Sacrifice yourself to save the world and your sister

>sacrifice yourself to save the world and your sister
>so tired from endless struggles and tragedy all you really feel is relief
>feel yourself lifted up
>you died a hero's death and end up in heaven
>feel nothing but overwhelming joy, love and peace
>you got your etenal reward
>suddenly a jarring jolt runs through you, your "best friend" is casting a necromancy spell to bring you back to life
>friend doesn't think the spell works, so she walks out of the graveyard and gives up
>you wake up in the coffin they buried you in
>dig yourself out of your own grave
>having been ripped out of heaven this mortal world is nothing but pain and you can't feel anything but suffering
>your sister became a klepto while you were dead and is having trouble in school
>your former boyfriend married a hot doctor while you were dead
>your "friend" was put in charge of your late mothers estate because you were dead and ended up spending all the money
>she never got a job even after the money ran out and spends her days snorting pixie dust and lezzing out with her thicc witch girlfriend that she never bothered to marry
>you never even graduated highschool because it was destroyed by a hellmouth on graduation day, and according to records you have been dead for years, so its real hard to get a job
>to support your klepto little sister and pay rent you have to get a job flipping burgers at a burger joint called the doublemeat palace, the pay is garbage, it stinks and your boss is an asshole
>every day the memory of being in heaven and being ripped out of there fills you with despair while you walk home at night stinking of burger grease and being attacked by random vampires

Was Willow the worst best friend in the history of television?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K2gDLA3fWAI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm glad I never watched this show. Also, Firefly is overrated.

It's actually much better than Firefly. It's Joss's best work. I know people hate him now, and some good reasons for that, but Buffy is good stuff.

Why does Alyson Hannigan always play the worst character in every show?

the sister wasn't her real sister at all

should I pick it up again, my interest died at that season with her in college and some military experiments n shiet

She was her literal clone made from her own blood and dna. She even said she felt closer to her than she would if she was her real sister since in a way she was her. The memories growing up together were all fake though.

What other worst character did she play?

It's worth watching to the end but the last two seasons (she dies at the end of season five and the last two seasons are post resurrection) are depressing and kind of a drop off in quality. But it does have the musical episode which is incredible.

Lilly in HIMYM

>according to records you have been dead for years, so its real hard to get a job

Did I miss this? I thought they were parading the Buffybot around to keep her alive in public records

I thought they just used it to patrol at night to make the vamps think she was still alive.

Come on now, we all know Ted was by far the worst character in that show. She doesnt even come close

>It's actually much better than Firefly

I think Xander was more directly shitty to Buffy. He tried to get her to kill Angel while Willow was working to rescue his soul and then later trying to get Faith to kill Angel for him. The worst thing Willow intentionally did to Buffy was kick her out of her house but that was on the whole gang. Xander was especially shitty to Buffy in that moment and he's supposed to be the heart of te group.

It's been a long time but I think at least one of those times and maybe both Angel was evil. It's hard to keep track because he flipped so many times. I think at worst the first time he knew angels soul was back and didn't tell Buffy so Buffy would kill him, probably just because he was jealous and wanted to fuck Buffy. So yeah that's pretty awful and I don't even remember if she ever found out about that, but it's not comparable to pulling your friend, who died a hero's death and got her eternal reward, literally out of the divine embrace of heaven and bringing her back to life to flip burgers and suffer. It doesn't matter if it wasn't intentional. That's too big.

Huh I looked it up. Willow is performing a ritual to give Angel his soul back and tells Xander to go and tell Buffy about it. Xander catches up with her just before she's about to fight Angel and says Willow has a message for you "Kick his ass". Then Willow completes the ritual during their fight and Angel gets his soul back and returns to being good the instant before Buffy impales him on a sword and pushes him through a portal to a hell dimension, where because of the time difference between that dimension and ours he spends the next 120 years being burned, stabbed and tortured by demons. Buffy never completely recovers from killing her one true love.

And Xander did all this because he was jealous that Buffy and Angel were fucking.

She really did have horrible friends.

