You're the man now, dog!

>You're the man now, dog!
I see why this became a meme now. The sound mixing on that particular line is so weird and jarring that it really stands out.

youtube.com/watch?v=1hMMUJ2Gn7Y

How do things like this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

baumanletters.ytmnd.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=rkvDLuLtjNA
youtube.com/watch?v=tXcgt6l_LcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Would you like to see the ruins my friend?

it was also in the commercials and trailers so it was the only thing people remembered

Whatever happened to that website?

YTMND introduced me to Sup Forums in 2005, good times. They used to have a YTMND forum and I remember someone linked to Sup Forums and the rest is history. It was great back in the day though, I haven't been there in years though and I'm honestly surprised it even still exists.

Also PTKFGS > YTMND >>>> Yes... YES!

It's still around.

Yeah, I basically got into Sup Forums the same way. YTMND was basically just Sup Forums memes reposted with sound anyway.

I was the same

those were good times

>good times
Weren't they though?

We were never that young...

Good times.

It became a meme because it was in the commercials, no one actually saw it.

Also it looks like it was dubbed after as we don't see him actually say it.

i will forever be grateful to this film because it showed me that when i am chilling at home aka every moment of my sad life i should be wearing socks inside out so the inner stitching around the toes is on the outside for extra comfort.

it's the little things, you know?

>it's a generation z searches the internet for old memes episode

>wearing socks inside out so the inner stitching around the toes is on the outside for extra comfort.

Wait what

Youtube happened. Now people can share videos online without needing to run a server or using ytmnd's clunky gif/MP3 mashup.

>Punch-Out actually had a song called "Nigga Stole My Bike"
How did they get away with this?

There's no difference in the line aurally, maybe connery's grizzle voice, that's it

it really is more comfortable that way. the stitching isn't on the inside annoying you then.

it changed my life. and by that i mean i don't have much of a life.

you're the man NOW DAWG

holy shit that sounds so weird. Newgrounds, YTMND, Something Awful, Albino blacksheep and World of Warcraft forums were my favorite websites back in that era

Yeah, I started at YTMND first too and found about this place from there. Some of their memes people would mention came from Sup Forums, although obviously YTMND had its own roster of memes like NEDM etc.

It was, in my view, equal to Sup Forums as far as really innovating the new kind of meme culture that was emerging. That was where I first got really interested in memetics and memes.

>The sound mixing on that particular line is so weird and jarring that it really stands out.

Yeah it really does jump out in a weird, meme-y kind of way, similar to how all of CIA's lines sound surreal and like distinct meme chunks.

>it changed my life. and by that i mean i don't have much of a life.
This is perhaps the most 4chanesque line I have ever read.

Really? You're going to name CIA and not Bane when everything Bane says has this weird echo as if it's not coming out of any person's mouth but is instead some divine voice speaking down to you from the heavens?

In its heyday YTMND was superior to Sup Forums but after Goldberg started bowi g to companies that threatened the site (PEZ 4 hitler, AT&T 4 MoonMan) I switched over to Sup Forums entirely, and I guess YTMND started going down hill while I was away.

The last memes I remember seeing from that site were HORSE DICK and Lazy Town shit.

You have a point. Bane's voice is SO absurd the way it's mixed. CIA's has an otherworldly, off quality too but Bane's voice sounds like he's in the room with you rather than in the movie or something.

same, came to Sup Forums via Sup Forums after the shoe on head livejasmin raid.

>the softest part of socks is the outside
Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?

aesthetics, I guess.

A E S T H E T I C S

S O C C

That was the one that really made the site blow up. At one point it had more views than like every other ytmnd combined.

I've never seen this movie before, but it's odd because just today I accidentally put my socks on inside out and was amazed at how comfy they were.

I remember all the drama over Ebaums World stealing it.

Why is Ebaums such a piece of shit? EVERYONE hates that fucking site.

And the icing on the cake is that Bauman had the audacity to send these fucking emails:
baumanletters.ytmnd.com/

You can thank morphogenetic fields for that.

Don't worry, Neil cicierega defeated them through protest song.

youtube.com/watch?v=rkvDLuLtjNA

>anti-Jew sentiment was going strong even 10 years ago

Good times.

It's insane thinking that started going to that site almost a decade ago. Fuck I'm old.

Fuck man, 2007 was around the time I migrated from YTMND to here!

So what's everyone's opinion on the actual film?

Fuck off, this is an opportunity to reminiscent old, better times. Don't ruin it.

But the film IS from those old better times.

Smarter.

As other anons have mentioned, not a lot of us likely saw the movie, but we do remember the commercial for the movie with that quote. Which says a lot more about our sensibility now and how memes have developed, what has stuck out for us.

What's weird for me is I remember seeing the movie (because I've always been a huge fan of Sean Connery) but I don't remember a thing about it.

Man, it was so long ago that I think I rented it on VHS from Blockbuster.

anti-jew sentiment is of all times, user

It's one of the oldest - nay, most ancient - memes.

Anti-Jew sentiment is a Jewish conspiracy.

GOAT sound mixing right here:
youtube.com/watch?v=tXcgt6l_LcA

it's because he said it in the trailer and it sounded retarded

I haven't seen this movie in a while but I remember enjoying it. It's pretty good, right? Just from this clip alone Connery seems to put in a great performance.

I vaguely remember it being a heartwarming story about a friendship between an old man and a black kid.

Geh.

I love how Bane says PLANE

It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plane.

Fuck Neil Cicirega

I love busine.