SUICIDE SQUAD Is The DCEU's Most Profitable Film Ever

>DC's Suicide Squad may have not been a hit with critics, but audiences seemed to love it as it went on to gross over $700 million worldwide. The profit a movie studio makes from a blockbuster depends on a variety of things. Deadline Hollywood has studied the numbers from industry insiders to find out the exact profit that Suicide Squad made.

>The film ended up grossing a whopping $325 million domestic and $745 million worldwide. From that, the studio will pocket $329.50 million. In addition, the movie earned the studio another $288.80 million from Home Entertainment and Television Revenue. This brings Suicide Squad on overall revenue of $618.30 million.

>How much did the film cost? It had a production cost of $175 million, and another $156 million was spent on marketing. Add in $40 million from video release and another $88.85 million in fees to the actors and producers. Suicide Squad had total cost of $459.85 million. In comparison, Batman v Superman cost the studio $575 millon and Guardians of the Galaxy cost Disney $520.28 million.

>Using basic subtraction, Deadline came up with the total profit of Suicide Squad: $158.95 million. That means the movie is the most profitable film in the DCEU.

>there are people who honestly believe DC is somehow flopping and failing

Say it with me, MCUcks BTFO!

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/08/suicide-squad-weekend-box-office-opening-will-smith-margot-robbie-1201799046/
denofgeek.com/us/movies/suicide-squad/257556/suicide-squad-needs-750-million-800-million-to-break-even
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DChads rejoice, the DCEU is here to stay

Kek at the marlelfag who deleted his comment. Name a bigger just than the MCU right now

Protip: you cant

And this was without China. Not bad.

How are we so lucky to be graced with his birth lads?

I understand he didn't direct SS but point remains

Let's be real here. This was because of Harley Quinn. Now imagine the numbers Gotham City Sirens will do. Teen and college girls will be going in packs.

I think he was the producer though.

HOL UP

...you sayin we sum kinda....Academy Award winning, profitable, Success Squad?

He directed the Captain Boomerang/Flash scene.

That was a super cringe post, he really let his inner Marlelcuck out.

What did he say?

HOLY SHIT, spit out my fucking drink. Kevin Fagie BTFO

I'm sorry to say that I contributed to this movie's profits. It was a real fucking heap of shit that I paid to watch.

reminder that dcucks are black people and hispanics

deadline.com/2016/08/suicide-squad-weekend-box-office-opening-will-smith-margot-robbie-1201799046/

>Also per PostTrak, the combination of African American and Hispanic moviegoers made up a huge 41% of the audience with both audiences giving the film a whopping 81% positive score.

>Suicide Squad has a 73% total positive score

>SUICIDE SQUAD Is The DCEU's Most Profitable Film Ever
Oh for fuck's sake...
This better not give WB any ideas, because I actually want this DC movie universe thing to work, and they're fucking it up so far.

its working just fine retard, can you read?

Making bank and winning awards, sounds like its working to me.

>This better not give WB any ideas

did you not hear the justice league trailer music?

>It had a production cost of $175 million
>Deadline came up with the total profit of Suicide Squad: $158.95 million.

I have never understood this manner of calculating profit.

Are the production costs not considered profit for those people who worked on the project and were paid for it? For instance the production costs includes the actor's wages for appearing in the movie. For the actor this is profit. Profit from the movie.

I don't care whether it's doing financially well, I want it to actually be good. I'm selfish like that.

>DC reacts to BvS shitstorm by making SS closer to MCU in tone
>ends up being its most profitable movie
>DCucks fail to recognize the irony

>DC decides to give the Marvel approach of pandering to the lowest common denominator a shot
>they do it more successfully than Marvel on their very first try
Really makes you think.

MCUcks BTFO again top fucking kek

So what you're saying is DC beat Marvel at their own game? on their first try.

apparently you don't seem to realize that being their most profitable movie doesn't mean that they make more than movies like avengers

>MCU tears taste damn good...

Should've put a jar of piss in, then it would have made even more money

>most profitable movie
>barely makes more than doctor strange

Civil War numbers will be coming up soon

suicide squad was #10 for most profitable of 2016 and doctor strange was #11

batman v superman was #13

Deadpool will probably be #1 for all of 2016

>i'm fucking retarded and thought that it was more profitable than any marvel movie
>uhh uhh uhh
>oscars
>heh memes

where is that Doctor strange visual effects oscar at bro?

