Why do brits talk about their "big 6" but think la liga is a 2 horse race? Spurs...

why do brits talk about their "big 6" but think la liga is a 2 horse race? Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal have as much chances to win the league as Sevilla, Valencia or Villarreal do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9DcA2phCUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

United, Chelsea, City and Leicester > Madrid and Uefalona

Because the big six is a thing and Real/Barca domination of la liga is a thing too.

The big six is a cheap knock off of Argentina's big five

Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal chances to win the league = 0%
Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal = 0%

PL domination is shared between 3 teams, and I'm being kind with that sentence, because Atlético has a newer league titler than United, who are often included in the "big 3" talks even though they're going the liverpool way

Atletico is a joke, Spain only has 2 teams with CL's, England has 7

It's just marketing.

Brits are just really stupid cunts.

Yes but Man Utd have been shit, Man City attacked well for a while but defensively fucked up a lot and couldn't be consistent and Chelsea imploded in 2015/16. It was hard to say which team was going to win the PL.

its not based on who is likely to win the league it's based on competition. barca and real are miles ahead of the rest of la liga.

Liverpool nearly won the league in 2009 and 2014
Surps were second favourites in 2016 and 2017 before collapsing
Arsenal came second in 2016

What about Leicester?

because the big 6 doesn't mean all 6 teams are title candidates, it just means a match between those 2 can usually go either way
Real and Barça are expected to win all games besides El Clásico which is the real challenge of the season. Whenever this doesn't happen it's considered a slip by either team

Man United and Chelsea have both finished outside the top 4 in the last couple of seasons, Spurs haven't.

>Spain only has 2 teams with CL's, England has 7
>Liverpool + Man Utd + Chelsea + Villa + Forest = 7

yet in the last 3/4 seasons the PL winner has won the league by a landslide
Villarreal and Sociedad also nearly won the league a decade ago, nobody considered genuine contenders for that
freak result and irrelevant to the discussion because they aren't part of the big 6, not even after they won the league

you forgot Ipswich and Celtic

Total money spent in signings during the 2017-18 season by club (per Transfermarkt):
Tottenham: €93.1M
Liverpool: €167.8M
Arsenal: €55.1M
Sevilla: €75M
Valencia: €53M
Villarreal: €44.5M

Total market value of the club squad as of 20 January (per Transfermarkt):
Tottenham: €678M
Liverpool: €581M
Arsenal: €485.95M
Sevilla: €248.5M
Valencia: €311.3M
Villarreal: €176.2M

>the caliphate of a two team league

>Valencia

They've actually won their league unlike Liverpool and Tottenham.

Because all the "Big 6 teams" are rich as fuck and may pull a crazy hiring any season, La Liga is plain boring shit and we all know who will win.
But at least you guys have 3 interesting teams with the best players in the world, Bundasleague is straight up garbage.

so money is the only thing that determines stature of a club?

Liverpool have won the title 18 times la

>18 times
but football was invented in 92, surely that's an incredible domination by Liverpool, isn't it?

>nnnnheeeehehhhhhhwaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!1111 The PL is just marketing!!!!11111 stuuupiiiiiddd Brits jajajajajajajajajajaja! La Liga is beeEETter!

Objectively the average Premier League game is more exciting than an average La Liga clash with, dives, soft free kicks, no tackes, no away fans and a half empty stadium.

You forgot the abysmal refereeing of the Spanish league.

yeah I'm sure the world is itching to watch Stoke against Huddersfield
don't move the goalposts, this is about the supposed merit of a "big 6" against the perception of 2 horse race la liga

Liverpool have never won the Premier League

Real lost to Sevilla and Valencia and drew with Atletico and Villareal last season, and that was when they were at their best. Real suffer at the Mistalla and Vicente Calderon/Wanda every year, so yeah, it really can go either way.

They've won the Champions League 5 times la

All but 2-3 teams in la liga literally do not know how to play defense

>flag
is isis really in retreat right now or no

Because look

Leicester's year was probably the most amazing thing to ever happen in epl

cause they are delusional as fuck.

Boca, River Plate, and I think Independiente is Argentinian, who's the rest?

