Want to be paid same as men's champion

>Want to be paid same as men's champion

>Don't want to move to best of 5 sets like men

How do feminists explain this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style/Words_to_watch#Unsupported_attributions
time.com/money/4265912/equal-pay-tennis-djokovic-williams/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what are you even talking about

What is the difference in viewership and sponsors? Rhetorical question because there lies your answer.

female tennis players play fewer sets in majors while also selling fewer tickets and getting worse tv ratings, but want to be paid the same as male players

In tennis grand slams the men's draw is BO5 sets and women's is BO3. For a sport that is based mostly on endurance and not actual strength seems like a cop out

when did they ever say that they want to get paid the same as male players?
and show me where it says they sell less tickets and get worse tv ratings.

Deluded

I'm not defending them, I wanna know if this is true, that's all.

it is well known to be true

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Manual_of_Style/Words_to_watch#Unsupported_attributions

The US Open has been paying both draw's champions the same since the 80's and last year Wimbledon also started. I'm not sure about the other 2. But the only time that women's draws rate nearly as close as men's is near the semis and finals. For the early rounds men's are much more popular.

But I'm not concerned about ratings at all. Why are they complacent playing shorter matches in the generation of equality. Tennis is a game of endurance not physical strength so theres no reason they shouldn't be playing BO5 like the men.

well known isn't a good source

time.com/money/4265912/equal-pay-tennis-djokovic-williams/

The article is clearly written to support the women's side but look at the wording "Djokovic isn’t wrong to imply that men’s matches, in general, sell more tickets and attract more TV viewers, but blah blah blah qualifying qualifying qualifying"

I'm talking about the players, when did wosniaki say she wanted to get payed the same as men? or lisicki, or mertens or halep.

if it's just a handful of lesbians then you're getting worked up over nothing

>men are so bad at tennis they need extra chances to win

2/10

poor butthurt tennis player

No one wants to watch five sets of women's tennis. They are only Qt for the first two sets, after that they get all sweaty and the novelty wears off and you are left watching their zero strategy le hit the ball back with no spin, depth or pace tennis.

t. tumblr

Never understood this bullshit the marathon girls run for 40 just like the men same for the 100 etc etc even in football they play for 90 just like the men why should tennis be different.

This guy knows

That’s how it starts, a vocal minority that becomes sjw pet project “get them equal whatever even though I won’t look at any later past the first!” then the rest will sing the same tune cause it’d be retarded for them not to. Peoples being so laissez fare about this shit is why it gets out of hand

>people paid their ticket to see the qts play

>old farts nadal and federer take all the money

is not fair tbhfam