The impact of this movie was surreal.

Every underaged teen's inner slut was brought out by Harley Quinn. Not to mention that most of them loved the abusive part of Joker.

Literally everyone and their grandmas were Harley Quinn on Halloween.

The songs/soundtrack were like on an infinite loop during and after it's release.

It anything it just proves that critics and normies dont mesh well this [current year]

>they do it more successfully

Profit was never mentioned once by that user retard

>The profits of DCs most successful movie aren't even enough to fund another movie

Really activates my kyber crystal.

Well I am sure a lot of people would pay to see Margot in a slutty costume

>retard doesn't konw that the OPs post is FUCKING FROM DEADLINE

>THIS THREAD WAS STARTED ABOUT PROFIT

fucking retard

>mfw squad 2

Im ready

Dont move goalposts cuz ur getting shamed. The post you were replying to said DC did it more successfully. Without even really trying. how so? it won them an oscar. Thus the comment wasnt false in anyway.

Admit it and stop embarrassing yourself marveldrone.

Your million profit will last for couple years in Hollywood and your piece of shit art will be remember as a piece of shit eternity.

Imagine being this anally ravaged holy shit!!

That really is why though, isn't it? I don't know that I've ever been more attracted to anyone, ever, than I am to Margot Robbie in that costume. I've spent so much precious time looking at stills of her in the movie.

Will there be a sequel?

>over double the profit of DC's most profitable film ever

>casting 3 white females as lead this 2017
Needs a POC or a borderline whitey.

and an Academy Award at that!!!!

Dude that's like basic math. That's the profit left after you subtract every expense. The making of the movie cost is not the only expense. Expenses are not profit, you can't use that money because it is already used.

>people still deny the power of meme marketing
Just look at deadpool as another example
MEMES FUCKING SELL

The actors salary was already on the budget of the movie, it didn't matter how much the movie made, they always get paid. In their bank balance their wage sure is a profit, an active for their services, but in the studio's bank balance wages are a passive, so an expense.

How will AVClub ever recover?! Seriously, they must be slitting their wrists as we speak! Not even funposting, those kids were the most legitimately triggered as you could get.

this, i want to know.

>Shit
>Ravenous fanbase of dumb teenage girls
>Makes a lot of money
>Hot Topic
Literally the twilight of capeshit/the modern twilight saga

>you see the blurry shape of your family crying around you
>your little grandkids hardly get what's happening
>a tear flows down the side of your face onto the hospital bed's pillow
>you can't even move your face muscles to cry
>the colors of the hospital room soften and get dimmer until all you see is black
>you feel yourself but you're not standing anywhere, you still hear muffled echos of your family's cries
>suddenly St. Peter appears from the darkness radiating in heavenly light
>"Ministrantibus autem illis Domino, qui bene vitam mihi sicut pagani non peribit in dulci somno peccati salutaveritis Filium suum reditum usque volunt", he says
>Those who've served The Lord well in life shall not perish like pagans who lived in sin but shall greet sweet slumber as they wish until His Son's return
>He fades out
>I hear the tapping of wood in the distance along with a familiar laugh
>"Ya thought you'd leave without a present, pumpkin?" her thick Boston accent says before a pop of chewing gum
>You suddenly feel yourself sat, your arms tied to those of the invisible chair
>You don't struggle, you know what's coming
>You hear the upward whoosh of Harley Quinn's baseball bat you look up, spread your legs and whisper: "Thank you, God"
>You quiver as the pain from Harley's bat spreads from your balls through your bones
>You can see only her in full Suicide Squad (2016) outfit, mascara smear and all
>One hit then another and another one after that
>"Awww. Are you hurt, pumpkin?", she bites her apple-red lips
>"Nnh-nhmmm", you grunt
>"I got somethin' to fix that for ya!"
>she swings the back and holds it horizontally against her back and raises her high-heeled boots
>"N-no. No! Please"
>She widens her eyes and nods while licking upper teeth, "uuuh huh!"
>"NO, god please! N-"
>*THHHUMP*
>You're crying and laughing at the same time
>"Thhhhank you"
>You hear a faint beep of your heart monitor as Harley fades away and you feel non-existence settling in
>You smile

But making meme's is fucking difficult actually.