The quality of the football in la Liga is much better and the players are more skilful.

the most amazing thing to happen since Man City - QPR 2012
the league is the most exciting and unpredictable in football, and i couldn't think of one i would want to watch more
honestly right now la liga is only really watched for ronaldo v messi, we're coming to the new age where even ligue 1 is becoming more interesting than it

Racing are part of the big five. My favourite team in Argentina

because nobody fucking cares to watch any la liga match unless barca and madrid playing

because english teams regularly get embarrassed by spanish teams in the CL

"MUH PARITY" was the only thing they had left, so they kept parrotting it until they actually believed it

And German teams get embarrassed by both

maybe, but i don't exactly walk around claiming my league is the greatest spectacle on earth at every given opportunity

also
youtube.com/watch?v=k9DcA2phCUg

Well you'd look a bit silly claiming that when only Bayern are capable of making the CL knockout stages. Not comparable to the PL where there are 5 teams good enough

Because SKY told them there was a big 6 and narrow-minded, football-hating brainlets like lap it up

You can make a strong case that having money is a good predictor of the future success of the club

The big 6 in epl are clearly better overall. If you ranked them all Barca and Halal stand atop while Atleti maybe a bit below Chelsea but the other 3 in La Liga would be below Spurs, Liverpool, and Arse. It still is pretty delusional how brits don't realize their league is as bad as La Liga in terms of parity. Leicester winning was a huge exception but besides that the EPL has always been a two horse race. Hell, Atletico won a league title more recently than United. EPL has recently been a competition between City and Chelsea. Peps on his way to turn the EPL into a one horse race as well.

To be fair a lot of that has to do with English players being overpriced. English teams are still worth more but the gap isn't as big when you consider how inflated prices for English players are. Its still pretty big though.

>tfw I wrote this post hours ago but forgot to submit

Big 6:
Newcastle United
Newcastle Falcons
Newcastle Eagles
Newcastle Diamonds
Newcastle Benfield
Newcastle Thunder

>plumber league
>good
LMAO

You got us mate. Good one

Sevilla, Valencia and Villarreal are the equivalent of Everton, Leicester and Burnley. Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs are the equivalent of Atletico.

River, Boca, Independiente, Racing and San Lorenzo.

quite delusional mate

TM market values are a pile of trash

come watch La Ligue 1 please we have 4 good clubs

Klopp's Liverpool unironically look like winning a league title or champions league within the next 3 years or so.

Remember when Leicester fooking destroyed Sevilla in the CL

>scouse expectations are finally slipping
>next three years la

>there are 5 teams good enough
And none will win it whereas Bayern has a higher chance of winning the CL over all EPLel shitters except City.

>remember when Leicester fooking refballed Sevilla in the CL

Not much of a socker dude but strictly from an odds perspective it was probably the most amazing thing to happen in the history of major sports in the world.

Books had the same odds that Barack Obama would play cricket for England after he left the White House as Leicester Coty winning the premiership to put in perspective how unlikely it was

don't tell me they were unironically taking bets on Barack Obama playing cricket for England

Seeing as Valencia just signed an Arsenal reject, I'd say it's pretty accurate.

any none englishman is fucking shite at footie we just entertain them

Premier league games are more entertaining, but they play so fast and disorganized that it makes you doubt if they really know how to play football, la liga benefits immensely from almost all of the spanish and portuguese speaking world

They will learn how the sport is played in spain, players don't develop in england unless they are a black athletic player, you are getting caught in the american disease of valueing athleticism over anything else imo

you could say the same thing about argentinian soldiers

>when the goalkeeper is the best player on the pitch but you still lose 5-1

>Real and Barça are expected to win all games besides El Clásico

So much bs in this post.

Also, pls dont call it "el clasico". It's fucking cringy, artificial plastic af name. It was never called like that until a decade or so the publicity/propaganda media started marketing with that name for the consume of the dumb foreign masses and some, not many, but some local retards that parroted it back and forth like the retards they are.

A bit like the anglos do with the meme of le big six, muh very tough to win league, and the rest of the masturbatory propaganda they parrot back and forth to try and justify/explain/take consolation from the fact they're a bunch of irrelevant losers and their league is a lot of overhyped shit.

Shut the fuck up fatty you don't know shit

Weren't you supposed to change your Australian flag to a fucking leaf or something?

When was the last time when Sevilla, Valencia or Villarreal?

Exactly.

this post nearly made sense but not quite.

K A N E
A
N
E

Just like Gerrard did

Fuck off retard, CL belongs to the cocks this year.

Go fuck a cactus.

Seriously, what the fuck is up with you cunts? Every fucking time you mention Liverpool or Gerrard the slip is always on your fucking minds, you're all fucking obsessed with one goal in history, wanking over your smug, despite most of you not even obtaining the title that season. We were fucking unlucky, that's all, we just happened to be in an ultra competitive season unlike almost no other - wrong place, wrong time. Oh but laugh at us. If it was any other club, you'd all be pondering what could have been, like an injuryless Ronaldo. But nope, because it's Liverpool, and we were getting emotional after a very stressful past couple of seasons, you laugh at us, and a club legend that stayed loyal and treated his supporters like family. You suck off Totti etc for being loyal, but Gerrard, who was one of the best midfielders of his generation, you give him undeserved shit.

