Was the most painfully unfunny thing I ever watched halfway through, before turning off?

Was the most painfully unfunny thing I ever watched halfway through, before turning off?

Protip

It was

I've never had the strength to watch a full episode of The Daily Show with him let alone a full special. Dear god...

I wonder what Jon Jewart actually thinks of him

I'm sure he'd be pissed. I hate it how people view him as a legitimate news source.

Trevor plays up to this, always goes for the low hanging fruit, and his jokes (before I turned it off) were based off a poor strawman of the opposing views, and the strong Super smart character making fun of the other side.

Just watch as this gets hailed as a "skewering" of privilege, when all it goes it reinforce poor stereotypes about the political views of the opposition of his target audience

Anyone else see this?

I'm not a masochist so no.

It was a fucking ruse. Normie friends said his stand up was funny.

It was not

I couldn't stand Aziz Ansari, that Paki faggot.

>black comedian
>"white people be like"
>"black people be like"

I first saw Trevor Noah on some British "Live at the Apollo" show years ago.His act was better than most with some strong anecdotes about growing up in South Africa. He might have leaned on his identity too much, but it was a solid set.

Then I tried watching some of his newer stuff since he got made into a TV personality; interviews, guest sets, stuff that required improv. He had ZERO new bits and just rehashed/retold all his anecdotes with a longer pauses for sympathy laughs.

Like so many "promising" comedian that get their start in stand-up, they abandon the harder work the second they get thrust into show business.

Now that his venture into TV personality flopped hard he's trying to go back to his standup comedian roots, only to realize he wasn't that talented or funny to begin with.

Sucks to hear he was once good. Tbh watched nu daily show a few times, he had some good bits but way too much crap.

He did the fake self half laugh to get audience laughing after a few jokes. Absolute cringe

lol you stupid racist trump supporting faggot.

And nothing nothing will ever be worse than Schumer's fucking garbage special, which was so bad it caused ovarian cancer.

>the absolute state of bait on tv

I watched a bunch of the Netflix original specials. I listen to Joe Rogan's podcast all the time but kinda figured his comedy wouldn't be for me at all.

Colored me surprised when I found out his special was the best one Netflix has on there. Don't know if that says more about Rogan or the other comedians on there.

Chappelle was bretty gud

Yeah first one was good. Second one felt like he wasn't quite there it was a lot of just telling racial stories and shit. Which is still funny by the sheer fact that it comes from Chapelle but I definitely preferred the first.

Jim Norton's was uncomfortable as fuck the way he spotlighted the girl who saw her parents have sex and then kept badgering her about it. Funny for me but damn dude every joke was I like dicks, I like trannies and then 15 minutes of pressuring this girl to tell you about how you saw your parents fucking.

This.

Dave's first one was great, old school Chappelle. I actually can't particularly point out what was wrong with the second one. It just felt low energy, like he was completely phoning it in

I loved Norton's latest special. Sadly better than Burr's.

Yeah I watched all of Burrs on Netflix and idk nothing clicked. He's such a funny dude idk why none of his stand ups are funny at least not the ones on there. Jeselnik's was pretty good too if a little preachy at times you can tell he still has a chip

Most stand-up on Netflix has a one star rating for good reasons

Most of them are steaming shit

tss what is this guy cold or sumptin? get him a sumptin... peckas! tsss

South African user here, can confirm pretty much this. His initial set was pretty well marketed and received, but all his material is now is tired racial tropes and liberal straw-man.
I personally don't like his delivery on the Daily