>>How much did the film cost? It had a production cost of $175 million, and another $156 million was spent on marketing. Add in $40 million from video release and another $88.85 million in fees to the actors and producers.

N-No! this can't be right! Marvel bros told me that SS needed 999 sextillion dollars to break even for just marketing alone!

>barely makes more than doctor strange
Dr. Strange had a china release where SS couldn't have released. Dr Strange had a head with roller skates and SS beat it running sandals

>m-muh hot topic
Cuz Sheldon graphic tees are totally "scene" right?

Top Kek, savage

I unironically enjoyed watching this movie, it wasnt great but i'd rate it a 7/10

this, i had a good time desu senpai

But the studio is made up of the people who got paid to work on the movie.

I feel like this is more of the bullshit "corporations are considered a person on their own" type of logic.

mcu on suicide watch

BTFO

Is this a surprise? Everyone already knew it was more successful than MoS and BvS

saw the extended version the other day and i expected much worse. it's enjoyable and stupid. just turn your brain off stupid.

you mean dick?

OwO whats this

wow, what a big profit you have!

>Guardians of the Galaxy cost Disney $520.28 million
how?

Licensing all those songs

its not their songs tho...

Buying licenses to all those songs then, I said it wrong

>Guardians of the Galaxy cost Disney $520.28 million
>silent hit that everybody expected to flop
>spent almost the same money than BvS
TOP WEW

>makes the same money without China
>market by market SS obliterates Doctor Strage
>success!

It wasn't good. It wasn't good in any sensible way. I can't think about 1 second of the movie which is not horrible illogical mess. Last 30 minutes were power rangers at their best. Marvel shit is simple, but at least it tries to be comprehensive. Ayer should hang himself after that disgrace, he failed as a director on a basic technical level.

>tfw I remember the MCUcks saying that SS needed 1billion gojira dollars just to break even.

So this is confirmed bullshit
denofgeek.com/us/movies/suicide-squad/257556/suicide-squad-needs-750-million-800-million-to-break-even
The smear campaign is confirmed real. What now?

>$288.80 million from Home Entertainment and Television Revenue
Literally all DCEU movies are absolute hits in video sales. It's amazing. They have three out three hits so far with BvS outgrossing Civil War in that market. The power of making movies people still remember when the bluray comes out I guess

holy shit...wtf is this shit? whats wrong with people? Is this what passes for "credible" reporting? Denofgeek should be getting panned for shit like this

>but audiences seemed to love it as it went on to gross over $700 million worldwide.

I'm sure they went in loving the idea of enjoying the movie then left with regret.

It's based on a hollywood reporter piece, based on an ((((anonymous source)))). Just like when they said that SS had gone through massive reshoots and Ayer confirmed they were photography reshoots scheduled in advance. They also said WB was freaking out because the JL trailer was a mess and it has already BTFO GotG2 trailer in two days. Smear campaign

Why is harley next to will smith dick?

DChad here. This movie is dogshit.

We're living in real time fucken weird alternate timeline when pic related was the best actor in a movie.

it had less drops each week than mos and bvs

This, I like marvel shills getting BTFO but I wish BvS was the objectively succesful movie. They deserved the oscar though

nice falseflagging MCUcks

keep trying

If that were true, word of mouth would have killed the movie's momentum.

Sorry, mouseketeer. At least you have that oscar--OH WAIT.

Nah. I loved MoS and BvS extended. Suicide Squad is just fucking awful

>he's still going

You are fooling any Pajeet. Your disguise is flimsy as fuck and its embarrassing

This is obnoxious and stupid, you're embarrassing for DC fans in this board and the reason we get mocked.

Kek we believe you ;)

>we

But I love BvS more than you, I've watched it like 10 times

>we

god youre so bad at this. what is the fucking hiring process like?

DCEU tRAIN FULL GO

Someone be honest with me....is there any stopping dceu? Or is marlel truly domed?

Let's not forget that Oscar.

>59% Whites
But that is the current demographic of whites America.