Fuck, and you Chelsea fans are so fucking rich. Plastics, all of you. Before Russian money came in, what were you, a club with racist hooligans that purchased old successful players and often forgotten about. Mid-table club. "B-but we love Zola!" Yeah, sure you do, I can use Wikipedia as well. I'm going to assume you have a stiffy when you read about players that actually joined your fucking club before 2003, since it gives you more ammo to hide your shame into supporting a club solely for its success.

It's not fucking fair, it really isn't. Your obsession is just disingenuous and you'll never realise that. Go ahead, laugh at me but you'll know that everything I'm saying is true. Kill yourself

5 star shit posting here.

What retard put this thing together
>3 shades of blue

>has never used excel

You can still changed the colours

SEETHING.

It is overhyped, but still better than your shite.
Spanish teams have been getting dicked on this season simply for the fact, that for the first time in nearly a decade, the 4 strongest PL teams are in Europe again. Well 5, but you get the point.
This meme has to die. It is usually extremely boring and lacklustre to watch.
Says the flag that lost two world wars

See:

>chelsea, liverpool, united, city take a hike
>arsenal and tottenham choke

it's called Top 6 because Manure finished 6th last season

If Manure got relegated the FA would merge the Championship into the Prem

>freak result and irrelevant to the discussion because they aren't part of the big 6, not even after they won the league
implying Leicester are not part of the big 7

>It is overhyped, but still better than your shite
>"better"

I won't even bother posting that pic with number of trophies per league. Kek.
However it's true it's shit. Especially this year. It depends a lot on the season. Some are thrilling, some are complete shit. Also we tend to have clubs coming out of nowhere and doing well then fading away in one or two seasons. That's another difference with your league.

But generally speaking, yes it's shit. All leagues are shit desu. Who the fuck cares about Malaga vs Alaves kek?.

Yours is too. Even bigger of a pile if shit. A pretentious lot of shit build around marketing shitposting tactics to sell the overhyped shit product to singaporean retards. Le Hull vs le Watford, muh Premier League sir...

Top fucking lel. Your league is like your NT. Biggest fucking fraud ever.

Enjoy another season with 0 euro titles.

>this stupid trophies per league argument

That just means your top teams got money to spend. And you league is fucking trash, gypsy. Remember that time a fucking relegation threatened Leicester eliminated the mighty Sevilla? Fucking kek, and that was after that same Leicester topped their group, too. It's only Sup Forums that's dumb enough to think the premier league is shit. And speaking of frauds, you NT's party has been over for years.

>out in group stage in 2014
>fucking round of 16 exit against shitaly in 2016

Can't wait for your overhyped meme team to be exposed again. All it will take is meme counter attacks from Portugal and Morocco to eliminate you.

>That just means your top teams got money to spend.
Unlike English top teams, right?

>one team league
The absolute state of German football

Turn off the proxy Nigel, :)

Don't worry, your marketing network is still running well around the world. You could have another 10 yrs run of getting buttfuck in Yurop and still have plenty of singaporeans drooling "m-muh Premier League" XDDDDDDDD

And lots of moneys for the muricans, arabs and russians owners of your main clubs kek. KEK.

Being a fan of a fucking league... toppest fucking lel.

>premier league is over hyped
>best put my point over like an adult and not look like a childish butt hurt "watch our la liga, i promise you'll like it, Madrid changed thier badge to appeal to Muslims and we'll do what ever for short term foreign followers" cry baby.

Pathetic.

LEL

was intended for you, tiny tears.

>And lots of moneys for the muricans, arabs and russians owners of your main clubs kek. KEK.

>madrid removes Christian cross from badge

The absolute state of begging pakis to follow you and changing your history to suit. SAD.

>Manure finished 6th last season

Kek, I had forgotten this fact. Wha a joke club.

Biggest team in Island by miles though.

That cross was never iconic. It was tiny, you would have to look at it closer to notice it. Plus it wasn't even always part of the RM logo, which has changed over time many times, somewhat keeping the basics of the design though. And that cross wasn't a basic.

But I suppose making a big deal of that is the only thing left for you to come up with, since you guys cannot into win even with oil moneys, multimillionare american owners, russian oligarchs and Al-Etihad named stadiums XDDD.

Talking about sad sad things...

I have no idea about any argie teams other than River Plate, Boca and Newell's Old Lads and I'm not sure many brits would

>playing down Arab owners removing the Christian cross from the top spanish side's badge
LOL Damage control much!!!