Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany on Rejecting Hollywood Beauty Standards: 'I Refused to Wax My Mustache'

>Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany on Rejecting Hollywood Beauty Standards: 'I Refused to Wax My Mustache'

>On whether she’s ever been asked to change her physical appearance, Maslany recalls being asked to shave her armpits.

>“And wax my mustache, which I refused to do! I’ll do it if the part calls for it and it makes sense,” says Maslany.

people.com/tv/orphan-black-tatiana-maslany-on-rejecting-hollywood-beauty-standards/

What do you think, Sup Forums? Should more actresses be that brave, or should they shut up and conform to the Hollywood bullshit?

>Maslany recalls being asked to shave her armpits.

How humiliating!

It makes sense in every role for an adult woman to shave her pits.
>Beautiful woman "rejects hollywood beauty standards by not shaving pits"
wow
d

>It makes sense in every role for an adult woman to shave her pits.
Why?

>have normal peach fuzz on your face
>literally cant even see it in extremely high quality photographs
>"omg i am so body positive, i never wax my mustache area, you shouldn't either desu lets go girls"

>meanwhile

Does that mean she doesn't shave her bush either?

Because it is a cultural norm, and to disregard the norm is to make a statement on the norm.

Haha where is that a cultural norm? Unless she's playing a Hollywood actress lol

Well she waxes her arms and legs so...

i have literally never seen a woman with hairy pits you fucking greek wont be long before we breed it out

Could be worse...

armpit general?

so stronk
much resbek

i dont think ive ever seen an attractive girl in my entire life with unshaved armpits.

Women with just a hint of a mustache (dark peach fuzz on the upper lip) and hairy arms are the most attractive in the world to me.

Are there any pics of her with a stache?

I doubt it.

All these women do is just talk about how bad it is that they have to remove every hair from their body but they never go out in public with anything showing.

Peach fuzz does not count as mustache

>that fucking forest

Is this bitch 1/8th sasquatch?

Well, if she doesn't want to, that's up to her. But it's he fault if she's not getting cast, unfortunately

>beautiful woman rejects hollywood beauty standards by being hollywood beautiful but claiming she didnt do things they required but obviously didnt need done as you cant tell she has a fucking mustache in the first place

Too bad most Mediterranean types (Spanish, Italian, Greek, Jewish, Arabic etc.) who would look like that wax it nowadays. It's so stupid.

>Wont shave her arm pits.
>Shaves her pussy hair though.

Shes not "not" shaving her arm pits because "MUH BEAUTY" shes not shaving it because either A, she is fucking lazy or B has a fetish for hairy arm pits.

Aswell.
>Know a woman exactly like this.
>Married.
>She refuses to shave her FUCKING facial hair while on medicine thats causing her to grow a beard.
>She looks like a fucking man.
>Her husband stops going out on dates with her.
>He buys her a fucking razor for Christmas.
>She still refuses to do it.
>He says fuck it, divorces her, wins custody of the kids because she sucks all around.
>Runs around crying to women at work "AM I BEAUTIFUL!"
>They have to lie and fake it.
>She sexually harasses the men there, flirting, trying to get dick, and when she dosent, makes up stories about men hating her.
>Just come right out one day and tell her "SHAVE YOUR FUCKING BEARD AND LOSE WEIGHT!"
>BAWWWWWWW!
She got fired eventually anyway because customers complained about her smelling disgusting.

Men trim their facial hair and groom themselves, so men do have a point when they want a woman who does the same, shave your fucking shit if you got it.

>Ohhh hey stud, I didnt shave my legs, so the hair on my ankles is thicker then the hair around your dick ;D wanna fug.
no way fag.

Damn. What medicine is she taking?

>Men trim their facial hair and groom themselves, so men do have a point when they want a woman who does the same, shave your fucking shit if you got it.

Men don't have to shave if they don't want to and people don't look down on a guy who doesn't shave and judge him because of that.

Why can't women be held to the same lax standards as guys?

Why live?

i made it through 3 seasons, is it any better?

It makes sense in every role for an adult woman to shave her pits.

Even if it's the zombie apocalypse?
Who has time for bathing or shaving while on the run from the undead?

>Men don't have to shave if they don't want to and people don't look down on a guy who doesn't shave and judge him because of that.
>What is the insult neck beard.

Men do get judged based on their beards, you dont see the man with a out of control beard being hailed as "WOW WHAT A GREAT BEARD!" no, he gets called a homeless man.

So men need to, and do, groom, and trim, they shave off the hair along their neck, they trim their beard, or they shave it fully.

