Iron Fist

>Critics praise everything Marvel unequivocally despite very identifiable flaws.
>Suddenly a Marvel show comes along that isn't painfully PC and doesn't kowtow to the demands of the so-called "fans" and make drastic changes to the source material. Conveniently, the critics start coming up with other reasons to hate it like calling it slow or calling the action bad even though the real reason they're mad is because it's a white guy doing kung fu.

Really raises some eyebrows.

And so does the fact that they claim to be fans but are demanding drastic changes to the source material. You can tell these critics are people who don't even read comics and just follow Marvel movies because it's "hip." I also question why Marvel has been impervious to criticism until now while DC hasn't, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/_/search/filename/ 1301782561797/
youtube.com/watch?v=Uue7gH4kS10#t=02m38s
deadline.com/2017/03/iron-fist-finn-jones-returns-to-twitter-diversity-exchange-netflix-marvel-defenders-1202037981/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why is he called iron fist if his fist just starts glowing and doesn't turn into iron?

>and make drastic changes to the source material.

For the worse.

It IS slow and the action IS bad though.

That writing is pretty cool.

Really says a lot that people focus on the "white savior" stuff and not the cool writing.

>haven't seen any criticism of the show for not being PC enough because I don't frequent clickbait sources
>Sup Forums somehow manages to propagate their viewpoint anyway by constantly complaining about their complaining
Am I being viral tricked or are you lot just dumb?

It doesn't matter whether it is or not. The point is that they wouldn't be saying that if they had cast an Asian guy as Danny, even if it were otherwise the exact same show. They are pointing out the flaws solely because he is white. That's the kind of people they are.

A lot of the early Iron Fist run is pretty good, especially the Claremont era. I suggest giving it a read. If anything, it'll make you understand how much cooler the show could have been if they followed his origin a little closer.

Because it implies when he powers up his fist, it's as strong as iron. Which obviously is not that strong, but that's because when comics and heroes were first made they all used unimaginative measures like that. Like superman is still called the man of steel, even though his strength and endurance is obviously vastly stronger than steel, comparing him to steel doesn't even begin to describe him realistically, but that's what they intended originally. Same as iron fist, his powered up fist is actually way stronger than mere iron.

Not even sure what you're on about.

This show isn't great, no matter what nationality the actors are.

>i don't look at places where SJW people complaining
>i've seen none of these SJW complaints, are you guys tricking me or am i retarded?
Hmm....

thread
>people unironically defending a kung fu series with shitty fighting scenes filled with cuts

Reminder pajeet wrote this to trick those with polreddit sensibilities into watching this garbage.

You didn't understand the post you responded to, just so you know.

The tv show does not have cool writing though
not even close

My point, is that the critics didn't have anything negative to say about Luke Cage even though it had its flaws, just because the protagonist is a black guy.

It's like Danny being white gave them an "excuse" to let it all out on Iron Fist without feeling racist. Because, as you know, it's apparently impossible to be racist to a white person.

>polreddit
t. neo-neo Sup Forums reddit tourist

Molten Iron glows orange.

Marvel has been pandering to mentally unstable leftist comic book fans for years, they brought this on themselves.

tv show danny is a massive cuck.

holding your comments and being nice to someone based on their skin color is racism.

blacks are either too stupid to notice or aware of it and taking advantage.

I think their comics that pander to leftists are not selling well and hopefully this means that Marvel will stop caring about them. A lot of them have been cancelled i think

Nigger or no nigger, Luke Cage is a good show. Great action, interesting characters played by good actors, realistic dialogue but still goofy enough to remind you it's capeshit. Iron Fist has literally none of that, except it still reminds you it's capeshit.

I never assume stupidity. In a situation like this you KNOW they are smarter than us.

That's true for the first half of the season, then you hit the second half of the season where it stops being good.

I'm white and the show is bad.

But I know you're really a Marvelshill who thinks we're stupid enough to fall for your bullshit, that's why I downloaded it through torrent.

And it's every bit as shitty as the critics say.

>I'm white
Are you really? Or are you another mongrel that came to the site because of the ele-
desuarchive.org/_/search/filename/ 1301782561797/

I always assume whatever will result in maximum overkill if I'm wrong.

The weak should fear the strong.

All memes aside, animals can get trained to manipulate their man made environment for food, thinking humans are any different is a subtle deception.

No I'm white and came because

Luke Cage's brother chewing screen time was amusing though.

It was shitty, but a lot of other marvel tv shows had the same flaws.

Lmao at torrenting a Netflix when you already have Netflix. This is like stealing water when you can get some from your sink.

I shouldn't bother, but how? Who does he get cucked by? Bakuto? Considering she betrays Bakuto to get with Danny despite Bakuto having been her master for much longer, Danny is, as Bryan Cranston would say, the one who cucks.

