>wake up at 4 am
>jump in freezing pool and swim hard for 3 hrs
>do dryland/weight training for 1 hr
>come back in the evening
>swim hard for another 5 miles
>rinse and repeat
>strict diet
>no offseason

What's the hardest Sup Forumsort? And why is it swimming?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CQlatm6yAzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SEGIyL_WoBk
youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo&t=25s
bleacherreport.com/articles/2530308-exploring-the-strange-history-of-pro-wrestlers-battling-bears
theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/05/canada-black-bear-boxer-punch-sudbury
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Women's Gymnastics
>Go do routine
>Throw out hip
>Get raped by physical therapist

You forgot
>become cockguzzling cumdumpster turbo thot

Swimming is aerobically difficult. You cannot argue against this.
But there is no contact. No defenders. No real strategy where you have to react to the opponent's adjustments.
No one punches you in the face or hits you, nobody blocks your shot or whacks you with a stick or gets in your head.
Individual sports cannot be the "hardest sport."

Boxing and it's not even close.

>Swimming
>Strict diet
You literally eat everything you see to avoid becoming a spooky skellies. Phelps was eating like five times the calories of the average Joe and still looks ten percent body fat. You just carboload all day every day.

Don't forget
>tear off your hymen 1 month in, fail at explaining to boyfriend

The hardest thing about swimming, having done it, is the crushing boredom of staring at a black line for hours on end. It is just relentlessly boring to train swimming. That and trying not to get a boner from the Qt swimming breaststroke in front of you.

It's Boxing

The answer is Crew. The lactic acid buildup is super painful. If you want to know how hard it is, try to do a 2k on an erg (rowing machine) while keeping pace at around 1:35 (this is called a split).

MMA is objectively the hardest sport because besides the training, you have to counter someone who's trying to knock you out or submit you.

>The lactic acid buildup is super painful
You must know how much of a pussy you sound like to anyone that's ever participated in an actual combat sport right?

>the lactic acid buildup is super painful

doesn't that apply to like 90% of sports?

Swimming is hard but there's no way the pool isn't heated.

not really you can be really successful at MMA with shit stamina, most other sports at least require you to be in good shape first

>Swimming
>Sport

Wrestling is probably the toughest for mid level athletes. I.e. Highschool college.

Professional strong man is by far the most difficult though. The difficult part? The eating. 12,000 calories a day. Weigh 400 pounds. Gonna have a heart attack at 40. Being a strongman is almost suicidal.

Based

Foorbawl cuz yer gettin smacked in the mouth every damn play tell ya hwat

>boxing tougher than any actual martial art
jujitsu, muay thai - hell, ANY real martial art is a gorillion times harder than boxing

>recovery runs
literally retarded

None of those sports require the stamina boxing does

They all require more stamina.
Boxing is a joke if you've studied any real martial art, which I'm assuming you haven't

>wrestling
any sport that limits competition with weight classes is for pussies who aren't good enough to face the best of the competition.

nor the skill

>t.leaf sitting in a tap-out vest

It's among the most physically taxing, but a sport practiced exclusively by wealthy white folks is hardly the "toughest."

The hardest sport is the one with the most interest in it relative to the amount of people at the elite level. It doesn't matter what you do. If it's "easy" then you have to refine small details to absolute perfection. If the most popular sport was lawnmower racing but only 12 people are in the top league, then that becomes the hardest sport.

Collegiate/freestyle wrestling and it's not even close. Greco not quite as much imo.

Fuck any match that goes into overtime.

you think muay thai doesn't require as much stamina as boxing?

what are you, retarded?

Muay Thai: 5 rounds
Boxing: 10 to 12 rounds
Besides, they only compete for 3 of those 5 rounds anyway.

>swimming
>wrasslin
>tapoutfags
>B-but we work out 9 he's a day 8 days a week!
Yeah because you're a midget, lanklet, and/or don't have the faintest whiff of natural talent

This isn't a bad answer but I think top end strongman is technically the toughest. Wrestling is tough while in the match but once the match is over you recover in like an hour. For top tier strongmen you are literally putting you body through so much every second of every day. The fact that so many of them literally stroke out while lifting is proof. Note that this top tier of strongmen only includes like 15 people in the world though at any given time.

Professional boxing. On an amateur level it's really not much harder than other combat sports because you only go 3 rounds.

No one gives a shit about the sport so there's little competition

Wrestling.

>>B-but we work out 9 he's a day 8 days a week!
Holy shit this makes no sense

Is he a janitor?

>running suicides for high school basketball

It's such bullshit if you're a big man. You should be expected to have less agility than the guards, yet we'd finish within 2 seconds of them. It's even worse if you have an idiot coach who encourages players to hide injuries and "play through" exercise-induced asthma. Even worse when he doesn't understand basic human physiology and ignores the necessity of recovery because "you're young." Getting stuck in a life beholden to morons while you know better is the worst fate.

>puking the day before a game
Oh yeah, no problem. God damn it, fuck that idiot for ruining my life.

>no real strategy
do landlubbers really believe this? lmao

A pool with warm water is not only slower than colder pools but they get really hot once you start getting into your workout. Most competition pools are as cold as they can be without freezing athletes bodies.

>And why is it swimming?

