American football

Y'all advertise to us the giga athletes but when I look at you talking to each other I see y'all idolizing the least physical and cerebral (y'all claim that) players, quarterbacks.

So what's the beef with football where all players have freedom to decide what to do and they can be cerebral? Y'all think that playing football at the highest level is just kicking the ball around but footballers have to be creative and create space. Generally there's a "playmaker" behind the guy who scores.

Football iq:
theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/04/barcelona-andres-iniesta-scope-embrace-brain-game-real-madrid
>Are we a step closer to being able to measure football IQ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBw1Zi6XZ7E
youtube.com/watch?v=4KZQ187--dM
youtube.com/watch?v=bHLrXMPBQ9s
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ8nl-b2V-I
youtube.com/watch?v=N6iRY22j0Xo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=aBw1Zi6XZ7E

>Quarterbacks aren't athletic

What is it with brazilians trying to justify their favorite sport? American football is probably the most tactical game in all of sports. You probably don't notice it, but quartebacks have to constantly be on alert and read the defence so they can be able to change the play accordingly. I don't play soccer or watch it that much but i'm willing to admit that it's a legitimate sport with it's own following. Why can't you do the same with American Football?

>I don't play soccer or watch it that much but i'm willing to admit that it's a legitimate sport with it's own following. Why can't you do the same with American Football?
I'm not shitting on American football though. I'm actually asking why can't Americans respect soccer in any way when they appreciate something similar in their own sports?

here is a good video to understand what quarterbacks do mentally.

youtube.com/watch?v=4KZQ187--dM

youtube.com/watch?v=bHLrXMPBQ9s

All things considered, he's got a surprising amount of muscle. He's almost 6'5".

People misunderstand me when I post these things. I'm not making fun of him. I'm actually using his success as an example to defend soccer because he has the physique of many soccer players. Pic related is 6 ft 4 inches

6'5"

6'3"

those guys have to do a lot more running around

It's boring to us. It's like furpuck, but womenly in nature. I'm not trying to be an ass, you asked.

so basically soccer is like american football except with 10 quarterbacks

Why do you talk like a ghetto American nigger

If soccer is womanly in nature (I don't see how) so is basketball.

This is what peak performance looks like

Lanklets are fucking disgusting

Agreed. NBA players are some pussy ass drama queens for sure. It's not boring though.

Even if they were the least physical player (they're not, kickers and punters are) there is very little argument against them being the most cerebral. Also, there are so few similarities between football and soccer that making an argument for similarity is grasping at straws.

soccer is way more popular among girls than it is among boys in this country.
i enjoy soccer more than american football but i'm not going to deny it's not looked at as manly.

a coworker saw me getting ready to play soccer in our locker room one day and he started asking me about soccer. he knew almost nothing about the sport. at one point i mentioned how a friend mine got hurt playing and he was like "people get injured playing soccer?"

>bunch of nogs running, shooting and stealing
>womanly

Retard, you just went full nigga.

>and he was like "people get injured playing soccer?"
I hear a strained vagina is a pretty common soccer injury.

JUST

>People get injured playing soccer?
Show him this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=KQ8nl-b2V-I

Actually many people have died playing soccer from heart stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=N6iRY22j0Xo

>manlets
SHORT PEOPLE GOT
NO REASON

actually, one of the few things that i like about womens soccer over mens soccer is that there is a lot less diving and feigning of injury. ironically, less pussy behavior. part of this, i believe, is due to the perception of women and the sport. its like they're aware of the fact that they're looked at as weak girls trying to play a contact sport, and the mentality to debunk that gets ingrained into them early on which affects how they play later. if you're a woman player who acts like a diva and flops around, you're seen as a traitor giving credence to a disgusting stereotype. whereas if you're a guy doing it you're more viewed as a crafty, opportunistic player willing to linger in the grey areas of sportsmanship in order to gain an advantage for your team.
women's soccer has a lot of aspects that i don't like but it's still an enjoyable sport to watch.

ouch

Because the scores aren't high enough. Americans like sports where the teams are constantly scoring. Football+Basketball+Baseball tend to be higher scoring games, no American has the patience to watch a game that ends in 0-1 half the time.

It gives more meaning to the scores for us that are used to it. Also stuff is happening before the goals. Many times teams come very close to scoring a lot but come short. It's very exciting in a game that means a lot. One goal has big meaning.

And because one goal can change a lot of things you get on the edge of your seat any time the opposing team comes near the goal.

I get it, but that's just not the American mentality friend. Americans are barely conscious half the time and need constant stimulation to stay focused.

a lot of it comes down to what people grow up on and become accustomed too.
the idea of one team sitting deep and trying to stop the attacking team from scoring while the attacking team keeps passing it around their center backs and full backs trying to find a hole is excruciating for americans to watch. they need fast cut action even if the action is constantly interrupted by commercials, timeouts, flags and injuries.

Do you think we don't know soccer involved playmaking?

Some do and some think it's just "kicking the ball around. Easiest shit ever"

Every goal in soccer is important, meanwhile a basket in basketball is only worth 2 or 3 points out of 90+. A goal can come anytime in the game in soccer meanwhile only the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter is worth watching in basketball