JUST

JUST

why didnt you post the international gross? movies like this are made for an international audience rather than domestic.

Don't worry m8, all of that Krispy Kreme money should soften the blow.

>made 40% of it´s budget in 2 days.

Where is the JUST here?

>implying krispy kreme didn't pay for most of it

other 60% was probably paid for by krispe kreme

There you go. It's even worse.

Reminder
>budget + marketing = movie's actual cost
>theaters keep half the box office
>a movie needs to make twice as much as its budget to not flop

Umm try again sweetie. Following that logic, Ghostbusters was a flop too.

Former theater manager here, that's a myth. On opening weekend, if you pay $10 for a ticket, roughly $9.17 goes back to the studio and distributors. For every week the movie is still in theaters, the theaters get an increasingly higher share of that $10.

It's a big reason the window between theatrical and home releases has been shrinking so much in recent years, eventually Hollywood wants to cut out the middleman as much as possible and just charge people to stream their content at a crazy upcharge.

>Going full diversity didn't improve the boxoffice.

Why don't more people who are in favour of diversity in movies go and watch it?

Source

>4 days, not released everywhere yet
>HAHAHAHAHAHA only 40 million for a budget of 100!

Has there been a webm or gif of Elizabeth Banks eating the donut? I need it for reasons.

theaters make money off selling food not tickets

Remakes are finally losing steam again. Thank fuck.

uh...you do know beauty and the beast just made hella skrilla, right?

SJW are just a scandalous bunch, same with those who bother to pay much attention to them.

>Theaters treat customers like shit for decades
>We're meant to feel sorry for them

>full diversity

>original team: 3 whites, 1 asian, 1 black
>new team: 2 whites, 1 asian, 1 black, 1 mexican who also might be gay but it's never actually stated

Yeah man, it's all otherkin and attack helicopters.

Power Rangers wasn't stupidly over budget. 200 million should put it decently in the black, and it's already 1/4th of the way there after three days.

I could easily see it turning out to be a moderate success, it just needs to have legs that get it through another week.

>theatre keeps half the box office
Nope. Heres a Harry Potter P&L Sheet. Distribution holds around a third of the box office. Theres also interest on the loan from the production budget

it'll open in japan and make its money back. dont worry, there will be a part 2 with a female green ranger

you know theaters get to keep at least half the ticket price, right?

It's pretty standard rule of thumb that a movie needs to pull at least twice its budget to be in the clear. Factoring in marketing and the box office cut.

As is, Power Rangers was only 100 mil (yeah, fucking only lol), so unlike those 250 million dollar behemoths, it doesn't have to shoot that high.

What's wrong sweetie? :)

Does Japan like Power Rangers? I always imagined they would look down on it as some cheap American knock-off of their Sentai stuff, which it technically always was.

They dubbed and aired the show for years. It wasn't a huge thing there, but it was a thing. Certain seasons even proved decently popular.

Shit, in Korea of all places, the recent season, Dino Charge, was so popular, that they're making a Korean only sequel.

I read the highlighted part as "white power rangers"

>All the paid shilling on Sup Forums was for nothing
I hope several Japanese businessmen commit sudoku over this

Your shitting me

Power Rangers is a very strong international brand. It could recoup all its money in China.

T H I S

Fuck power Rangers and fuck the shills.

It hasn't been released in any Asian countries yet from the looks of things.

>Power Rangers is a very strong international brand

u wot

I can't think of anyone but Japan and they would almost certainly hate this because it's a reboot of a recut localization of Super Sentai.

The three thirds rule brehs:
>First third of the gross = production
>Second third of the gross = marketing
>Third third of the gross = theaters and distribution
Give or take, that's the rule to know if a movie has done well or not. Big studios ddistribute their own movies so the last third is all profit for them too

Power Rangers is the name most countries know outside of Japan. Even in places where they just dub the sentai, it's still often called Power Rangers due to licensing shenanigans. Japan also doesn't hate the American version. Shit, some of guys have worked on both sentai /and/ PR.

I'm not your sweetie, honey.

>Going full diversity
Did you even watch the original show, cockface?

I'm not your honey, guy.

Who was your favorite part ranger movie guy So? Mine was geoooooorge ranger. He's ima sniff all this crack and I'm look to the side at my brother and he like sheeeet boi!

Grow up.

>$59 million worldwide
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, this is the episode where Rita is so hilariously petty that her evil plan is to smash Kimberly's float.

Skull is the most /fa/ nigga to have ever walked the Earth.

58% of it's production budget in it's first weekend is pretty good, user.

Gold ranger, red ranger, blue ranger green ranger green, cooking up dope with a megastore

Live action adaptations of animated films isn't really the same thing.

Oh it's a the Zack same thing

>It could recoup all its money in China.

It's not getting a mainland release, only in HK.

Opened in Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, and the Philippines along with Hong Kong. Only other Asian countries left are Japan and South Korea. Saban better hope slavs like their toku.

>It's not getting a mainland release, only in HK.

What the fuck? How did that happen? You gotta get China with these types of films.

are you retarded? Power Rangers isn't a remake either, it's an adaptation, just like Beauty and the Beast. Stupid dumb nigger.