I have a few thoughts about the Power Rangers film

I have a few thoughts about the Power Rangers film.

What was with the Krispy Kreme product placement that felt so out of place it was almost humorous?

Goldar is supposed to have a cat or lion like head and he is supposed to speak.

I was disappointed when I was told by a movie review website there would not be any cameos from the original show. I was lied to because clearly Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank make an obvious came at the end.

The Megazord looked badass but the fight was very brief and was pretty lame. WTF?

When Rita had the rangers all tied up in the fishing net or whatever, why didn't she just kill them all instead of just killing Billy? (Billy gets brought back to life for those of you who haven't seen it yet.)

Where the FUCK was the guitar music?!?! That was one of the best parts of the original show and would have made the fight, brief though it was, so much better.

Am I to assume that they are making a sequel with Tommy based on the post credits scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JRYktIhMdNQ&autoplay=1
youtube.com/watch?v=rkO0c86y44w&autoplay=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Where the FUCK was the guitar music?!?! That was one of the best parts of the original show and would have made the fight, brief though it was, so much better.

it's not getting a sequel considering its box office.

Is it true that one of the rangers accidentally milks a bull?

One of his friends does at the beginning. It isn't shown though.

Goldar is an ape, not a cat. I agree it bothered me they made him all gold. Taking the name a bit literally.

>no more /prg/ on Sup Forums

Huh? It's in second place behind Beauty and the Beast.

How are you coping?

At the rate it's going, you're looking at around a 150m domestic total.

World wide will probably triple that, so yeah it'll probably get a sequel.

So is it true that Rita Repulsa was a member of some prehistoric Power Rangers but she turned evil, and the Power Rangers caused the meteor strike that killed the dinosaurs? So does this movie posit that man and dinosaur coexisted?

Dunno about ya'll but I ain't feeling this shit at all. Some of the best fun I've had with Sup Forums. Thanks guys.

Worse franchises keep pumping out movies despite terrible opening weekends. Also Krispy Kreme is reportedly making a fortune out of the movie so the movie is already making a big revenue in other fronts. Add to that general good reception.

Sequel is practically a fact.

The original Rangers were aliens

Not really. Because the rangers were all aliens.including Zordon who was red.

They were aliens. Rita was apparently the green ranger, which would explain a lot of backstory surrounding the how she came into power of the green ranger in the original MMPR TV arc.

youtube.com/watch?v=JRYktIhMdNQ&autoplay=1

Why were they all on Earth though?

in a way, I think the krispy kreme was meant to be humorous after a point.

The theater wasn't full in my showing but we all still laughed when Rita takes a moment to enjoy a donut.

Rita was seeking Earth's Zeo crystal.

It does. IIRC they never explained that in the tv show so that was a nice touch.

i forget if it is explained in the backstory when Zordon appears again but I do know that he had the Zeo crystal they were protecting sent from the sky and into the earth, so maybe they were attacked in space or something. I honestly can't tell you because it doesn't explain why they took up the forms of dinosaurs to begin with.

But they literally do. Alpha says the Rangers and Zords take the forms of the most powerful creatures on the planet at the time, which were dinosaurs

I was expecting "Aliens!" dude but ya done good anyway, user.

They are already teasing a transgender green ranger sequel. Not kidding

Yeah I was saying as far as my own line of thought (which is wrong anyway because the reply told me that the Crystal was already in the earth)

So yeah they would have been there for a while protecting it.

I dindu nothing, it's the literal theme
youtube.com/watch?v=rkO0c86y44w&autoplay=1

transgender? I was thinking female, only this time the love interest is Trini.

Assuming they stay the course with Kimberly and Jason anyway. I know romance was cut out of the movie for some reason but there is still enough teasing to make one think they can go the course if they choose to do so in the sequel.

I know, I'm just saying I am surprised no one responded to us with the "it was aliens" meme.

>transgender

[citation needed]

So how long before we get a green ranger "this is me" comic edit?

Was better than i was expecting.

It had its flaws but come on.. nobody expects a reboot of a 25 year old show to be good.

I liked it overall. Roy from the Office was in it.

The movie sorely needed more hand-to-hand action sequences. The fact that there was only one in the whole movie was kind of a letdown for me.

Otherwise, it was surprisingly decent.