That's an odd way to spell "giant slalom and downhill ski racing"
It's beautiful, too;
youtube.com/watch?v=CQlatm6yAzQ

Yeah, never see this in swimming:

youtube.com/watch?v=SEGIyL_WoBk

Swimming is a nice way for old people to keep fit, though.

v. wrong

>Getting stuck in a life beholden to morons while you know better is the worst fate.
You're going to hate having a job.

Gymnastic no doubt.

w-w-whiteys are w-w-weak

This.
Working your legs, abdominals, back and arms simultaneously for 6k while sub 6 mins is blackout mode, plus strict diet to maintain lightweight qualifications.

Rugby without doubt. Man that sport is crazy af.

break dancing is the hardest sport

How is it even possible to have abs when you're that fat?

>never see this in swimming

Leafs are literally subhumans

>running is hard

Professional cycling is one of the most brutal sports handily.

Beer Jousting is by far the hardest. Just the toll it takes on your liver. Aside from that you will eventually be unable to bond in long term relationships and probably wind up in jail. Jail.
Do swimmers go to jail?
Only if they swim naked in front of little kids or something. Don't tell me about hard til you've had Bubba's twelve hard inches lodged in your colon. Then tell me how "swimming" is the hardest sport. It's in water bro. Swimming is in water. You don't even weigh as much in water. You ever see a duck? They get fat as hell just swimming all day. youtube.com/watch?v=B-bk1qugYmo&t=25s

Waterpolo

Its swimming + rugby

>Oh yeah, no problem. God damn it, fuck that idiot for ruining my life.
your complaints are pathetic

Agreed. You would never catch that guy bear wrestling. bleacherreport.com/articles/2530308-exploring-the-strange-history-of-pro-wrestlers-battling-bears

Swmming is for pussies
Hardest sport is football (real football not handegg)

>Boxing is a joke if you've studied any real martial art, which I'm assuming you haven't

Oh yes
I remember the time McGrego took the shit out of Mayweather

yup, goober used his superior stamina to overpower Mayweather, especially in the later rounds, proving that MMA fighters are much better athletes than boxers

But could either of them wrestle a bear? That's real skill and bravery against an unrelenting unbeatable foe. theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/05/canada-black-bear-boxer-punch-sudbury

Sounds like you didn't drink enough milk you dipshit
>thinks you can overtrain a 16 year old with after school basketball
All of my fucking lellingtons

Una maldita hoja

Its the season
>calling a heated indoor pool freezing
>literally in freezing temps
>hearbeat to the max gasping for air now has to slow down for 5 shots
>person in front of you trying to poke your face with sticks
>clumpsy skies that try to go sideways
>snot freezing on your face
>one more lap
>all this while carrying a 5kg gun on your back

do you really think waifushoot is a more demanding sport than any of the others mentioned?

It's called a roid gut

boxing had 15 rounds in the past

Everyone in this thread could get punched in the face. No-one jn this thread could run 10000m.

This has already been scientifically answered

>softball more difficult than water polo

How about fighting

Show me an mma fighters in todays elite with no cardio

where could golf be

you can tell this was made by clueless americans with how much they overrate NA sports

embarrassing

Hockey

Full contact, elite competition level, requires strength, hand eye coordination, stamina, strategy, fighting is allowed, all while sliding around on blades attached to your feet, on which you have to able to effortlessly move both forward and backwards

bodybuilding
the most demanding sport physically and mentally, from the eating to the lifting, to the chemicals taking a toll on your body and mind

Actually a sensible post

listen leaf, I love training Muay Thai and think it's a great combat sport, but at a high level boxing has much more rigorous training and far more head injuries.

stop embarrassing people who train other shit by downplaying boxing. you do not know what you're saying.

also
>Boxing is a joke if you've studied any real martial art
>studied any real martial art
>studied

please tell me you're some Quebecois retard who doesn't grasp English well enough to say "trained" instead of "studied" otherwise your opinion is even less relevant

swimming is fuck dumb

there is no reason to even have swimming competitions, everyone should send a video of their perfomance and compare the timing.

20 rounds happened until the 70s although extremely rare by then.

When your only strategy is "swim faster" yeah bitch your sport is no chess match

Imagine being this stupid

Maybe it's not popular, but waterpolo is hard as fuck, you need godlike fitness to play it

Ass is disappointing tbqh

He left out the part where his coach makes him take thyroid medication he doesn't need

>>thinks you can overtrain a 16 year old with after school basketball

You can overtrain anyone if you don't give them a day of rest after two and half hours of intense cardio. Muscles need time to recover if they're going to grow.

Fuck you, dude. I was a pretty good basketball player before high school, but never panned out because of his ineptitude. If I had known better I would have transferred and fulfilled my potential.

Goober

There's a reason he used to get high all the time. It helped him keep his appetite up.

Boxing in the fucking 1920s

mayweather and pacqiao would of been --REKT--

If you were that fucking weak, then you never should have been able to pass a physical to let you play. I wrestled in high school with a heart murmur, and I did absolutely fine. I threw up exactly one time over the course of four years because I decided to drink milk right before practice, completely my fault. Your coach was right, you were wrong.

>rekt
Are you 12?

>Rodeo: #15

Is an bull a athlete?

Retard, you have to recover in order to build muscle and compete at optimal ability. Overtraining is a bad thing on every level.