Jackie Chan > Bruce Lee

yeah I said it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zFvOI-NMgrs
youtube.com/watch?v=aS4Vfh9xlyE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jackie Chan > Sonny Chiba > Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee was nothing special desu

I'm a hong kong action cinema expert who has seen over 300 kung fu movies and has written literally thousands of analyses of martial arts choreography and I'm here to tell you that Bruce Lee was seriously fucking bad and there exist no continuous sequences of moves in his entire filmography, it's packed full of cutting and doubling.

Bruce does do a few cool moves here and there, but it's always one move per shot. You can't prove otherwise because the choreography is nonexistent. One move per shot isn't choreography

>bruce lee was nothing special
>martial arts actor who revolutionised actual martial arts
>nothing special
kek.

>martial arts actor
>revolutionised actual martial arts

Those are two different skills and since we're talking about Sup Forums we are talking about the first one.

You've called the greatest martial artist of our generation nothing special because you've got literally no fucking clue what you are saying.

Bruce Lee was an actual combatant not an over glorified stuntman.

you are right about bruce lee, but jackie chan isn't an over glorified stuntman kek, if anything he is a properly glorified stuntman!

Jackie Chan == American hating Chinese nationalist

Bruce Lee == American hero and good will ambassador to China

I don't know how people still seriously debate this. Jackie Chan was better than Bruce Lee in pretty much every single movie he made. Unless we're not talking about their caliber as actors, in which case that's irrelevant because Jackie Chan never claimed to be compete against Bruce Lee in anything but cinema.

Bruce was a better fighter, but who gives a shit? Jackie was a much better actor, stuntman, director and has a filmography that puts every other action star to shame. No one even comes close to Jackie, no one.

If we're not talking about movies then why are we comparing actors?

Bruce Lee lost to Wong Jack Man and also was a huckster who tried to sell magical martial arts which defied physics as real to a primitive populace.

Basically a parallel to the carnivals that spawned pro-wrestling. Bullshido. There is no such thing as a one-inch punch, btw: this is physics talking, not me

I'd rather have a glorified stuntman in a movie where the focus is on stunts. Stay mad.

Bruce Lee was beholden to the Triads and him and his son died because of it

>There is no such thing as a one-inch punch, btw: this is physics talking, not me

If you want to be an asshole, you should probably know what you are talking it; It's been extensively tested, and is actually physically possible.

So yes, you are talking out of your ass. Sucks to be you right now.

>martial arts movies have a focus on stunts
Where it all went wrong, desu.

Is martialkino dead?

Let's see you do it. Let's meet and try to one-inch punch one another. I dare you to fucking post your name and address right now. Let's have a throwdown, expert.

Jackie's choreography was a quantum leap in action film making, it's not even close.

Meanwhile everyone can only appreciate Lee's speed in how LITTLE the camera could follow his movement or how wooden his stance would look because he was so precise. It's great for a tournament, it's not good for a movie.

I've seen demonstrated the one inch punch by a man called samuel kwok. Smashed a walnut.

It actually works, but it's little more than a parlor trick

there, that's it. That's the "great" secret.

>holy shit

>if some loser shitposting on Sup Forums can't do an extremely arduous martial arts move, it must be physically impossible to do
Good argument

Nobody is going to disagree with this statement. It's uncontroversial and 100% true.

sammo HUNG > all

So is Jackie Chan good? Who was the best?

JC is a better movie actor, BL is a better martial artist. Both achieved great things in their respective fields of expertise.

Bruce Lee was handsome. Hackie Chan isn't

This is the only difference.

The bullshit about Bruce Lee being a good martial artist is fucking laughable.

Bruce Lee was cool. Jackie chan is a dork.

kek

in reality bruce was the dork while jackie went around slaying pussy and pissing dorks off.

drunken master 2 > every movie by bruce lee combined

also jackie chan is a chinese nationalist. pretty based

He probably wasn't nearly as good as people say he was, but he was definitely a good martial artist.

>all these millennials that grew up thinking "Le Burce Lee is awsum XD

back to R eddit all of you

He also smokes, drinks, and beats women.

/our guy/

Jackie Chan = Marvel
Bruce Lee = DC

>slaying pussy
Getting whores knocked up and refusing to acknowledge his illegitimate children you mean?

