Just finished first episode. Pretty standard. Not bad as people are saying

Just finished first episode. Pretty standard. Not bad as people are saying.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1QvuHSslKjY
youtube.com/watch?v=dPj-7oorpnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, currently watching episode 12. It's not good by any means, but its alright to have on in the background while doing something else.

I don't see how this is really any worse than something like luge Cage or Jessica Jones.

That's what I'm saying. It's pretty average. I'm not blown away. But I'd never call it horrendous like seems to be the current popular opinion. Why are people saying this is the worst show in the world?

Honestly, I'm not a Sup Forumstard or anything by any means, but it seems to have a lot to do with 'muh cultural appropriation'. This honestly seems to be the biggest complaint from mainstream media commentators. Does the show have shortcomings? Of course it does, the plot is muddled, the fight scenes are disorienting and unexciting, and Jones has all the charisma of a blanched potato. But it's not close to even being the worst thing in the MCU. In my humble opinion, It's on about the same par as Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

But of course both those shows featured 'minorities' and thus get a pass to be considered the greatest things ever.

Why do identity politics have to leak their way into everything I enjoy? First video games which I hardly play anymore and now tv and movies... it's really annoying.

>This honestly seems to be the biggest complaint from mainstream media commentators.
Dr. Strange did the same thing and people still loved it.

>Of course it does, the plot is muddled, the fight scenes are disorienting and unexciting, and Jones has all the charisma of a blanched potato.
This is what most people are having problems with, not because of "muh cultural appropriation". The fact that people even bring up Batman Begins as a comparison of how to do it right shows that they don't care as long as it's good (which it isn't).

It's about on the same level as Luke Cage.
The atmosphere and theme isn't as strong - it's a rather bland show and nothing really stands out. It could have used some better fight scenes or more focus on his various fighting styles or something.
On the other hand, it had some interesting villains - a thing that Luke Cage really needed.

The ending wasn't great and some of the actions of the characters in the last episode was pretty weird. It's the weakest of four shows, but it's not horrible.

It reminds me of Kung Pow, and it's hilarious if you don't take it seriously, and realize that Danny is completely incompetent.

identity politics have nothing to do with it, the show is bad. if anything, the people defending it are using identity politics to do so.

>"straight white male protag makes it good! fuck u ess jay doubleyous!"

luke cage and jessica jones were both genuinely better shows

here's a protip for you redditshits:
you don't understand that your opinions are garbage because it is your own, and since you are oblivious to things such as reflection, logic, and elements of storytelling in various mediums, this is why you are ridiculed by everyone.

IF you could grasp logic, you would see the fallacy in your "well I like it therefore it can't be bad" thinking.

p.s. kill yourself

Who /ward/ here?

Literally watching episode 12 now and while I think it's better than the critical reception, everything but Ward is pretty bad. I just watched Rand act like a petulant child and get huffy.

That asian bitch wouldn't kill the guy and said, verbatim, 'if we kill him, we are as bad as him'

holy shit I hate this show.

Why are you so bitchy right now?

Do people not like this show? I haven't seen any other Marvel TV project, but Iron Fist was good. It had skilled action performances and a surprisingly complex set of characters. I really didn't expect any of the plot twists or shifts in loyalty by the main casts. The Meachum family and Hand guys made great villains

unironically the best part of the show. good actor and a very conflicted character. too bad the rest of the show has no fucking identity. iron fist was by far the weakest character in "iron fist"

Exactly! I was thining about posting a thread saying exactly that. He is too good for the show, the guy was great in Banshee too

the meachum conflict was by far the best aspect of this series.

never seen banshee. first i time i see this guy but i hope he gets more meaningful roles. he was this show's saving grace. dude got range.

He played a reformed nazi who gets a job as a sheriff. If you want fun, brutal action, in a show that doesn't take itself too seriously, watch Banshee. season 3 is some of the greatest action on tv in years.

dad is better but hes in second place.

noted. now that i know homeboy is on the show, i'll give it a try.

>Dr. Strange did the same thing and people still loved it.

Tilda Swinton can do no wrong in the SJW's eyes.

>iron fist was by far the weakest character in "iron fist"

same way with Marco Polo.

>dat scene in the archives room. wew. hot garbage
the editor should be shot. worst fucking editing i've seen in quite a while. who got that atrocious webm?

if anything, the problem is that it doesn't get better.

I'm sure you'll agree that while it's not bad, it isn't great either, well the rest of the show is similar too. The twists come late or some threads are not fully developed, etc.

Also, I just found out Joy is the chick from 90210. Ok, so she was pretty qt back then, and she still looks good now, but if anything my first impression would be to add "for her age". Just how badly did she age ffs? she must not be over 30 sheesh

He comes in in season or at the end of season 2. Definitely recommend it.

youtube.com/watch?v=1QvuHSslKjY

More like women can do no wrong unless of course that woman doesn't think correctly, then it's internalized misogyny

really turned me off how they knocked off daredevil's ink-styled intro.

