Back when Disney was good

>back when Disney was good

I'm the only one who think this and Treasure Planet are two of the best movie Disney ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_xAK1J1kk-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=XVAVsCvUtwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, I agree with you. Atlantis is still in my top 10 films of all time.

She gave me such boners as a kid.

That film was the turning point. Disney showed they didn't know what the hell they were doing anymore and had to rely heavily on pixar to get them through.

That was my single favorite adventure movie as a kid. Iron Giant was pretty good too.

Sure it was.

Both were anti-gun as fuck, but the message was totally lost on me as a kid because all I remembered was how badass the action scenes were compared to any other animated movies.

fuck you

lilo & stitch is great

Atlanis is ridiculously underrated. Has the best cast of characters in any Disney movie and a a decent OST. And pretty great action.

>90% of the crew dies in the first 40 minutes.

Great.

Treasure Planet was great for Jim and Long John bonding with a few weaknesses. I think Muppet's Treasure Island was better but that's not insulting Treasure Planet.

Another underrated was Great Mouse Detective.

Saw it in theatres, thought it was underwhelming but liked the designs of the ship and vehicles - especially the Leviathan.

Emperor's New Groove and Lilo&Stitch are superior 2D Disney.

Sinbad: legend of the seven seas is the superior 2D adventure kino

No shit. Why did you say this was a turning point if it came out in 2001?

Pleb opinion as it was their best movie around that time. It's unfortunate it flopped. Not because "oh it was one of their tries at serious and sci fi/action and it's flop means no more experiments" but "all that PLUS it was actually good"

Why do people like Emperor's Groove that much? It was funny but truly not that great. Must be most overrated Disney flick ever. Lilo and Stitch did some great things too though.

Why do they wear the mask?

My uncle helped animate the robot in treasure planet! He was always upset it didn't do that well. I must admit I don't really care for it myself

Daily reminder that this was Jim Varney's last film.

Pure kino.

i really like late 90s early 2000s disney animation but i guess most of it can be chalked to nostalgia

tarzan and hercules were the first movies i saw in the theatres that i can remember

I forgot about that fluke still it was a fluke that only made sense to those growing up at the time. Disney 2D animated feature films pretty much were dead after Mulan and Hercules. They were the end of their resurgence and Silver Age. They were decent but the earlier films such as Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin are still classics.

Yes! More concept art please! (These guys should have made a 20,000 Leagues cartoon too)

> Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin are still classics.

No Lion King?

Imagine being the one to have to drive that thing.

I was thinking of it at the time but forgot to put it down.

Comfy

no Jungle Book?

That moment when Disney obviously just gave up the ghost and handed over the animating reigns to pixar. They literally made Roseanne a cow and no one batted an eye. Why would anyone think a person with a voice like nails on a chalkboard should be given any kind of voice acting role......

Fukkin' saved.

Jungle Book was apart of the Golden Age of Disney Animations. We were talking about the resurgence and later.

Honestly, what a dark movie. But so so good for adults.

I'm no master but Jungle Book wasn't golden age I believe and instead was a weak point where they literally just copied

"Lots of flash and dust - very MTV!"

It might not be as classic as some of Walt Disney's other animations but it was quite successful and well remembered.

I have to ask- where did you find all this?

All over the place really.

I swim pretty gir- pretty good. I swim pretty good.

I had only ever seen three of them. I wish studios would regularly release all of the concept art instead of making us hunt for little tastes of it. I guess some do release an "art of" book.

Is she the best Disney princess?

It is pretty well. God you are dumb.

Not even a Disney princess.

Girlfriends favorite movie, she had a pissyfit after watching it and I told her I didn't like it.
is Treasure Planet better?

he already said the "G".

Shit, you have really bad taste. but to answer your question: No.

She shoudl dump you.

While shes from Disney and was a princess she isn't technically a Disney princess.
She is the best girl tho.

Liked Atlantis, Treasure Planet not so much.

