This is Kubrick's best kino

This is Kubrick's best kino
Prove me wrong

Full Metal Jacket > 2001 = Spartacus = Paths of Glory > Shining = Barry Lyndon > Eyes Wide Shut>>> Dr. Strangelove >>>>>>> Clockwork Orange

don't know the rest

>spartacus #3
kek

Barry Lyndon is mind blowing to me. I wish more film would try to emulate the painting aesthetic. It will always be my favorite jewbrick film

Barry Lyndon does many things wonderfully. Even today filming with 100% natural lightning is rare and here you have something from 70's that does it. Although he had to have NASA hardware to do it.

Cinematography-wise it's KINO as fuck.

>Although he had to have NASA hardware
camera lens, not hardware

This movie renders 90% of war movies unwatchable

Here's an idea. Let's work on the assumption that I give zero fucks about putting Kubrick's work in hierarchy.

As such an individual I would like you to sell me this idea since I'm sure great thought went into conceiving it.

I'll even say that the story elements, things like plot, characters, and dialogue in Barry Lyndon aren't Kubrick's best. But the visuals are so well done it elevates it above the rest in my opinion. It's one of my favorite films.

I watched it a few days ago. It's great.

First half of fmj is a 10
Second half is 6

I'd just like to point out that this guy is still alive.

>born 1916
wow

>died just a few days after "finishing" eyes wide shut

spooki

I agree with you. People denying this are tryhards.

That's the other way round

second half is still an 8/10

>dies right after making a movie critiquing jewish cults controlling hollywood

really gets the old noggin joggin

2001 will become part of the western cannon of cinema centuries from now, if not most of his films.

>>>>>>>> Clockwork Orange
Why is Clockwork Orange hated so much here? It's a great film.

Barry Lyndon > 2001 > PoG > FMJ > Dr. Strangelove > EWS > The Shining > Lolita > The Killing > ACO > Killers Kiss > Spartacus > FaD

>FMJ at the top and Dr Strangelove near the bottom

This is as wrong as it gets except Clockwork Orange being his worst.

2001 is undoubtedly his best. Probably for as long as cinema is remembered it will be considered a masterpiece.

You are right that it doesnt make much sense because none of them are within the same style and genre.

It makes sense to put 2001 at the top and Clockwork Orange on the bottom though.

Liked the movie but I felt like it dragged on for way too long at the beginning.
I have never felt stronger about skipping a portion of the movie.

>and Clockwork Orange on the bottom though.
>Clockwork Orange being his worst.
Why?

Why does it make sense for anything to be top or bottom? What's the endgame of putting entertainment in tiny little boxes?

Full Metal Jacket too high
Dr Strangelove too low

Other than that, really good