around.

I watched the whole SJA like 5 years ago but I dont remember much villain and even neger kid's name.

>mfw only 19 days til Doctor Who

>tfw I defend my masters thesis in a month

Fuck, I'm going to miss out on some fun autism for the first couple weeks

Who (and maybe /who/ too) will always be there in some form, always best to put actual work and study first. Good luck with defending your thesis, I've been there, it can be a bitch but it feels great when done.

I dropped out of grad school before getting that far, but I believe the key to defending your thesis is to answer every question by:
>Refusing to answer because they're an insignificant specimen,
>Claiming that only an SJW cuck/alt-right racist (your choice) would even ask that question,
>Rephrasing the question as a phrase starting with "implying"
>Flashing a pic of Pepe

Thanks brother.

I'll add those to my arsenal of rebuttals, along with
>"That's a bit reductionist"

Is there a precise countdown clock? And if not, why not?

Meant for

WAKE UP!

No u!

>888
Very nice

Dark Eyes > Main Range Eighth Doctor pre-Divergent Universe > Eighth Doctor Adventures > MR Eighth Doctor post-Divergent Universe > Doom Coalition = Divergent Universe

Interesting list, I imagine you're an interesting user.

I'd go:

Main Range pre-divergent > Divergent universe > Dark Eyes > EDAs s4 > Doom Coalition > post-Divergent > EDAs s1-s3

;_;

New card
What do you think?

Ah, ranking the EDAs as necessary too? Honestly, I think they improved season by season. S4 > S3 > S2 > S1. S4 was when Big Finish finally started to truly capture the feel of the modern show. I only wish that this mojo could have been replicated with the Fourth Doctor Adventures.

I also think that on the whole everything Eighth Doctor is listenable from top to bottom.

I agree, he definitely has the most consistent quality of any of the Doctors at Big Finish. All his stuff is pretty good.

I forgot to rank the Mary Shelley stuff but that's pretty good too.

I wasn't big into the EDAs, I like Lucie, and I really liked season 4, but I just generally was really bored by most of the episodes. It felt like knock-off RTD to me in a bad way.

Yeah the FDAs just...suck.

novels > all

> FDAs
One hour long adventures a la the EDAs with the Fourth Doctor? I'm in. I don't know where they go wrong. Tom Baker is old man but I think by the end of the first season he's got it back as well as his age allows him to. Maybe he is just better suited to longer stories because I quite like the Lost Stories and the Philip Hinchcliffe Presents stuff. Maybe they are too episodic? Maybe their plots would be better served by expansion into 2- disc releases? I just don't know.

>I don't know where they go wrong.

The writing. The performances are fine. It's just the bland as fuck writing.

I also liked Philip Hinchcliffe Presents and The Lost Stories. Doctor Who and the Pescatons is a real old radioplay Tom and Liz Sladen did back in the day, also worth a listen.

Big Finish tend to be best when they can craft their own arcs, like they did for post-trial 6, post-survival 7, all of 8. They stumble a bit more when they can't really do that, or don't want to, with 4 and 5. At least 5 gets some real well-written stories now and again.

I'm happy Tom is doing Big Finish, just wish he was getting better material to play.

Yeah, what makes Big Finish work is that they're not just PDAs with sound. Even when they're not doing an arc with new companions, stuff like Holy Terror or Catch-1782 doesn't feel like a trad PDA.

But the 4DAs, they are just PDAs with sound.

I like Doom Coalition, and most of Divergent Universe is good, while Dark Eyes stall in the middle.

Doom Coalition has its problem, although I'm not sure how many of those are just me not being able to tell voices apart.

Doom Coalition is a lot more consistent than Dark Eyes.

How did I forget that this happened in this episode. It's beautiful.

Saw Capaldi's regeneration episode in my dream last night

What happened?

Well, for some reason Clara was there and she was casually talking to another character while the Doctor was on the floor and beginning to regenerate. When Clara noticed she got really upset and started saying "Not with me!" or something like that (because of her line in S9, even though that was about actually dying not just regenerating) and at this point I was feeling pretty sad but also very curious to see who he would turn into and then he stopped regenerating because of some timey-wimey bullshit and got back up.

It was only halfway into the episode and I didn't see the rest

twitter is funny

Very funny indeed

Holy fucking kek

>not posting the reply

******* it. Bunch of ********s.

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

Samefag

shut up mongo

Hi Matt

A man who knows an insignificant specimen when he sees one.

>Confirmed 13th Doctor in the spoiler

Why hello, asBill. I'm the Doctor.

You sell chips? Interesting thing about "chips". The rest of the civilized world calls them "fries". What I find fascinating about you Brits is your insistance upon calling roasted potatoes "roasters", while you shun calling fried potatoes "fries" using the same logic. Gastronomy and linguistics aren't your fortè, I suppose.

Now, to the important part. There is a forest located deep in the heart of France that has the most magnificent truffles you'll ever taste. The funny thing? My TARDIS refuses to locate them. Turns out she hates mushrooms! I have tried to explain to her that mushrooms and truffles have several fundamental differences, but you know TARDISes. They have terrible taste. I would too if I had to recycle feces, I suppose.

That's why I've summoned you, asBill. Find the truffles, you filthy swine.

>The rest of the civilized world calls them "fries".
america is not the rest of the world user

Sounds sort of like Eleven's regeneration with Amy.

I will always remember when the Doctor was Me.

Was nothing like that at all.

What are the chances clara DOESN'T show up for 12's regeneration?

Sorry...

Depends what you mean by "show up". I think the only thing that would prevent her from appearing in at least a hallucination or memory is if Jenna had a conflicting schedule. And I wouldn't be that surprised if she came back for real in her own TARDIS and if the Doctor got all his memories back.

I think I can find it in my heart to forgive you.

I love that art.

So is basically some kind of neckbeard stalker civil war?

>tfw no special edition Book of the War illustrated by paintanon

Poor Laika.

Seems so.

I could just imagine Clara whispering sweet words of passing...and then Twelve just gets up, and shrugs, with a troll smile.

Then he says "Good bye, Clala" and turns into Hayley Atwell

>pretty

shes a qt

but i have quite low standards

I'd totally go out with a girl who looks like that, but I find the way she refers to herself as "pretty" really off-putting.

>capaldi series 8 poster
d r o p p e d

>you Brits is your insistence upon calling roasted potatoes "roasters"
who does this

It's true though, same shit happens to me all the time.
>Why does a pretty girl even care about McGann?
>Big finish doesn't do NuWho stuff you gorgeous ocean trout.
It's like why the fuck are men so stupid?

I want to FUCK McGann

me on the left

Same shit, dude. I feel you.

Hmm.

I'm str8 but I'd honestly rather fuck McGann.

>defend my masters thesis
what does this mean? is the final test that other academics will run at you and try to rip your thesis up and you've got to protect it for the allotted time span?

heh, good job

>being this new

heh, my bad

Well, basically, you present your thesis, then you get criticized and asked loaded questions. You have to prove that your thesis is not some bullshit.
t. another user

Real talk, what are the odds of the I Want to Break Free thing happening

How would you react if it seriously did

>those quads
checked

That sounds stressful. Can you actually fail that stage or is it basically just a ritual now?

It depends.