Death Note: Petition to boycott film at centre of whitewashing debate scores over 10,000 signatures

>A petition to boycott Netflix's upcoming adaptation of popular Japanese Manga Death Note has gone viral, successfully hitting its goal of 10,000 signatures.

>The backlash was sparked following the release of the first trailer of the film which showed white actors in the film's lead roles. The Care2 petition currently has been signed by more than 12,000 people.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/death-note-petition-to-boycott-latest-film-at-centre-of-whitewashing-debacle-garners-1000-signatures-a7654236.html

Don't worry, Sup Forums will say its okay because they replaced them with white actors instead of vice versa.

How are you going to boycott a movie that's going to just be on netflix, released worldwide right away and at the same time?

>whitewashing
>has a black playing a lead character
It doesn't even fucking make sense. What they mean is Americanizing.

>replace Japanese actor with white people
>everybody scoopla doopla
>replace Japanese actor with Black actor
>nobody say word!

Why would you cast Asians in a movie that takes place in a majority non-Asian country? Now, lets say this took place in Japan, or in a fictional Asian country, then yeh, I could see reason to be angry. But it takes place in America. Why is everyone butthurt?

this movie is going to suck balls but not because of the white leads

Don't you stupid americans have bigger issues right now?

L was white. He was from UK.

Shit faggot, I don't even boycott things that matter, why should I get ina hissy over your percieved boogeymen?

>A petition to boycott Netflix's upcoming
Do these people not understand that they can boycott something without a petition, and do they not understand that petitions aren't legally binding?

More jew bullshit.

They're organizing a protest of some shit they made.

>film is localized in Seattle
>whitewashing
Because Seattle is 99% Japanese people right?

He's like a quarter Japanese and three quarters French and English.

We should help boycott and just fake the outrage at Light being white when L being black is the real problem. The actor for Light is shit too so I mean we could potentially kill 2 birds with one stone.

All that is assuming online petitions ever work ha ha.

How did the Dear White People boycott work out?

the beta uprising is upon us!

light looks white af

>over 10,000 people don't like a tv show
So by Sup Forums logic, this means it will be kino right?

do none of these people know there's already asian death note movies available with no white people in them?

>successfully hitting its goal of 10,000 signatures

10,000 you say???

didn't they already have a japanese live action version?

Hotthead guy should have played him in a Death Note movie 10 years ago.

He was mostly Japanese, and then a small percentage of a bunch of other shit.

>didn't they already have a japanese live action version?
yeah several. why americans choose to make this into a show when there is other animes to choose from

it's a movie, not a show

but japanese people dont give a shit

why doesnt anyone ask them for their opinion before going on some crusade

>take out white actors
>put in Asian actors
>realize nobody will want to watch it
>Netflix removes it
>show is cancelled

Sounds good to me

>not zac effron

Wasn't it sad and pathetic when people were boycotting Hollywood shit like Ghostbusters for effectively the same reason?

Now it's brave to boycott some shitty Netflix show that people probably don't even have a subscription to

Only 10,000 signatures for an e-petition targeted at weebs and fanboys is hilariously pathetic

Sup Forums btfo

The only bigger issue we face is Europeans bringing up America in every online discussion because they literally cannot think about anything else

But what about the nigger?

Atleast Light looks caucasian.

no he's too much of a fuckboy

If it took place in Finland then what?

it shouldn't take place in fucking Seattle in the first place

Chinks are too uncharismatic for leading roles
noone really cares except for filthy weebs, sjws or chinks themselves

But asking for boycott Deat White People is bad, folks!

Hur dur 12,000 signatures gee that sure is a whole lot.

then I would assume you would cast Finnish people. Which are also majority white.

I thought L was short for Light? only watched a youtube poop about it

>Netflix getting bombarded by leftist and rightist SJWs every other week

my sides

>UK
>white

>we could potentially kill 2 birds with one stone.
You're not going to kill any birds with your meaningless online petition to boycot.

L was 1/4 of English, French, Russian and Japanese each. So no.

>fuckboy
You're too much of a faggot cocksucker.

Why was it the trailer that triggered everyone? We've known there would be a white lead for a while now

Who decides that? The one who owns the IP or the one who whines on the Internet?
Because i'm pretty sure that the moving being made means the people who own everything DN have approved, and that's the only opinion that matters.

Seattle is angsty as fuck. It fits.

Nobody else in the world gives a fuck about whitewashing, cultural appropriation and other nonsense, just you retards. Stay butthurt.

>Finnish people in finnish movies

Yeah how about no

>Hahaha dumb sjws who cares about changing all these asians to whites, now this NIGGER here is the real problem!

Why is Sup Forums so retarded bros?

That's what happens when you inject yourself into politics. Maybe other companies will learn from Netflix. Probably not, though.

Nobody will watch a Netflix adaptation of fucking Death Note with all Asian actors.

Internet was a mistake.