Fuck Angel. He was a killer, and a soul doesn't exonerate that. Xander was literally the only one that made sense in that regard. Maybe he did it for selfish reasons, but he killed best girl Jenny and everyone are acting like it's okay.

firefly is nothing, m8. even Buffy didn't git gud until like mid season 2, and Firefly never had a chance to get gud.

she worked at the burger joint season 3 after she killed angel.

but regardless she probably had trouble finding work.

i gotta rewatch this show. I used to love the show and SMG back in the day. I mainly rewatched the fun episodes a few months ago. (the halloween ones, werewolf, xander hanging out with the zombies) I'm probably going to watch it tonight

Season 2-5 of Buffy is far better than Firefly. Like, it's not even close.

>your sister became a klepto while you were dead and is having trouble in school
the klepto storyline started in season 5

>you never even graduated highschool because it was destroyed by a hellmouth on graduation day, and according to records you have been dead for years,

not even true. watch the show, m8

to be fair not only did she never thank him for not saving her life but she also threw it in his face. Not that that made up for his actions but she was also a bit of a cunt towards him that one episode

>to be fair not only did she never thank him for not saving her life but she also threw it in his face
this sentence confuses me.

Did you know that in the french version, Xander is called Alex? and in Tabula Rasa - he's still called Alex.
French ruin everything.

She was declared legally dead and even buried.

watch the show, m8.

they had the buffybot take her place so the state won't take Dawn away. she was alive as far as the authorities were concerned.

she was basically rubbing it in his face that she wasnt thanking him for saving her life in season one.

Firefly is slow, boring tripe. Maybe 3 episodes were good.

Really thinking about it a lot of people majorly overreact to a lot of things;

Xander lets Buffy kill her one true love because he wanted to fuck Buffy since high school, when he finds out she's fucking Spike he tries to murder boyfriend number two.

Anya get left at the altar so she becomes a vengeance demon and tries to get Xander to wish himself to death.

Oz runs off to tibet to get cured without even telling Willow he is leaving and when he finds out she took up with a lesbian witch while he was gone he tried to eat Tara.

Willow tries to destroy the entire world because her girlfriend was killed by a random bullet.

Buffy messes up one plan in seven years and the entire gang kicks her out being leader, replaces her with Faith, and kicks her out of her own house?

And then they kick Faith out of being leader because she slept with a black guy and Xander even says "Burn the coal, pay the toll" before slamming the door in her face.

Anya and Dawn were the worst characters in the entire show

Woah, season 7 really took a dark turn

>the musical episode
>incredible
The musical episode is pretty bad, dude. Except for this one beautiful, magical part: youtube.com/watch?v=K2gDLA3fWAI

No way.

Xander understood that Buffy couldn't fight Angelus while simultaneously hoping that Willow will unfuck his soul situation. She'd be dead meat, fighting defensively and not at the top of her game WHILE the apocalypse (number two, three?) is at hand.

Xander made the right choice.

That was the weakest song, goddamn you don't troll me!

No, Xander was jealous first season but after that, it was over.

Here's how you know: he had the opportunity to remind her that he was the one who had to shove that big coward Angel down into the catacombs to confront The Master. He never told her, "Hey, by the way, your undead boyfriend was too much of a wuss."

Stop and think about how BALLSY it is, going down there. The Prophecy says Buffy dies. Even Angel is scared. And Xander goes anyway. You'd have to think you might buy Buffy five seconds of time while The Master kills you, but it's that important that he goes.

And he never reminds her, rubs her face in it, he never even torments Angel with it. If he were jealous still, he'd do that.

Pretty much at "When She Was Bad" is when he stopped carrying a torch for her.

finally, someone who gets it.

>Pretty much at "When She Was Bad" is when he stopped carrying a torch for her

I agree with the other stuff you wrote but he tries to murder Spike like three seasons later because of how jealous he is that he's fucking Buffy. And then when Dawn is trying to defend Spike and say if Spike was here he would help them Xander casually says "You mean if he wasn't busy trying to rape your sister?"

Way to grasp at straws man. He was going after Spike because he saw him fucking Anya on cctv.

He had left Anya at the fucking altar! Why should he get to say who she fucks?

What's the best song then???Does it have lesbian sex at the end? I didn't think so!

