Who are/were some of the best trash talkers in sports?

Who are/were some of the best trash talkers in sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ms02gNaYjk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=K5o1rd09R1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=hsfhZQMuc5I
247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/Tom-Brady-is-the-biggest-trash-talker-on-the-New-England-Patriots--53111494
espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20222434/tom-brady-40th-birthday-stories-never-heard-nfl-2017-new-england-patriots
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mj ended bogues career.
Tom Brady, apparently

I am

gary payton

Materazzi i guess

SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYUP

why are basketball fans so obsessed with trash talking? I'm genuinely curious. You all probably met trash talkers before be it in some pick up games or in other sports altogether, maybe even online or whatever. The thing is, no matter how good a trash talker you may be, you'll never be able to get into a skilled person's head unless you're a much better player than them in which case you're already getting inside their head due to their frustration for failing to beat you, which in turn makes trash talking meaningless. It might look cool, but that's literally it. I genuinely can't understand.

Mohammed Ali

Romario

why don't they show the trash talk during basketball and boxing? they could if they wanted

LOL

Objectively false. Any professional player will tell you that the mental game is a huge factor. They'll do anything to get the edge in a game and put their opponent on tilt. The worse they can make them play the more they can control the game. The GOAT trashtalkers were already inside the other team's head before the game even started.

Yo momma so fat your dad has to roll her in flour to find the wet spot

>Mj ended bogues career.

He didn't, stop repeating this nonsense.

No one beats him

Aggressive posturing to compensate for insecurities is a common feature of back culture.

Yo momma so fat she has a part time job as the syrup machine at the IHOP

I really wish there was a way we could get all the on field bantz. Would be way better than commentators.

Sauce on Brady? Would be interesting if true because supposedly the jags defense are huge trash talkers as well

A lot of guys talked trash to get themselves going in a rhythm It can get the refs on their side and it also can take the opponent out of their game. If you grow up talking shit all the time while playing it's weird to play without talking.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ms02gNaYjk

For basketball, there would be so many bleeps for racial epithets and swearing. Not worth it for family viewing.

do you think they say racist shit to each other?

the two GOATs of trash talk

Steve Kerr played himself. Way to take an L just for being "humble"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=K5o1rd09R1Q

Larry Bird trash talk video

Knew he was great but he may be in all time great

/Thread

Yeah. They say so much racist shit that if they were to show it NBA would be treated with a rated 18+with crude language

Ray Allen should be on the list and even though it's baseball A.J. Pierzynski deserves some reverence here.

Most likely the GOAT shit talker.

too bad he played for such a shit city

Leave French Lick alone, hun.

This dude would take on entire teams with trash talking by himself

When asked if he would ever play for Tom Caughlin, "I would rather die in an abandoned building by myself and not have my family know what happened to me than play for Tom Caughlin." Based

Mouyes.

i don't understand how a player so shit thinks so highly of himself

pretending to be gay is the best form of trash talking

Chad Johnson was an epic shit talker. Total douche.

ah, the Jara method

/thread

i mean blowing kisses and grabbing ass, not fingering

>pretending
May the lord have mercy on his poor sons boypussy.

Tom Brady unfortunately, via many sources

Ice up, son

for me, it's maxresdefault

A literal shitposter. Calls your mother a whore in Finnish, Swedish and English.

I'm surprised no one quoted Zlatan Ibrahimovic already

Luis Suarez

Was just about to post this.

Go ask the mid 90s Knicks about Reggie Miller. He alone blows the fuck out of your argument. He got Jordan so mad he started raging and throwing punches at him.

REGGIE MILLER = GOAT trash talker

Go watch the 30 for 30 "Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs The New York Knicks" that will show you the effects trash talking can have.

Nobody mentioning Chael? His bantz made all of Brazil hate him.

Yo momma has three teeth: one in her mouth and two in her pocket

It's not really effective if no one understands finnglish

>"Who’s guarding me, Chuck? Is anyone guarding me? You better get someone on me or I’m gonna go for 60."

While Rodman was guarding him the entire game, and he scored 59 that night

Yo momma so poor she can't even pay attention

>Bird would ask opponents what the scoring record was at an arena during the game so he could know if he beat it

Why did your single mother give you computer access?

Yo momma so dumb she put lipstick on her forehead so she could make up her mind

t. Never played a sport

Trash talking is how you help develop your rhythm. In many cases, it's just as much about keeping your own head clear and focused as it is about disrupting your opponents'.

Ramnaresh Sarwan was crafting one of his finest knocks, steering his side to the highest successful fourth innings run chase in Test history. With the score at 4-236 in pursuit of 417, McGrath began to lip the 21-year old West Indian following some false strokes. With a humiliating defeat on the cards, McGrath asked Sarwan condescendingly, "What does Brian Lara's d--k taste like?"

"I don't know, ask your wife," Sarwan replied.