I don't even like Sup Forums, but that's not retarded, just pointing out hypocrisy.

>whitewashing
>changes L to be black

Hm?

>yfw 11 ends up with the nigger not to be progressive
>yfw they'll say that was the plan all along
>yfw everyone will say oh of course that's why he didn't like her in the first season
>yfw Mike preps the bull

>whitewashing
>when Light is a kike
>and L is a nigger
u wot mate

Reality is getting a little too retarded for me.

Netsux is a joke. Why does anyone pay for that shit service? I had it for years and finally dropped it 6 months ago. Haven't missed it at all.

weebos do

Normal people aren't stormfag shills, they don't differentiate between white and Jewish, especially not when the person is only half Jewish. That makes no sense, and is just your personal racist narrative that you somehow think other people should follow even though it has no logical or scientific basis.

it's not "hypocrisy", most netflix users are girls because they are too dumb for torrents or even regular streaming, and they don't wanna see some shitty white boy sperging out

>half jew
If your mother is a jew, you are a jew. That's literally how it works.

Calm down Steinberg.

Not him but Jews absolutely are distinguished by race in the real world. You need to meet more people.

Anime is usually whitewashed

Pic fucking related

>bunch of Aryans fight each other with magic and genocide brown people in the desert

yeah religiously jew but genetically not really as a jew in America already has alot of European blood and if he mixes with an European his kid wont have that much Semitic blood

That's religious law, not genetics/objectivity you mouth breathing retard. Also his father is Jewish and mother Christian.

And it's having a live-action adaptation with full japanese actors. Same happend with Attack of Titan shitty movies.

Top fucking kek.

>not him, i'm just another delusional alt right SJW baby so that makes my opinion valid

0/10

Jews can be different races though, it's a religion not a race.

Hopefully all this shit will stop any farther anime adaptions in the future.
Probably Ghost in the Shell will also be a massive flop.

Also Light looks like a white guy.
On the other hand a black L is totally out of place.

Literally no Asian Americans can't act, if you make a best actor list today you'll never find an Asian on it

jackie chan

No I'm not I'm actually pretty left leaning, you're just straight up wrong.
It's both a religion and a race, there are religious Jews, ethnic Jews, and both. Seriously, the entire state of Israel is based around ethnonationalism of the Jewish race.

American education finds new ways to dumbfound me every single day. How do you think Hitler was able to round up all of those Jews for the Holocaust? Did he just ask them what religion they practiced? Fucking idiots.

Asians in general should just stick to making kung fu flicks.

he measured their noses lol

> reprace - peopro

>not a peep about L being made black
???????????????????????

They should've made the protagonist black, then they'd all be stuck biting their lip

isnt the character in the anime half white or something

>they literally have a nigger playing L and sitting like he does in the anime
This may be a shit Death Note but maybe it will be an okay unintentional comedy.

Why is it ok to complain about Light being white and looking nothing like his original counterpart but not ok to complain about L being black and looking nothing like his original counterpart

L was like the palest motherfucker in the series. If you can justify THAT then you should be ok with ALL OF IT.

it's always 10,000 signitures like it fucking matters

This is so ducking dumb I hope the filmmakers ignore these retards

>shilling for the independent

Yea, fuck off....

Good.

Getting really sick of white hollywood whitewashing Asian media then turning asians into villains or sick race fetishist fantasies.

Nah, it wouldn't even cross their minds. It's literally an issue of white people and nothing else.

My question is this: Japan has four fucking movies based on this franchise and a shitty drama. What in the fuck is wrong with having an adaptation in America with different races?

Like, do they even know they can see the story anywhere else?

Isn't there already a live action adaptation with Asians playing the characters?

I didn't read your reply before posting mine but I would have seconded this shit so hard.

This outrage is so dumb it's making the Gits outrage seems reasonable.
When will people learn that it's an adaptation? Do they want a full Japanese cast set in the US? I don't get it. At least they can save their outrage for actual bullshit.
Even the Japanese adaptation had all Japanese- because it was in fucking Japan. Why don't they go watch that shitty movie instead? Fucks sake.

Not for nothing the first two were good. Three was a garbage fire. Haven't seen the fourth one yet but I assume it's mostly new given most the important people are dead or dying by the time it ends.

That shit JUST came out last year, too. I need to see responses to this, I want to know how the purists are defending themselves. You can literally already see the movies. You're just mad because it feels like your precious series is getting tainted.

Why do you pepole have to remind me of this shit?

>boycott
>still subscribed to Netflix

BRAVO RETARDS

I hope this works. I don't want this movie to be released.

They're all actually upset because of the niggerwashing, I guarantee it.

>Independent.cu.ck

The quarter Japanese thing isn't even relavent to his looks. Making characters part jap when they aren't Japanese is just a thing Japan likes doing. That's why MGS1 said Solid Snake was part Japanese and MGS4 clarified it by making the egg doner a Japanese woman and her mitrocindral DNA was in him.