How did Gotham survive the resulting Tsunami?

How did Gotham survive the resulting Tsunami?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SuTLMp6Ytw
youtube.com/watch?v=nK056dWK7ts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

user...

>Questioning a non event in imagination land.

More importantly how did Bruce survive the explosion?
I don't see how he could have at all. Was alfred just imagining things?

>Was alfred just imagining things?
Oh boy here we go...

It didn't. Part 4 will be announced soon.

Batman vs. Poseidon: Dawn of Atlantis

"YOU THINK WATER IS YOUR ALLY?"

Like the time he was mumbling about a tangerine forest?

First it was 4.2 on Richter scale. 4.2 MW is just unit of energy.
I don't think the bomb would have caused a tsunami though - it may have caused huge waves but they wouldn't have reached Gotham.
The Bomb was capable of destroying 6 mile radius area. So assuming that bomb was dropped 6 miles away from Gotham in the ocean, the water would have absorbed much energy and say the effect would have been reduced by an additional 1 or 2 miles. (The energy is constant, the effect of exploding in water doesn't make a difference)
Also I would like to quote from a very good article from "Geology in Motion":
>This means that the power of the tsunami along that shoreline was about 1.3 *10^12, or 1.3 petawatts.
(1 petawatt is 109 MW or (1000000000 MW), easily many times the bombs dropped in Hisroshima and Nagasaki combined.)
And this was the energy of the waves at the coastline in Japan, Just imagine the energy at the point where it was created.
Although I accept the effect of nuclear explosion under water would have been very serious as it would have caused the entire water to get contaminated by nuclear radiation. All marine life would have died in many mile radii and still thousands of people would have been affected.

I never got the tangerine meme

lol nerd

There would not be a Tsunami

Obviously he fucking died, it's why Affleck took up the mantle.

why didn't bane just crash his bat plane into gotham

he jumped out and surfed the small tsunami back to the city

Back in the day there was extensive tests as to whether atomic bombs could caus destructive tsunamis. They result of the studies was that the best way to get it done was to target underwater cliffs so that the displacement of falling rock would trigger a wave. The other way to get a big semicicle of bombs and synchronise the explosions. Both ways require a lot of luck and terrain that favours you.

TL:DR Bikini Atoll was devestated and made un-inhabitable by radiaton, not water displacement.

It wasn't part of his plan

The "Burma" story is hyperbole, and nobody in North America knows what a tangerine is.

He just wanted to sound cool to Bruce, and it worked. Alfred can even say that he was former SAS and Bruce would swallow it up like a tangerine.

Nuke tsunamis don't travel very far. Also it blew up well above the water.

An explosion, the size of a tangerine

I love when we pretend to be retarded, ahahaah

>The "Burma" story is hyperbole, and nobody in North America knows what a tangerine is.
What? How does that prove that the story was fake?

youtube.com/watch?v=6SuTLMp6Ytw

Atomic bombs cant move tectonic plates so, it didnt happen

He wanted to wow Bruce that the stolen gems were the size of tangerines. But his point of reference is too obscure for an average Amerifat, and Bruce had to save face by just nodding every detail of the story.

That's not how it was intended at all. Nolan probably just forget that burgers don't know what tangerines is

You guys are forgetting the most important question.

........................Bane?

Fucking knowyourmeme will probably make an entry that says this video is the origin of the tangerine meme because it was uploaded in 09.

Fuck this gay earth.

What tangerine meme?

>caused the entire water to get contaminated by nuclear radiation

Not necessarily, as the movie can't seem to decide what kind of bomb it is, alternately referring to it as a "fusion bomb", "nuclear bomb", "neutron bomb" etc.

These would all produce varying levels of nuclear contamination.
As I understand, a "neutron bomb" is designed to kill people but leave buildings and infrastructure relatively intact, and presumably would leave less radiation as well.

Had he used apples or lemons Bruce would definitely raised an eyebrow, so Alfred resorted to trickery and just said tangerines, which he knew Bruce will overlook.

There were no Burmese Jokers, and the gems were most likely just paper money, which are completely worthless to Karen tribals.

The one that's from Sup Forums, the meme factory.

Not him but as I understand its a myth that nukes contaminate areas with radiations after an explosion. Also water is one of the best radiations shields ever. Its why reactors use it as coolants.

What bollocks

aye

Yes, that's why Bruce believes it so. He was already dead set on finding the Joker he'll believe anything.

But like ... why? It makes no sense narratively for Alfred to invent that story, it wasn't to motivate Bruce to go and get the Joker or anything, it was just a half-arsed attempt at psychology

It made no sense for him to introduce it to Bruce in the first place. It didn't tie in to anything in the movie. Alfred made it up to temper Bruce by making himself appear wise.

>Hey master Bruce did you know I had this exact same dillema in Burma years ago, it involves rubies and tangerines.