Iron Fist would have been a million times better if it had Red Hot Chili Peppers music.

You cannot deny this.

>get iron fist power
>leave the passage on emotional bitch quest
>fight like complete shit at every chance
>breaks celebacy vow
>discover hand exists
>doesn't make bee-line to wreck their shit
>hand catches wind you're not holding down the fort
>tricks you into forefitting most honorable duel
>let down senpai
>get baited by old lady
>job on several more occasions to the hand to be saved by team diversity
>be forced to fight childhood friend from kun-lun because he's pissed off you're a soft bitch boy
>return home to have a darkside phil moment when you learn that instead of kun-lun there is a massive gaping hole in the fucking mountain because the hand attacked while you were busy roleplaying as a rich kid

DSP is the WOOOW guy, right? How does he relate to that?

the sentiments are identical, clueless fuckboy who makes a mess of shit then acts surprised at the outcome which was very obvious to everybody watching and then pushes the blame onto something else.

Would be cool in this if wards Arc takes him to be a true friend to Danny while joy gets darker and darker

Danny is complete dog shit of a character.
Iron fist is not as bad as critics make it out to be, but, Danny is one fo the worst thing about it.
A few examples:
In the plane to china, danny and nuse talk about revenge, and he says he trained 15 yeas and is in complete control of his emotions and body, 10s later he is pissing his pants with fear.
He has a clebacy vow, cmpleatly bakes it with the jap/chink girl.
trained in a space monastery, has less skill than a chink/jap girl in NY.
in almost every episode he fails a character.

This show is shit and if you defend it you're a pleb with bad taste

ohh yea the soundtrack is absolute garbage, some shitty rap.

Oh yeah, that makes sense.
They should have actually gotten him as Danny.

>calls it shit
>posts a webm that's actually pretty fucking cool
???

>implying I have Jewflix

Pleb confirmed

The irony of a tripfag calling anyone else a pleb.

Hahaha, then you're completely irrelevant to how well it performed anyway, you dumb nerd.
You really shouldn't have admitted that, now you look REALLY stupid.

What the heck is going on here?

Oh my god you nu wave SJWs are so fucking cringey. This show sucks. Get over it.

>cringey
Stop.
Reddit time.

Cuts are not inherently a bad thing. When will this meme end?

Can we just have an SJW Holocaust already? Would anyone be opposed to it?

Do it yourself, stop being a pussy.

You have to go back

>people defending fagrenly are the ssme people upset that aquaman is played by momoa

Are marlel polcucks the lowest test?

>15 years of training

First retarded marvel hero, so progressive.

Uh, this show is kino, the fuck is going on

I would because killing people over their stupid opinions is bad. You might as well go out and start punching people because you thought they were a nazi.

>one guy can do the Holocaust on his own
What?

Fuck everyone's politics

Is this show worth a watch?

posting this in every netflix marvel thread

Like BvS it will gradually come to be seen as an underrated classic by those of us with heightened tastes.

what kungfu stance is that ? fist should be next to the chest, feet ahould form a triangle

What are you some kind of cuck?

How hard is it to try a single episode and find out?
I gave it a shot because I heard it was getting a poor reception, thought "Huh, that was actually pretty fun. What the hell are they on about?" and proceeded to watch the rest.

Did you finish the entire season?
I only have like 6 hours of free time this week

>First retarded marvel hero
Uh, Ant-Man? Duh?

>posting this in every netflix marvel thread
how honest and brave dc shill robot you are

probably not. Im on ep 9 and im hating he MC more and more.

I've not seen this show before
The lead can't even kick properly!
And the editing... I know its cool to slate modern action editing, but this really is dogshit!

Yes. If I had to pick something to criticize it's that it's maybe a little longer than it needs to be, but I still liked it. Ward's voice and Gao's trolling make it worth experiencing.

You should at least give the first episode a try. I feel like it's one of those shows where you can know if it's gonna be your kind of thing from one or two episodes. If you don't dig it, don't feel the need to bother watching the rest.

I like the shows but that image cracks me up because it's completely true.

Thanks m8, i'll give it a go. I guess if it does get boring i can finish studying in the background, but i hate watching shows halfassed like that.

I was more annoyed by the liberties they took with his backstory (pretty much anything relating to Kun-Lun) than anything else. It really didn't need 13 hours though. I have no idea why they didn't just make it shorter. It was okay, but only due to the combination of Harold, Ward whenever he's in the room with one other person, and Coleen's ass. Also Davos being his childhood rival instead of his father's makes basically no sense. How is Davos even speaking English with this timeline?
For many fight scenes they just come off as distracting. For it was clearly just to make it seem more frantic, but for most of them it just takes me out of the show. Also people just expect the same effort they put into Daredevil

Made me laugh but I don't get it, I don't watch these capeshit shows.

episode 1 is solid

Huh? I actually both Danny and Aquaman's casting.