>Skinny hipster with a big fucking beard looks dumb.
>Fat fuck with a beard looks dumb as fuck.
The only way to make a beard look right?
>The man must look distinguished, and rugged.

What forest?

She's bald everywhere but her head?

Some kind of hormone medicine, something was wrong with her medically and needed hormones/testosterone to help with it, the side effects was "facial hair" and her husband and family have spent years begging her to shave that shit.

She would whine about having facial hair, but not do anything about it, as if "if I complain enough, it will go away"

Not if they're attractive.

because women arent supposed to be hairy

gender cues 101

Sucks that she's fat.

I'd fuck her if she wasn't.

But humans are mammals, and mammals have hair...

That's like saying dolphins are fish because they live in the ocean.

>women arent supposed to be hairy
women arent supposed to be hairy

>Women for years only have to do one thing to find love, sex, marriage.
>Take care of themselves.

>They get so pampered they reach a point where they dont even do that anymore.
>Have to hold "feel good" parties just to manipulate other people into accepting them.

You know whats funny, while they do this, men are becoming women, and doing a better job of it, even at getting men.

>I am a fat blubber whale with a beard and stink like a rotted fish, you have to love me because I have a vagina.
>WHY ARE YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO ME YOU EVIL CIS GENDERED SHIT LORD! REEEEEEEEEEE!

>WAHHH PEOPLE SHOULDN'T FORCE ME TO MAINTAIN MY FACIAL APPEARANCE!!
>WAAHH SHAVING YOUR PITS IS MISOGYNY!
>Oh but I like shaving my legs because it makes me feel pretty :3

And then
> I’ll do it if the part calls for it and it makes sense
So basically the director has to go
>Hey Tatiana, you're playing a woman who isn't a retard who makes lopsided hypocritical statements through useless obstructionism, so like a normal person
>shave your fucking pits

Bale lost a thousand pounds for a role then regain all of it plus extra weight, but this little princess won't shave her armpits.

>t. shitting street citizens

Did you ever hold a job? If you did, you'd know that if you keep showing up to work with a three day beard looking like a scruffy alkie you'd get your ass canned eventually. The only exception is if you work as a janitor or some other dreg job, then nobody gives a shit (because you're out of sight and out of mind)

>women arent supposed to be hairy
tell that to their bodies which keep growing hair... haha

Your body keeps producing shit too but in civilized societies people are taught to wipe their ass

All men should stop shaving their pubic hair and washing their dicks to go against the unfair Hollywood norms. Maybe this bitch will change her mind when she has a mouth full of smegma and pubes.

>>Sucks that she's fat.
>
>I'd fuck her if she wasn't.
More for me then! give me her number please.

gosh that's the most ridiculous false equivalence i've ever seen!

Who is that qt?

That's going a bit overboard, but I love that thin layer of peach fuzz all over a woman's body. Waxing is so unaesthetic.

yes?

>tfw a womyn can grow a better beard than i

>I'll do it if the part calls for it and it makes sense
i.e. pls don't fire me I'll do anything I don't actually have any convictions!

Look at the shit spilling out from under her arm. It looks like she has Groucho Marx in a headlock.

what about girls with stomach hair?

>very attractive rich female celebrity that could get almost any and anyone she wanted
>says she won't do something that will make her slightly more attractive
>even though by not doing it she doesn't risk losing anything at all
>nor will any reasonable (or even just plain thirsty) guy not fuck her
>while living in a society that says that women can do no wrong

Wow, Rosa Parks get the fuck off the bus. We've got a real brave one here.

Call me back when Emma Watson or Katy Perry starts up some "controversial" story about how guys with back hair, a receding hairline and a pot belly should get more of a chance at the meat market.

The hairier the better.

what if it was as hairy as a dogs belly?

They're called Greeks.

wow that show is still alive
I remember the mess they made in season 3 with that ugly faggot clone
Didn't think that abomination will last so long

Male clone

>slavshitter

Why are all the talented ones fucking crazy?

I assume this is one of those clickbate-effect articles. You know how any celebrity says something stupid during an interview as a joke, or offhandedly and then these TMZ-style piece of shit websites write it up like that celebrity was taking a stand or some shit? Like this issue is life-or-death for them?

She is willing to shave her eyebrows to the desired size and shape but not her mustache or pits? I don't really care, but why do the eyebrows and refuse to do anything else?

Nasty, looks like lunchmeat.

She'd look better with natural eyebrows too.

There is no logic involved only emotion.
Much like Sup Forums.

time to fap

To what exactly?