He's trying to murder Spike because Spike's, well, he was still trying to get them killed in Season Four.

Remember, Xander got to accidentally stake one of his friends, bam, right out of the box, close enough to inhale Jesse's dust (they really should have gotten Jesse for Conversations with Dead People). He's never going to have a positive view of vampires, particularly the soulless variety, which was Spike right until the end of Season Six.

And as weird as the quasi-rape thing was (face it, Buffy spent a lot of time teaching Spike that she likes a little rough trade prior to sex), Xander's pretty repelled that one of his friends is in this crappy dark place where she thinks it's okay to boink a "soulless corpse."

He's not jealous, he's revolted.

Don't forget when he refused to fuck her when she was magically in love with him.

he doesn't, but you made it seem like he was reacting because of Buffy, which he wasn't.

Ah, I forgot that!

Yeah, I mean, I'm sure he appreciates the hotness which is Buffy (although that part in the second season she's way too goddamned skinny and it's a little creepy), but he turns that down. You're right.

And when she had a cavegirl brain and wanted to mate.

I have some pretty weird feelings about Xander leaving Anya at the altar.

One, he just received a super-realistic vision of KILLING her. My guess is he didn't see it from the outside but from his own vantage point. That probably includes feeling the skullbones in her cranium give way on the first hit with the frying pan. And I believe that he doesn't just hit her the one time.

But as scary as that is, it's the fact that it's PLAUSIBLE. In his vision, Xander's an alcoholic ... just like his parents. In it, Buffy's dead ... and that's already happened a couple of times.

This is going to sound weird, but my interpretation of events is that he has to think that the vision MIGHT come true, because it's the Hellmouth, and because all of the prophecy/vision stuff is tricky ... it likes to fuck you.

If there was even a one-in-ten chance of that vision coming true, yeah, I can see him walking away.

In a strange coincidence that vision of being an alcoholic woman beating drunk actually was the true future of the guy who played Xander after the show ended. Almost as if Joss had magic powers.

I'm going to rewatch Angel, I just marathoned Buffy.

Is there a chart for what seasons/episodes of Angel are good? I don't remember much. I remember I hated his stupid kid conner who almost ruined the show for me. I remember Wesley locked a woman in a rape dungeon in his condo and had her shit in a bucket. I remember I liked the nerd girl who later became a purple anime necro-goddess. I don't remember much aside from that.

Heh.

Still, though ... I empathize with Xander.

It's obvious that he's still fond of Buffy, but he's not carrying a torch for her, it's faded to the kind of feeling he has about Willow. Plus the whole "saving the world bit."

If I had to guess, somewhere between finding out that he's her Xander-shaped friend and The Pack, he probably cools his jets a bit (hyena-powered rape attempts will do that to you), but by the time When She Was Bad rolls around and that little, uh, dance occurs, my guess is that any crush he had is no longer in force.

While I didn't much care for the Connor stuff, I did like the Daniel Holtz leadup. Oh, Connor dragging that woman off to be sacrificed, that was ice-fucking-cold. A true moment of horror in that show.

Why didn't a new slayer come up after she died?

Kendra came from her first death, then Faith from Kendra's.

she came back wrong

It was never fully explained but I believe the explanation they came up with was Buffy dies first time, Kendra gets activated, Buffy comes back to life, Kendra is killed, Faith gets activated, Buffy is killed again, no new slayer activates because Faith is still alive and as far as the Slay-Force is concerned Faith is the active Slayer, so until faith dies a new one doesn't get activated. And Faith never does die and they are up to season ten in the comics and Faith is still kicking, in fact she's the MC.

Faith is way better off with Angel hanging out in demon land than being near buffy.

Infact all characters are better away from Buffy show

Wait did this really happen or am I getting trolled?

Yeah he got shown a vision where he was an abusive loud-mouth drunk living in a trailer and then after an argument with Arya he bashes her skull in with a frying pan.

>muh Glau

Willow ruined the show

is this list good for which epi to skip and which ones to watch?

A lot of people think three is the best season, I don't think you can go wrong watching any of it. It's primetime Faith the Vampire Slayer.