Not him but there is an article going around about how the cast wants a female green ranger now. Guessing since Rita was the green ranger herself and all that jazz.

I wasn't expecting much but I love the building friendship between Jason and Billy.

Mad we didn't see them use the toy advertised morphers tho

>Tomi Oliver

Tommy was teased in the post credits scene so if the green ranger is female, it would have to be one of the cast who is a ranger already, such as Trini, with Tommy becoming the yellow ranger. I doubt they'll do that.

The friendship between Jason and Billy was awkward, in a good, intentional way, but honest and really nice.

>tfw no alpha Chad bro who cares about me despite being autistic and always has my back

Also, toy-advertised morphers? What? I really missed those things in the movie and I kinda hate that we didn't get a true transformation sequence either. That's a big part of PR.

Welcome to the realm of Super Hero Movie Adaptations. The people remaking your beloved memories into movies don't give a shit about the characters or show or comic or book or whatever. They just want to make their own movie and guarantee themselves some nostalgia money.

The morphers were on the belts, Its just the rangers needed to be in proximity of the mophing grid to morph. Im guessing the sequel will have morphers so they dont need to return to the ship to change!

>Im guessing the sequel will have morphers so they dont need to return to the ship to change!
Yeah, I wondered about this in the movie. I thought I heard Zordon say that they could morph anywhere as long as they cared about one another or something but I could be mistaken.

I just saw it as a fluke that Billy even transformed as they made such a big deal of them standing around the grid!

>Character in the original is a part-native badass that constantly has to save his team
"Not diverse enough, bring in the transgender FtM Black Woman as a love interest for Trini"

They can, like when Billy was the first to morph and they didn't do it in the ship. And that is what scares me. One could argue the whole training thing they were doing but they semi established that they don't need morphers to change.

At no point did they even mention morphers, either.

After a quick google search, I think I found what that other user was talking about.

Yeah, considering that they didn't need morphers to morph in the movie, it's probably just a non-canon toy for some quick and easy sales. Shame. I kinda wish the movie took more risks and had actual transformation sequences, which you don't really see in Hollywood movies. It'd be something new for Hollywood.

That's what I'm saying. Hollywood hasn't done something like that since, if we're being bold and generous here....Turbo.

Especially in this new psuedo-realistic standards we have for today's superhero movies and all that, I hope Saban doesn't shy away from this just because they're on the big screen.

I hate to be that guy but while I was fine with female tommy, I'm now cool with tg Tommy even more if it means Trini gets the dick one way or another.

>getting your daughter to dress up like the woman you fucked once.

What did tommy mean by thus?

I HATE love triangles and this Jason doesn't deserve to be cucked so that would be 10/10 everybody wins for me.

They said that the armor is inside of them all the time. Part of why they are super strong/durable unmorphed.

the big thing about doing it in the command center was that is the direct link to the morphing grid. So it should be easier there.

So was Zack a cuck?

Since when is Trini a arabic name?

The major sin this movie committed was not having a roll call.
>MASTODON
>PTERODACTYL
>TRICERATOPS
>SABER TOOTH TIGER
>TYRANNOSAURUS

Yeah the focus on realism and shit is a massive drag in modern superhero movies, but considering that PR has always been crazy and over-the-top children's nonsense that has never strove for a sense of realism, I'm surprised that they were actually fairly faithful to the source material while still going in a more realistic direction. I would've killed for proper transformation sequences, which with modern technology, might even look really cool, but studios don't want to take the risk, because everything has to be grounded in reality.

>They said that the armor is inside of them all the time. Part of why they are super strong/durable unmorphed.
Did they? I missed that completely. I wonder what the rational is for that, then.

can anyone link a torrent/stream?

The armor was put inside them when the Coin first connected with them.

>being this buttblasted

She's not even confirmed to be a lesbian. Could be bi for all we know.

All you'd get is a shitty camera in a theater.

Thats sequel shit

No that's shit you do to secure a sequel.

>making a sequel

I haven't seen it, I don't know how it's doing at the box office, I don't know what the reviewers are saying about it, but having seen the trailer I can tell you that there will definitely not be a sequel.

Yeah I don't remember that detail so I must've missed that completely.

>tfw all I really want to rewatch is the fight scene on the mountain but can never find it on YT despite like every other action scene being on there already

>I know nothing about the movie whatsoever but I know for a fact there will be no sequel

I'm gonna break this down not for you, but for anyone reading who decides to take you seriously.

