Do American feel like they're in a film when in highschool because it is like in the films with the cheerleaders and...

Do American feel like they're in a film when in highschool because it is like in the films with the cheerleaders and jocks and lockers?

Those movies are for people who didn't feel anything in high school

>why do american schools seem like the american schools portrayed in american films
idk pham, I'm flabbergasted

no

only if you're part of those circles, if you're not a jock or cheerleader it's not at all like the movies. You almost never even see bullying. I once saw a black kid bully a younger kid in middle school and a group of older white guys beat the fuck out of him. bullying doesn't happen like in the movies people actually intervene, and no one uses their locker.

I think if I went to an American high school I would have been the guy who was in the football team but mediocre at it, dated one of the ugliest cheerleaders and rambled in reunions how I could've gone pro if I didn't screw up my knee my senior year and how I now work a dead-end construction job but nobody would call my bullshit because I'm such a nice guy

Any American versions of me here?

That's how it for the most part but there was this one school I attended for a few months where everyone used their locker, there were a bunch o bullies, etc. It felt surreal.

Yes, me. Except not a football player but very active/social.

thats how it felt like when I first came to america.
but no american actually feels that way about high school, and after a while neither did I.

what about metal detectors and police? are there police officers in school halls checking drugs, guns etc?

this should be necessary in all murican schools.

Its mostly just people complaining about our schools (majority) African American community.
So more like Sup Forums than movies

My school was shit at football so nobody gave a fuck about the football team and because nobody gave a fuck about the football team barely any of the girls were interested in becoming cheerleaders. The "jocks" were the baseball team, they were pretty stereotypical tall white chads.

Nobody actually cares about the football team, they just go to get drunk.
College football is the sport people actually care about.

In urban schools, there are metal detectors and bag searches coming in, some of the more zealous ones won't allow you to bring in outside liquid and will eat some of the food you bring in to make sure there aren't drugs inside of it and release it at lunch. Suburban schools used to have police raids where they would send in dogs to go after lockers but that stopped after too many parents complained of their kids being embarrassed or undue hardship or some shit.

I don't know where you live but here in texas we definitely care about football, from the bands, cheerleaders, motor coaches and a really expensive stadium. It goes to show how much money we waste on it.

And shootings.

Texas is unique in that. I live in South Carolina

The cheerleaders were ugly, the football team was our worst sport, and we didn't have lockers.

The girls on the softball team were hot shit and the chads were the swim team.

THe cheerleaders at my school were obese and black

I attended a private school that didn’t have cheerleaders because of muh feminism. Still the Stacys were ginormous sluts for the chads. All of the chads were on Hockey or Lacrosse, but after my Sophomore year, our hockey team sucked.

why do you make this thread all the time if you don't respond to anyone posting?

Didn't feel like a film for me. Felt like a concentration camp. It was a nice very white school but I hate having to do shit and it was forced upon me. Math was particularly torturous.

It wasn't like that at my high school. Some of the football players were popular yeah, but most weren't. The Cheerleaders weren't the most popular or good looking girls in the school either. Although my school had 3000 students, so maybe there was just too many for the normal clique structure to form. We still had cliques and bullying and all that shit though don't get me wrong.

Americans feel like they're in a film or tv show at all times since they are treated as consumers and products since the day they are born. Everything they do is done with the belief that someone is paying attention to them. The only time you'll catch an American behaving like a human being is when they're completely alone in a locked room, such as a basement. Everywhere else, no matter how secluded, be it a farm, a park, a forest, whatever, they will always behave like a character. As much as this turns them into little bitches, it's difficult not to feel some sympathy for them, since they never had a choice. Seriously, from the day they come out of their fat mother's asshole, Americans are indoctrinated into becoming servants for the corporations. Americans are made to be walking billboards for whichever company can weasel its way into their tiny mind. And what's worse is that now, with social media, Americans are taking this ad-friendly persona to the web, and if anything, doing so in a more exaggerated manner. No longer do Americans JUST defend their corporate overlords, but now they'll start to explicitly show their rabid support for Pepsi or Coca-Cola, as if it matters.
In the end, these companies make a ton of money because the average dumb American advertises their product FOR FREE.

So yeah, I guess they do.

I was friends with football players and we were in culinary arts, so not really like a movie at all. Also no bullying except for this really weird kid who seemed like he hated everyone

I wish I was an American every single day of my life

Small town high schools follow this stereotype more than larger schools

My high school had 3000 kids so the vast majority of kids are total strangers

Pretty much this, but with lockers. And the volleyball team was hot as hell.

Nip flag, but Illinois native at Narita airport right now.

my tiny high school was full of rednecks, farm kids, christians, stoners, hockey players, regular kids, and natives
there wasn't really much jocks nerds stacies etc
most people got on well except for the natives

I base my entire knowledge of Canada off of Letterkenny

i've only seen the youtube but it seems accurate for central-northern ontario