>He probably wasn't nearly as good as people say he was
Yeah, he "probably" wasn't, because his persona was complete fiction controlled by organized crime gangs and his wife and literally nothing about it was real.

Kill yourself

>millenial

How dare you i am generation x master race and i say bruce lee was fucking cool and jacki chan is a circus act

underrated post

but Bruce Lee is the best Kato

Are the people who post on Sup Forums literally retarded?

I sometimes feel as if I'm casting pearls before swine.

>because his persona was complete fiction controlled by organized crime gangs and his wife and literally nothing about it was real.
This literally has nothing to do with what I said. You're that one guy that has to prove how knowledgeable he is. No one cares, fuck off fag.

It has everything to do with what you said. Bruce Lee lost in a fight to Wong Jack Man and it was covered up and lied about.

Bruce Lee was a failure as a martial artist. He spouted a lot of philosophical nonsense but could not masterfully execute techinques he claimed to have mastered. This is fact, whether you spout insults at me or not.

>Jackie is getting old
>Jet is getting old
>Donnie is getting old
>no one has even come close to replacing them
RIP in peace martial arts genre

how do i get these lats senpaitachi

i already said he pissed dorks off

Jason Statham

Several people who have been posting here nightly for years, even a decade, and proudly retarded, yes.

Train like an insane person until you injure yourself and die from an allergic reaction to pain meds after being discharged from a hospital

How about Tony Ja?

is it really that easy?

>boyka dude
>the raid dude
hopefully iron fist brings the martial arts hype back

>hopefully iron fist brings the martial arts hype back

>Scott Adkins fans
Is it one guy or what? Dude is so fucking bland.

He lost a fight to another martial artist, so he's not a good martial artist? K. You're clearly autistic, please don't ever (You) me again.

the problem with tony jaa and the dude from the raid is that they only do one style of martial arts which gets repetitive

Supposedly Jaa's engrish is pretty bad too

Fuck, a UFC-watching millenial replied to me.

Look up "honor" on Siri or whatever the fuck you use to hypnotize yourself.

Is this copypasta now

Jackie english was atrocious.

This it's a problem, mastering several styles it's key for this movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=zFvOI-NMgrs

Perhaps you're trolling, but just in case you're not, I know from first hand connections that Bruce Lee was constantly feuding with his directors about the cinematography of the fight scenes in his movies, all the way up to Enter the Dragon. Bruce specifically wanted long shots with few cuts to allow the audience to take in the choreography. However, this was not the style at the time, and every director he worked with insisted on close shots with fast cuts to make the audience feel like they were in the action. They would always reach a compromise, of course, but had Bruce lived, it's almost certain he would have gotten into directing and filmed his choreographed fights the way he thought it should be viewed. Glad to share this info and clear things up, senpai.

People love his battle cries, fashion sense, and usage of nun-chunks too.

>Meanwhile everyone can only appreciate Lee's speed in how LITTLE the camera could follow his movement or how wooden his stance would look because he was so precise. It's great for a tournament, it's not good for a movie.
You were memed my friend, sorry

You type like a redditor so fuck off.

14 Branchland Court, Ruckersville Virginia

Come at me faggot.

Sad to hear that Bruce Lee was killed by Har Tay Tac

If you want a better idea of how Bruce Lee wanted to do films, you can see the recovered Game of Death segment.

youtube.com/watch?v=aS4Vfh9xlyE

If you want to just skip to documentary, it starts around 1:01:00

>criticising the purest widespread form of martial arts competition
Haha what

Put him against Ali in his prime and we'll see.

To be a good martial artist you need to actually fight and win fights against other martial artists.

His *wind up*,*cut*,*cut*,*cut*, *punch*, *cut*,*cut*,*cut* - techique is trully out of this world.

>Bruce Lee was an actual combatant

No. He was a skilled bodybuilder and showman but that was basically it. His martial arts experience was mostly limited to film stunts, philosophy and theory. He never competed in any kind serious, organized martial art or combat sport contest at any real level. He would have gotten pummeled by any elite boxer or wrestler of that era, much less any modern day MMA fighter.

It was a cut above the rest.