No. Him and Trini were never a thing for one.

Two. He stopped being thirsty the moment he found out about her.

There was never anything to cuck.

I watched the trailer.
There's not going to be a sequel.

I watched the movie
There will be a sequel

Movie would have been better if Billy died.

So was a cuck?

I watched the post credits scenewhere they explicitly teased Tommy. There will be a sequel.

If it does good in China and has strong legs it could justify a sequel.

Not to mention an increase in toy sales could further nudge the studio.

Krispy Kreme will fund the sequel.

I'm not doubting their intent to make a sequel.
I'm saying there is no chance it will make enough money for there to be a sequel.

The trailer for this movie was the worst thing I had seen in a while.

>movie doing well enough in box office, specially releasing against Disney's latest leftist masturbatory fantasy
>post credits scene calling out for Tommy Oliver by name
>despite it being allegedly a teenage movie, the main cast was better than the genre calls for

Nah, they got a good thing. A sequel with the right adjustments (read: more action) could do even better.

Toy sales are bombing though?

If this is you then you said in a previous post you knew nothing about how it was doing at the box office. It's second behind Beauty and the Beast and is doing fine.

>buttblasted

About? She could be gay or bi, I'm just putting it out there that I'd like to see it purely because the ship would be hot to me. That's what I meant about being "that" guy.

Also I'm with the other user because if they do decide to do romance shit I would like to see everyone win so Jason doesn't lose a potential girl in Kimberly and Trini gets Tommy.

Fuck that was so fun lads. In Space was so god damn good.

>Trini questioning her preferences
>good in China

It'll be lucky enough to not be banned. It got an 18+ rating in Russia for that one fucking 3-seconds long line of dialogue.

I think the in-your-face Krispy Kreme all over the place was done ironically on purpose to be hilarious. Actually, I bet that was the intention.

Problem is, the execution failed horribly if that was the case.

>Trini and Tommy
Not gonna happen.
There was even a scene near the end with the original Tommy and Kim standing next to each other as a couple

Are they? Zords seem to be selling fine in the stores I went to.

But I'm in the south so they could be getting stolen, too.

>Implying Trini doesn't secretly dream about Rita choking her

It made people laugh at my screening and I've heard KK is making a fortune out of this so I think it counts as a success.

>willing to put up with a tranny in your movie so your waifu will get the dick

If you want to get technical, going for a transexual Tommy would probably mean a post-op, so there wouldn't even be a dick involved anymore.

I would rather Trini just gets a straight-up, non mutilated, natural born female love interest in a possible sequel. Prefferably not some butch dyke type.

More like

>MASTRADAWN
>TARADACTAIL
>TRYCERATOPS
>SABERTOOTH TIGER
>TWRANNSRS

Billy and Triny were the only two who didn't pronounce like retards.

My country doesn't even have KK. People were just laughing at Rita thinking some deli is the center of life on Earth.

I forgot about that.
>mfw when Jason got NAVAJO'D

Fair enough, yeah. But if that "we want Tommy to be female or the like" gets any traction then she just might end up with someone, but it won't be Kim.

They pronounced it properly in the pilot but sound lazy as fuck. Specially Jason.

I want to see Liz Banks as Rita again, she did great.

Guys I am gonna leave this for a moment, please look that nothing ill happens to it.

Hobo Rita is hot.
(What do her pits smell like?)

I have never in my life eaten Krispy Kreme. Are those any better than Dunkin Donuts?

I was trying hard not to think about that.

>"I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Rita was making it too easy though.

Given my "interests", nah, the idea of a tranny and a female doesn't bother me at all. Like I said. I'm cool with female too but I certainly won't complain about tg Tommy.

>Are those any better than Dunkin Donuts?
Fuck no. The joke in the movie was kinda funny but Dunkin Donuts is infinitely better.

*steals your doughnuts*

Her accent was hot. I'm with the other user. Hope she signs on for a return if the sequel comes.

>make my monster grow!

She actually says it, the madwoman.

>Krispy kreme spent 20 to 30 million for a product placement
>30% of the budget was payed with non lionsgate money
>they already surpassed its budget
>Toys selling like crack
It will get a sequel.