McGrath's wife was on her deathbed from breast cancer at the time

Chris Cairns lost his sister to suicide after walking in front of a train and was not-so-subtly sledges with sounds of "Choo Choo" by the Australians at the next cricket world cup

This is the correct answer, yeah. Nobody could do it like Ali.

Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk ass white boy. Come here and tell me that, I'll fuck you in your ass you punk white boy. You faggot. You can't touch me, you're not man enough. I'll eat your asshole alive, you bitch. C'mon anybody in here can't fuck with this. This is the ultimate, man. Fuck you, you ho. Come and say it to my face.... I'll fuck you in the ass in front of everybody. You bitch.... come on, you bitch. You're scared coward, you're not man enough to fuck with me. You can't last two minutes in my world, bitch. Look at you scared now, you ho.... scared like a little white pussy. Scared of the real man. I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!

Yo momma so dumb she was staring at a carton of oj cuz it said "concentrate"

Mourinho

Reggie Miller. He can get into Jordan's head.

t. retarded fucking mutt

McGregor

Is mike gay like in a prison gay kind of way?

>why are basketball fans so obsessed with trash talking?
What makes it more odd, is that the examples of trash talk that is cited is pretty tame

t. Also never played a sport

>hurr amerimuttt
>tf, tp
>ur a faget

No, Sup Forums is shit-tier trash talk

yo momma so fat i had to take a bus to get on her good side

He is right tough.
A lot of people use it as a way to motivate themselves.

>calls someone a faggot
>threatens to eat their asshole and then fuck it
What did he mean by this

t. only played in muttlandia full of niggers with no nerves

>tfw in highschool football our d line would figure out the girlfriends/sisters of the other school's o line and talk shit nonstop

>that one time every season where we'd get one guy to snap and draw personal fouls

Came here to mention Chael.

Also, this ugly motherfucker.

Trash talk works well on reactionary niggers from single mother households; not so much on people from more civilized upbringings.

t. only played in finlandia where nobody is sober enough to actually understand what is being said

t. retarded mutt who isn't capable of focusing on his own performance

t. retarded euromongol who doesn't understand that trash talking is one of a variety of tactics used legitimately to assist in focusing on one's own performance

Laimbeer took pride in being voted the dirtiest player in the league. His strategy was to get players on the other team so angry that they would either foul him and get ejected or be too busy fighting with him to actually play.

One of his most famous moments was getting Robert Parish so angry that he fouled him and knocked Laimbeer out. They had to use smelling salts to wake him up and the minute he did he asked, "Did they throw him out?"

Bonavena

youtube.com/watch?v=hsfhZQMuc5I

t. nigger who is incapable of focusing on his own performance

247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/Tom-Brady-is-the-biggest-trash-talker-on-the-New-England-Patriots--53111494

It's been well reported that he is. One time in practice Vrabel had gotten open and was waving his hand around while saying "I'm open, Tom!" After the play when Vrabel was in the Huddle with Brady, Tom said to him, "Mikey if you ever wave your fucking hands in my face again I will never throw you the ball again! I'm the quarterback! I know who's fucking open!" Needless to say, Vrabel never did it again.

Here's the whole quote: Mike Vrabel, Patriots linebacker, 2001-08: "My indoctrination to the goal-line [offense]: I had maybe caught a couple touchdowns and was feeling pretty good about myself, and we went to practice one day and I broke free on a crossing route or something like that. So I start yelling, 'Tom! Tom! Tom!' and I'm waving my hands. But he doesn't throw it to me. I come back, and we're in the huddle when he says, 'Mikey, if you ever wave your f---in' hands and ask for the ball again, I'll never throw it to you. I know who's open. I'm the quarterback, I'll throw it to whoever the f--- I want!' That was the last time I ever called for the ball."

And here's the article itself has a few more excerpts about Brady.

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20222434/tom-brady-40th-birthday-stories-never-heard-nfl-2017-new-england-patriots

fucking based

Not true, sledging upper middle class white people is the only way I used to win cricket games. Rugby games too I guess, I used to piss off their best player (normally one of their halves since he was dictating the offence) to the point they'd swing at me and get carded.

Talking shit against league teams filled with abos never works because it just makes them play insanely dirty and draws the rest of your team down into the mud with them so no one is getting sent off because everyone is doing dirty shit. In union against posh schools though it fucks with them majorly, they get so mad but never actually do anything about it. They're too bitch made to sort out the cunt being a cunt so they just get out of rhythm.

Gimme a rundown pls

objectively wrong

i mean, just look how easily triggered Sup Forums is

Ayyy

Nobody posting ourguy. Genuinely ashamed sp

It's Muhammad.

I bet his boyfriend loves pulling on those nappy pigtails

This. The eternal GOAT

that just makes it worse, imagine how infuriating it is for a gay effeminate man to trash talk and physically dominate you every play

*misses easy goal in finals*