Critics are bred of the same tiny, vocal minority retards. Nobody actually listens to them, especially for TV.
They are apart of an industry that is dying which they are killing themselves.

>Daredevil had fucking great action scenes
>Jessica Jones' lead could not do action scenes at all, so there was nothing there
>Luke Cage's lead, even though he looked like a proper Luke Cage, played everything really stiff and looked really fucking awkward whenever he did anything, but the Bring da Ruckus scene was still fun. Even though the lead just awkwardly walked around and lots of shoddy cuts and wire pulls to make him look powerful.

>Think Iron Fist will just be pure kung fu bliss
>They'll pour all of the budget and creativity into some really badass kung fu action setpieces
>See that the actor they cast as the lead doesn't have any physical presence whatsoever
>The lead actor is the least capable of performing in good action scenes

I'm pretty fucking sad. I love Iron Fist, I've kept a few of the old comics on my desk at work for years now. I wasn't even looking for something super technical or intricate for the choreography, but I really wanted something that felt like people were getting their shit absolutely rocked by an iron hard chi fist.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uue7gH4kS10#t=02m38s

It's not exactly difficult to understand even if you don't watch them.
Rosario Dawson is in every single Marvel Netflix show, along with all the other things in the picture.

The superhero shit Netflix has put out in recent years has generally been pretty damn good, something about this one just felt off though. Felt more like watching Power Rangers with the odd gory scene here and there than it did Daredevil, which struck a much better balance between cheesy and gritty. Some spectacularly lazy writing and poor casting decisions as well, I didn't buy the little 20 year old Asian girl as the superninja dojo master for a second. Also
>sensei

I honestly believe the budget was just being stretched pretty thin by the time they got to Iron Fist, so they didn't have the luxury to make action scenes as fancy as they could have. Which is a shame, because it's the show where that's most important.

I hope that they'll have a much higher budget for the next season, so that they'll be able to deliver in that regard. I mean, either way I expect them to learn from the criticism.

>The superhero shit Netflix has put out in recent years has generally been pretty damn good.
Not really. Compared to other superhero television, yeah.
But even Daredevil, which I consider probably the best of the Netflix series, is mediocre with only some shining moments of greatness.
Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are also just straight up garbage, like Iron Fist. The only difference is the main characters are a woman and a black guy so it becomes over praised and overrated which ultimately hurts it because people have accepted less than mediocre television while Iron Fist will take on the criticism and try to improve.

>while Iron Fist will take on the criticism and try to improve.
That's optimistic. Ideally a bad response would mean they step it up, but there's also the possibility of them just letting the character die die, cranking the next season out even cheaper, or just letting it fade into obscurity instead of ever having a second season. I have no idea on how netflix decides on renewing seasons though, and I'm guessing it's too early for there to really be any news about that on Iron Fist

Well they're pretty much trapped unless The Defenders also sucks shit because thanks to that show they have to keep Danny around no matter what. They're basically forced to improve.

I love this show

why are (((they))) trying to kill it

Anyone else think Iron Fist in the comics looks like the Dread Pirate Roberts?

That's a compliment though. That is one of my favorite movies.

>15 years intense kung fu training in a mystery pocket dimension.
>Aaaah he has a knife Daredevil save me!

I'm sure at least a few people have mockingly called him Zoro by now, and it's basically the same outfit

>or calling the action bad
it is bad. all the netflix marvel shows after DD s1 have been a huge step down in action scenes, especially the fight scenes

>plebs not being able to separate the legitimate criticism of the cinematics/writing from the obvious race-baiting coming from radical SJW hucksters

deadline.com/2017/03/iron-fist-finn-jones-returns-to-twitter-diversity-exchange-netflix-marvel-defenders-1202037981/

The shit that Finn Jones had to put up with on his Twitter was fucking embarassing. The entire existence of these so-called "cyber activists" hinges on guilty cucks buying into their narrative. Fuck source material and the fact that we're in Western civilization, let's just replace every white actor with a POC and be done with it.

Why is he called Iron Man if he's not literally made of iron? Why is he called Spider-Man if he doesn't turn into a spider?

It was an awful show though

Ward was probably the best character in it

I'd fucking hate them to yellow-wash danny with an asian actor but it meant getting someone who was actually competent at fight choreography then maybe they should have

kys my dude

if you enjoyed the fight scenes in iron fist, i suggest you immediately blow your brains out, finn jones was terrible

how about we film the ass beating I'm about to lay on you and then you can rate it from the hospital

fuck off finn jones, i could crush you

She's still hot. Especially considering she has three kids, all born when she was like 35-42

Oh man, the banter. It's like watching Iron Fist.