In the end Alfred didn't diluge anything of importance to Bruce. No tactical knowledge, strategies, even his attempt of a parralel story is pretty laughable.

because hes baitman XDD

>nuclear depth charge
>when you know there's a submarine somewhere in the distance but you can't be assed to use regular depth charges because mom said the chicken tendies are almost done

>It didn't tie in to anything in the movie.
Yes it did. "Some men just want to watch the world burn." It's the summation of the whole of the Joker's philosophy for fucksake

>no one notices the most famous recently dead person in the world, sitting at a cafe

That's because he was merely the size of a tangerine

CIA helped him, he's got means

I like your style.

desu it depends at which height the bomb detonated.
The nukes dropped over Hiroshima and Nagasaki cause minimal fallout and both cities are perfectly habitable because the bombs were detonated about 2000 meters from the ground, but the area surrounding Chernobyl is still a toxic mess because the explosion happened at ground level (and there was a fuckload more fuel involved in the reaction).
If Batdude took the nuke high enough there would hardly be any long term side effects.

caused*

underrated post

Fission bombs (the old type of Nukes, like what was dropped on Japan) would leave radiation everywhere in pretty sure bevause they work by getting uranium atoms to fall apart.

Fusion bombs do not leave any radiation because the Engery comes from fusing two hydrogen atoms together to make Helium. Although the catalyst for fhis fusion is usually the same reaction as a fission bomb (but much, much smaller) so there would be a littl radiation.

A neutron bomb I'm pretty sure is like a mega cancer dispenser, won't destroy anything but will fuck up anything organic in the blast radius. Presumably that would leave radiation everywhere since stray nuclear particles being blasted into everything probably isn't good.

I'm no expert though.

>no one notices the most famous recently dead person in the world, sitting at a cafe
He was probably not all that famous outside of Gotham.
I mean, apart from Bill Gates and maybe Elon Musk I think most people in Italy wouldn't recognize some of the richest dudes on the planet.

Yes, but you could have heavy secondary particles that would really mess things up.

Just because the water stopped the radioactivity from radiating everywhere doesn't mean the radioactivity energy just goes away.

Normal nukes make a lot of those, but the secondary radiation is bonded in nearby stuff making that stuff radioactive for a period of time depending on what isotope is created. But that is a real problem as water can flow carrying the bad stuff places we don't want it effectively poising a large area.

But that depends on what kind of bomb it is. A fast kind like a neutron bomb would create a huge amount, but have a very sort life (typically ~2 weeks from old 70's data, possible shorter given better tech), after which surrounding ocean life would move in and fix things over a few years. Still a big environmental mess, but not the end of world stuff like a slow long life colbolt bomb that is specifically made to mess everything up for as long as possible, there is a reason nobody uses those nightmare bombs even in nuclear wars scenarios. Why we even invented that type, well someone wanted to end all life forever and go down as best super villain of all time.

If it is a "true" fusion bomb then it shouldn't create any fallout, although realistically some inefficient conversion would make for something, but mostly just the hot flash and big boom. Few days later you might not notice at all.

correct, but typical fusion bombs still have sizable fallout.

It depends on what is in the area at the time of the radiation blast with a neutron bomb, but they were originally made to be "clean" nukes flashing killing organic life and little else. Problem with them is there very short shelf life means you have to detonate them after building them. So stock piling them is even more radically expensive then a normal nuke which is partly way nobody has them. A "clean" neutron bomb will have area radiation level back down to acceptable in a few weeks.

How many people do you think would look twice at this dude if he sat near them at a cafe.

>the most famous recently dead.

Who said anybody knew that Bruce was The Batman other than Alfred, Jim Gordon, officer Blake, Selina and Mr.Fox???

I'm sorry this movie isn't a big part of my life. Why is what he said retarded?

he wasn't in the plane at all, he put the autopilot on and he run away with catwoman

Jeez, took 53 replies and 36 posters for someone to spill the right answer

False equivalency. Bruce Wayne is clearly a celebrity personality equivalent to Bill Gates or Donald Trump.

youtube.com/watch?v=nK056dWK7ts

>implying foreign countries actually care about american celebrities unless they are actors

He's a cheap bastard though

>What are you doing for the next couple of months? Wanna go to the same cafe in Italy with me every day and wait for my butler?

He's from yurop, not America.

But it is

Even in America, billionaire, aside from Bill Gates, aren't celebrities.
Hell, Donald Trump was a celebrity in the US before he ran from president but i had never heard of him

>Batman faking his death for no reason

put the pocket calculator away nerd

He had like 1 minute before it exploded, you're telling me he pulled up the Bat, set it on auto pilot, jumped off and disappeared before it blew up?

yes

Why has a single film still not managed to capture their majesty?

>In the end Alfred didn't diluge anything of importance to Bruce.
he did. he basically stated that they had to resort to extreme measures to catch the guy. the "burn down the forst" is equivalent to the technique batman used to find the joker

>>implying foreign countries actually care about american celebrities unless they are actors
>implying christian bale is not an actor

>"Die another day
> die another day
> die another day
> another day... another day...

Worst Bond film ever.

By far. Even with that God-awful laser shootout in Moonraker and hovercraft goldola at least the first half of THAT one was interesting.

Die Another Day was ridiculously retarded. I did like the sword fight, though... At least they didn't use a green-screen for that sequence.