Greatest Hellraiser movie of the series. PROVE ME WRONG

Greatest Hellraiser movie of the series. PROVE ME WRONG.

2 > 1 > 3 >>> 4 >>>>>>> the rest

I'd switch 1 and 2 but this is mostly accurate

no

1 & 2 are the only good ones.

Hellraiser in space is just bonkers enough to be fun.
But the first two are staples of my spooktober movie marathon.

is 3 the one with the nightclub?

are they better than sex?

Pinhead acting giddy, and evil was enjoyable, even if he was out of character for him. The new psuedo-cenobites were also pretty interesting.

3 has that really hot girl in it. The black haired one.

Also Jadzia Dax from Deep Space Nine as the protagonist.

I want Terry Farrel to step on me

i only liked it because you actually saw Pinhead as a person, with some humanity for a little bit

Garak from DS9 is in Hellraiser 1. Dax is in Hellraiser 3.

What did they mean by this?

Nightclub girl became a milf

damn shes pretty
but what her toes like

I really thought Inferno was a great movie, but disappointing how the next one was the exact same thing.

Henry Cavill was in Hellworld. The cyberspace party one. 8 I think.

mmmmmmm

^p much this nothing can beat good ol´doc

his soliloquy just sell the movie as whole

Nightbreed>Hellraiser

Agreed.

Is anyone else here old enough to remember "the preview channel"? I remember being like 6 or 7 and watching the Hellraiser 3 trailer loop. It made it look awesome. Pinhead dialogue in the first 3 was always trailerworthy.

I can't take it seriously because of the cenobites, specifically CD Head.

CD-head is the best, what are you talking about?

Hellbound being good is a fucking meme. It turns the cenobites into huge pussies and completes ruins their entire existence

no, it's just that LEVIATAN is the GOAT

>They all job without even putting up a fight, except for Pinhead
>Female Cenobite, Butterball, and the original Chatters are gone for good, except in the comics but nobody reads those
Feels bad, man.

CD Head cenobite gave me legitimate lawlz

But the movie was horrible trash. Still watchable trash unlike everything else that came after it though.

Yes.

No.

Hellbound is a worthy sequel which, despite its ridiculous bits, has plenty of legit fairy-tale going on. there is a REALLY gruesome attic scene where you see loving detail of like a dozen corpses in a slow pan. Channard's study is a beautiful set. And the news characters are thin, yes, but we get the point. In the end, the girls vanquish the wicked demons and live happily ever after (even the commentary track acknowledges the weird implied lesbianism of the end).

correct

3 is kinda campy fun at least, but the rest are unwatchable dogshit

kari wuhrer is hot in deader tho, and the concept of hellseeker wasn't the worst, just the execution

New one looks like it's gonna be abject dogshit. Pic related.

It's directed by a makeup artist, and centers around the hell bureaucracy that judges sinners. One notable scene the producers thought was "great" features a bunch of old ladies licking somebody.

It's fucking weird that they keep making Hellraiser movies, but nobody tries to make one even halfway decent.

I don't hate the hell bureaucracy idea desu

he was superceded by DVDhead, then thumbdrivehead, then by microSSDhead, who wasn't anywhere near as scary.

>Nobody reads those

I do, user. It's the only way to get more Hellraiser that isn't direct to video trash. Admittedly, most of the ongoing stories aren't very good, but some of the one shots are just great. I really loved the Neil Gaiman story with the crossword version of the Lament Configuration.

>most of the ongoing stories aren't very good

they tried to turn Hellraiser into a fucking marvel superhero franchise, complete with by-the-numbers backstories for the 'heroes' and, jesus god, announcing what was happening in the middle of a fight. "he's.. throwing knives at me! must... dodge! unh!"

i hope marc mclauren is living in a cardboard box right now.

i, too, read them because they were the only hellraiser content around, but i put them away for a long time, recently found them again and then threw them all out.

3 tries too hard to be mainstream. 2 is the legit best one. The one with the David Boreanaz look alike is decent.

>2 is good
am i in bizarro world

He would be so easy to kill. All you would have to do is lure him into a giant microwave.

Compared to the other seven sequels it's a masterpiece.

>The Cenobites Pinhead helps create are also the dumbest.
Really makes you think.

1 needs no introduction. 2 is equally as good, it's a perfect sequel. It greatly expands on the mythology of the original film. Everything we see is completely different but feels like a natural expansion of the universe. We get to see the Cenobite's realm, how they were created and their God. You need to temper your expectations though. 2 is extremely goofy and silly, the Channard Cenobite quips every time he's onscreen. It's still awesome, but you have to prepare for a step from serious horror to goofy horror.

3 devolves Pinhead to a generic slasher villain. He has no rules, he's free from Hell, most of the movie is him and his army of Cenobites roaming city streets killing everyone in sight. Having said that it's entertaining as fuck. Not a good movie, but you'll be thoroughly entertained.

4 is very ambitious and would've been great if they were allowed to stick to the original script. Set across three different time periods, 1796, 1996 and 2127 (in space). But the film comes out as a complete mess because of how badly the studio interfered with the production. To the point where it's literally impossible to understand what the fuck is going on. Watch it to see a mess teasing you with brief moments of intriguing ideas. To understand what the fuck you just saw you literally have to read a fan synopsis on the internet.

5 and 6 being good movies is probably the shittiest Sup Forums meme in existence.

Although 7 wasn't even a Hellraiser movie to begin with, it pitches an interesting premise. A cult are trying to perform a ritual to take control of the Cenobite's realm. Great set-up, but unfortunately they do nothing with it. You watch a journalist walking around investigating the cult for 90 minutes then Pinhead kills the cult at the very end. Boring as fuck, wasted potential.

8 plays out as a generic modern slasher. Group of friends exploring a building, Cenobites show up and kill them one by one. Boring, garbage, etc Maybe worth watching for Lance Henrickson as the villain and based Henry Cavill as one of the kids.

9 is horrendous. Doug Bradley was replaced. I'm not anal pained about them swapping Bradley for someone else, Pinhead CAN be played by someone else, he's under so much makeup and his voice is so easy to imitate they don't need to rely on Bradley. But at least get a dude who's head isn't the shape of a fucking mushroom. This is basically the first movie on a lower budget with worse acting, dialogue and atrocious production values.

The thing is with the Hellraiser world, it's one of few horror series that actually deserves a million sequels. The lore is fascinating and is ripe with possibilities but they were satisfied with putting no effort into the sequels and making them generic horror movies. 2, 4 and 7 are the only ones that make an effort to expand on the lore, but even with 7 they don't captialise on it as they should have. Why not have different factions of Cenobites being put against each other?

Having said that 10 seems to be doing something interesting with the lore, even if it does turn out to be shit.

>Watch Hellraiser
>Hellraiser guy is barely in it
Lol