Anyone else disappointed by the way JK Rowling acts on twitter?

Anyone else disappointed by the way JK Rowling acts on twitter?

When I read the books as a kid, I always assumed JK Rowling was like Dumbledore. I thought she would be this like kind and wise parental figure. But instead she spends her time being petty and throwing her weight around with trolls. She seems to have no awareness that she has 10 million twitter followers, whereas Dumbledore would have been mindful of what it meant to have power.

Anyone else feel this way?

Anyway, Harry Potter thread.

Dude she called a teenage boy a sad virgin. She's a huge cunt that believes herself superior.

Try you fucking reject

she became a billionaire from churning out trash for 5 year olds, that makes her superior, but yes, still a cunt.

im more disappointed by the fact that she thinks she an artist after creating the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody; just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I feel the same way.

I used to want to make love to her. Now I just want to hatefuck her.

you and your ilk are very fastidious when it comes to posting this

>Dumbledore is gay
>Hermione is black
>Weasleys are trans
>Harry doesn't end up with Luna
>he ends up with a blacked ginger cunt

Just another rich idiot, with a huge chip on her shoulder when it comes to men.

> Read the books as a kid, enjoyed them a lot, developed an adult brain, felt no need to return to them, watched fantastic beasts as she wrote the script and was intrigued. It sucked

Not at all, I wish there were more old lady celebs on Twitter they are the best.

Twitter is just about the worst medium for getting your thoughts across, and the fact that it's become such an entrenched part of our culture is fucking disgusting.

never meet your heroes they always say. I feel the same was about her but i'd think she would be better than that.

You sound like a fanfiction writer.

>Anyone else disappointed by the way JK Rowling acts on twitter?
I'm disappointed how every-fucking-body acts on twitter. Everyone has free reign to run their mouth like assholes 24/7.

Normally we all will occasionally say something retarded, realize our fuck up awhile later, then move on. Twitter for people who can't help themselves but tweet exactly what they're thinking at that moment just makes sure people being retarded is preserved for an incredibly long fucking time, and the person being retarded doubles down instead of self-reflecting and moving on.

did she let the poor ahmeds take refuge in her mansion yet

>tfw really don't get this "I must tell everyone what I am doing or thinking at every possible minute" culture

The irony is that she has become Rita Skeeter and doesn't even see it

>THE BOY WHO LIVED IS A FASCIST??? THINKS IT'S EDGY???

Exactly this. Social media encourages people to post quickly and without thinking, and then leaves a record that hangs around your head even if you've changed. People are basically creating an irreversible record of their worst selves.

>multimillionaire who lives in a 99.9% white, gated neighborhood in a mansion surrounded by huge walls and security lectures the lowly goyim why they need to open up their borders and accept diversity

Really gets the neurons firing

Dumb question: What the fuck is Twitter anyway? What does Twitter do that Facebook doesn't already do, in addition to having dozens more social tools to use?

>For those who think fascism is an edgy accessory

...like David Bowie?

I guess it's more easily consumable and streamlined? It's because Twitter is so simple that it's so successful. Plus it thrives on controversy. Though I'm pretty sure as a business it's not actually profitable, it's just a free and easy way for a bunch of corporations to shill their products.

>Dumbledore.
>wise parental figure.

You mean the dude who has no answers to anything and can't formulate a single plan that doesn't involve or will at least prevent children endangering themselves?

i click on this thread only for that post

Dubs of glory.

Lmao the virgins on this board are still salty

She's better than trump

Literally all you assholes do all day is the same thing here
The fucking irony

>She's better than trump
Then why did you vote for her, Z?

Sup Forums was so assblasted that day they couldn't handle the bantz

I mean, she's not wrong.

>this post
Autistic virgin detected

bitch seems to get off of virtue signalling

That's your average woman.

1 am on a monday night, Z? Are you a neet?

Everyone on Sup Forums-Sup Forums gets off on virtue signaling. This thread is created as such.

I hope grindelwald rapes newt in the next film.

>t. Pic related

Back to Plebbit faggot

I voted for trump ya dumb slut doesn't mean I like his tweets

Man, these people are ridiculous.

There's disgusting faggots on both "sides" of this debacle. Obnoxious mindless twats who just attach themselves to trendy movements and let themselves be brainwashed by memes.

>implying you wouldn't fug the shit out of her

What's she responding to?

Can't see it -- has she deleted it?

Feels like every board is polluted by culture war shit nowadays.

Before her Harry potter fame, she was the stereotypical degenerate single mother living on welfare with an Arts degree. What did you expect shed be like in real life?

god damn that's nasty

She's one of the most annoying celebrity liberals around from the uk. The other being Charlotte Church.

She has way more money than you and her tits are better than most women her age. How can you compete?

Probably not and someone who didn't realize harry potter is slightly dystopiam amd political was questioning why she should voice her opinoon because she wrote about magic or something like "wrote about people turning things into toads"

>Virgin frogposters

*Sigh*

I don't associate my posts with my real name. They disappear into a void.

Imagine her straddling your body, nude, and pissing on you.

>Literally all you assholes do all day is the same thing here
>The fucking irony

>There's no difference between an anonymous message board in a corner of the internet and having an audience of millions.

I've learned to ignore celebrities on twitter. It ruins them for me

We do it anonymously, so only the nose knows.

Would you, Sup Forums?

No there isn't because she isnt being contrarian ;^)

Getting upset at her is tumblr tiwer

Dumbledore was literally a wizard Stormfronter when he was young lmao, no wonder you look up to him.

Literally no curves. HOW

Twitter is where you go if you want to lose all respect for people you admire and look up too.

That's quite clearly a different person altogether.

>everyone who publicly holds an opinion that doesn't align with my own is virtue signalling
Hot, SPICY meme.

I want to cum in her

I had to unfollow about 20 hot actresses after Trump won the elections from Instagram.

It got nauseating.

not that user if you're trying to sell a product it's best to stay as politically neutral as possible, if you never make your opinions public you'll never offend or piss anyone off and have a bigger customer base

these celebs, game developers, writers etc are bad at business and need to just be quiet, pandering to any political group left or right hurts sales

It's one thing to hold an opinion, it's quite another to throw that opinion out at any opportunity you get.
Especially when, as mentioned in the thread, you're an international celebrity billionaire and you're targeting people nobody listens to anyway.

By having a penis.

All the money in the world doesn't beat that

>expecting someone famous or successful to be any different than any other random person

why

Not even with your dick user.

when you read something written by a person it starts to feel like you know them a little. it's weird when that image then gets shattered