Lilo and Stitch and The Emperor's New Groove are my favorite of the "post-Renaissance" 2D Disney films.

What in the fuck is with you girls and taking your opinions and likes so fucking seriously? It's fine for you to like stupid cliche bullshit, that doesn't make it good. You'll have screaming matches until your throat bleeds over music and come to physical violence over movies. Get a fucking grip, get some therapy, get the fuck out.

These films came out of a low point in Hollywood in terms of animations. Cartoons were basically dying and they didn't help.

Shit, that sucks. I told one of my ex's her taste in anime is bad but she dealt with it.

Actually it's not THAT bad. But still. Sorry, you had bad luck. I've been pretty luck about them and tastes.

YES GENERAL TULLIUS

OH FUCK
I NEVER NOTICED BEFORE

>battery time is 40 fucking minutes

Easier to draw nameless nobodies than dozens of different human faces.

Also we might feel bad that like 20 of those guys burned alive in there tents when the firebugs swarmed if they didnt have masks

>They literally made Roseanne a cow
Tell me you didn't jerk it to her, come on, everyone did.

>shaved pits, waxed forearms
Ugh.

Atlantis is such a mixed bag of a movie. on the one hand its gorgeous and the story they have to tell can be great, but they don't actually do anything with it.

its extremely paint by the numbers and most of the movie is them setting up for the adventure, which then ends abruptly with 1 dimensional bad guys.

they could have done more with it.

I think Lilo and Stitch was the last good Disney animated film.

>Treasure Planet
another film with squandered potential. though it was a better script then atlantis, the animation was all over the place and it just wasn't as memorable as atlantis.

these films need more time in pre production to have made them great films instead of good -ok films.

I wonder if someone saw Titan A.E. and made treasure planet. they have very similar art styles.

She's 16, user

Treasure Planet had such a great world. I only wish there was more information about it.
I ran a tabletop campaign about it but I had to fill in so many things. Ended up being a hit with everyone though.

Treasure Planet was unique in that it was the only platonic male love story I've really seen in disney animation.

too bad it got ruined by that fucking robot.

great flcik! Great frieking flick!

No one cared who they was before.

Frozen was the last good Disney Animation.

>implying this isn't the best Disney movie

I like Treasure Planet a good deal more than Atlantis. I feel like it actually has better animation, and it resonates with me more.

I really don't count 3D stuff as classic Disney animation.

its all pixar shit to me. I'l watch and enjoy the movies but I can't see them as a Disney animated films..haard to explain.

the feeling of it is gone. Paperman short was the closest to Disney animation I've seen in years.

>I feel like it actually has better animation

I wont spoil it for you then. once you see it its all you see. though I agree, its not a bad film. Its enjoyable.

I tried to like this, but it was not good. seemed more like Don bluth than Disney. And as much as I love Don Bluth films (wish they were still around) it just didn't work here.

the story wasn't that great either.

So is the animation department shut up now? no more 2D films ever? that would suck.

Atlanis and TP were both garbage though.

In that case I'd have to go back to Hercules or Aladdin before I could call a Disney Animation good.

Frozen is the worst nu-Disney animation.

Frozen is actually a quintessential Disney animation. Disney animations are basically just fairytale musicals.

Post best Disney songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=_xAK1J1kk-Y

How "quintessential" it is has nothing to do with its actual quality.

youtube.com/watch?v=XVAVsCvUtwo

>Titan AE

I wanted to like that movie so much because of the Dredj's designs.

Fuck they looked great.

Except taking issue with a quintessential Disney film is tantamount to taking issue with all Disney animations. If you can't find Frozen to be decent to good then you couldn't find any of their films to be decent to good and would therefore feel they all are lacking in quality.

Boy I wish I was as simple-minded and eager to generalize as you, would make things a lot easier.

The fuck are you going on about user?

It is simple logic, sir.

Apparently Treasure Planet had been in Disney's hopper for decades, the higher management just sat on it until they didn't have any other ideas and then farted it out half baked at the last minute.