Daredevil's intro is about how every great human accomplishment is literally drenched in blood. It cost and those sacrifices mattered and gave us what we have.

iron fist's intro is a shitty cgi dude punching and kicking nothing

the shows nothing special, just like daredevil though.

this. There were a few ameliorating factors for Dr. Strange. The ancient one was asian but also a man, so it was changed to a woman to shut the trap of SJW's, that worked.

But for normal people it was the fact that they were somewhat upfront about them selling out to China. Seriously most people that I knew that knew about the whole fiasco just didn't give a shit. And the movie staff straight up would just say "it was to get the film into China"

Op here

Finished episode 2. Still nothing I'd consider atrocious. I think it was silly how his inability to use his iron fist thing was supposedly because his chi was disrupted by the drugs. But then he's high as fuck when he finally uses it? Eh

Stupid. But Not worse than a 6/10 so far in my opinion.

I think the implication is he got some outside help, hence the bird.

I also think what triggered people so hard is the show starts off as rich-white-boy is upset hes not literally given everything right off the bat isn't that horrible???

Nothing interesting happens until episode 8

It never falls below or rises above average.

To me he just seemed like a disoriented homeless man at first. I didn't know anything about this guy and it seemed completely reasonable considering how he was acting that he was being thrown out of places and not taken seriously. He wore his shit/piss covered pajamas the entire first episode which was enough for me to understand the POV of the douchebag bad guy.

There's a lot of contradiction with his abilities and monk shit. He preaches one thing, does another all the time. He'll talk about remaining calm and following the way, then he'll lose his shit and not follow the way. It does get annoying after the 10th time. The writing is very inconsistent in that sense.

it just means he had the determination to focus for a little bit. Standard action movie tropes really.

He looked like the bog standard trust-fund-kid backpacking hipster to me.

just wait till you finish it.

spoilers:

>danny rand accomplishes literally nothing the whole season
>ward is literally a faggot the whole season
>madam gao literally does nothing wrong the whole season
>chemist dudes daughter is saved and then never talked about again the whole season
>davos is the only rational guy and gets rightfully pissed that danny is iron fist because he's a massive faggot
>harold meachum comes out of hiding after fucking danny over for some strange fucking reason, even though the hand is still fucking operational and madam gao is still perfectly fine
>the whole heroin sub plot is never actually finished, they just state in a later episode that it was "taken care of" even thought danny never actually finished setting it on fire and destroying it
>danny gets fucking SHOT IN THE HAND
>bakuto makes it known that there are different sects of the hand, that follow different principles, or so he says, doesn't like gao for whatever reason, holds her prisoner, for no reason, then tries to take over as leader of the hand, even though she was never leader of the hand to begin with
>teaches danny how to use iron fist techniques that even danny didn't know
>gets stabbed in the heart right where john wick 2 ends, then disappears, and there's no resolution about that and completely ignored the rest of the season
>wards hallucinations of his father are never explained
fuck am i missing anything. jesus fucking christ.

Yeah I can agree. I still think if I were a big-wig i'd order my goons to throw him out. If he's so tenacious i'd probably at least talk to him over tea but the guy is supposed to be an asshole so I guess it works enough.

>he's a Davos apologist
Stopped reading there.
Davos is a jealous little cunt.

maybe
>fight choreography is atrocious
>literally quality shoots all over the place depending on whos fighting
>finn jones is the worst out of everyone fighting or even doing basic shit that he's supposed to LOOK like he knows what he's doing

He is jealous because he's the only fucking guy trying to protect KUN LUN LIKE HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DOING

DANNY EVEN COMES BACK TO FIND THAT KUN LUN IS GONE AND THE HAND WAS ALREADY THERE TRYING TO FUCK SHIT UP

DAVOS DID NOTHING WRONG, AND WAS RIGHT

Davos could have stayed behind and protected kun lun himself.

Davos and Danny are like parents who leave a baby in the back seat of their car and go to work.

***SPOILERS*****

Davos actually sells out Kun Lun to the Hand and in the end the Hand goes back to the Himalayas and kills all of Kun Lun's people and burn the mother down.

this was the worst of the netflix marvel shows.
danny is boring with no charisma. the budget is limited so his glow hand was used sparringly- and they reference his plane crash and mystical training, but never show it so really wtf actually happened while he was gone?

plus wtf is his purpose on the defenders? daredevil could kick his ass, luke cage doesnt need any help and jessica is far stronger than him. what does he add beyond his stupid jew hair?

This. He was getting his ass kicked left and right by people he had no right even getting scratched by. Dd could fuck his ass up.

>really turned me off how they knocked off daredevil's ink-styled intro.

Street Fighter was what I thought of first - youtube.com/watch?v=dPj-7oorpnc

I liked that they weren't autistic about the origin story or superpowers. I'm not into comics or capeshit movies, and this show just had a simple premise that was explained early, then explored as it went forward.

>daredevil could kick his ass, luke cage doesnt need any help and jessica is far stronger than him. what does he add beyond his stupid jew hair?
Who fucking cares? You sound like a child.

>plus wtf is his purpose on the defenders?
Apparently, The Defenders will be going up against something Danny knows a lot about so he's like the catalyst for everything to fall into place