LMAO

IS STAR WARS FINISHED?

Other urls found in this thread:

britannica.com/topic/feminism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are people here so threatened by this?

Rey Skywalker really is the last and best jedi

>finished
>implying a movie being feminist doesn't double its success

>op provides no link
>Literally just a picture with words next to it
>Thread will get 200+ replies

Because ghostbusters 2016

'cause the new Ghostbusters film was so incredibly successful, right?

I'm gonna be honest here, I really don't care, it can be whatever the producers want it to be. I'll still see it because I'm not some over analyzing sperglord who flips out every time the word feminism is used.
>a thread died for this

>no source

how is making a thread the equivalent of threatened, there are no people here that care for virtue signaling

Because it means it will focus too much on being feminist and not so much on being actually a good Star Wars film.

This.

OP, give us a link because I googled it and no results came up for Rian Johnson and feminist star wars.

why are women threatened by star wars?

Good little consumer. Suckle on their propaganda and pay for the privilege.

Isn't the "last Jedi" Luke?

>Why are people here so threatened by this?

Because (((feminism))) doesn't mean what it used to mean.

I'm not threatened, I'm mad because this means the film has an agenda other than being a good movie.

There are two threads with this fake headline. Google "Rian Johnson The Last Jedi will be a feminist film" and the only thing that comes up like this is the fucking Sup Forums thread. SAGE

And somehow you're any different? I'm willing to bet there is something on this planet where the same could be said of you.

What does it mean now other than equality for the sexes? This is why it seems like you're threatened by the idea of feminism.

>threatened

Nice projection.

People don't like it because it indicates it will make a shitty movie out of something that could have and SHOULD have been great.

Disliking something does not necessitate being """threatened""" by it and you're a retard for thinking otherwise.

"Jedi" is singular and plural.
Wasn't there something going around when the dropped the title, where it was explictly plural in some foreign language?

>What does it mean now other than equality for the sexes?

It hasn't meant "equality for the sexes" in literal fucking decades.

What it does mean is female-centric promotion/affirmative action, infanticide, persecution-complexes, legal favoritism and lots of shitty, agenda-driven tv-shows, movies and videogames.

bumping for viral marketers and pol.

this should have been obvious from TFA. that's why I hated it and knew this trilogy was gonna be horseshit. You cant have this mentality behind a movie and expect it to be good.

inb4threatened,sexist,manchild,virgin, bigot, autist.

>a shitty movie out of something that could have and SHOULD have been great.
Star wars hasn't been great since the 80s.

Bumping for not being a consolewar capeshit thread.

What are you talking about? The 90s were the golden age of Star Wars.
>novels
>comics
>toys
>VIDEOGAMES
>waiting for Episode 1

what do u mean drumpftard, feminists are perfectly balanced, fair and sane people!

>What does it mean now other than equality for the sexes?

Feminism has nothing to do with "equality for the sexes" and you're an idiot for thinking otherwise.
It's right there in the fucking name. It's not called "Equalitism".

what feminists dont realize is that the new star war films can also be used to explain the inherent flaws in feminism. it goes both ways.

Star Wars no longer belongs to nerds that collected obscure shit during the 90s.

It is not threatening, but irritating because of the redundancy of this. Practically every movie it feminist. So at this point making more feminist driven movies is literally beating a dead horse into dust, and throwing it in everyone's face.

These politically correct driven movies are destroying the stories, and the legacy. History will not look back at this friendly.
The movie industry is a broken machine doing the same repeatedly long after most are sick of it.

The reason OP didn't want to give a link is presumably because it was from the Huffington Post.

lol

You are a fucking retard.
britannica.com/topic/feminism

No, the reason OP didn't give a link is because the article doesn't exist.

OP started a thread with a fake inflammatory photoshopped screencap and then proceeded to reply to himself saying his very own OP post is "alt-right whining" to generate a shitstorm and rake in (you)s

Disney manlet shills and employees are already all on deck I see.

>Updated 2016

>look, I pulled up an article about a movement on the internet
>that means that everything that article says is true about that movement, both on paper and in practice

Looks like you need to calm down, stump.
I can also pull up articles describing how the KKK is "a peaceful organization dedicated to the non-violent promotion of Caucasian interests".

>shills
>im-fucking-plying

> Implying SW was not finished already

Both episode VII and rogue one where already trash. Feminism has nothing to do with it.

Also, people is really giving too much attention to this shit now... we have had female heroes for years now like Sarah Connor, Ellen Ripley, Nikita, Buffy... i don't really get what the fuzz is about these days or why every piece of media has to become a political stand...

because when they mean feminist, they really mean rey will be even more of a mary sue this time around

shes such a fucking boring character, every other character is more exciting

TFA was already a feminist film. Did that finish Star Wars? Because it doesn't look like that to me.

Women can do anything a man can do, but better.
>to infinity and beyond

>History will not look back at this friendly.

Does history even look back at The Force Awakens kindly? Most people seem to be very "meh" about it now the hype's gone and the only characters that anyone seems interested in are Kylo and the Troopers.

friendly reminder that episode 3 is one of the best star wars movies

Is it supposed to be an achievement?

I guess

Fake and gay

Aliens was a feminist film and nobody complained.

>The Force Awakens kindly?

No, because it was the typical movie story type we've seen in literally every film for the last two decades with even less attempt to provide the character with any struggle or grow to conquer.
It was the laziest attempt ever to make a character worthy of investing any emotion in.

Why so lazy? Because she's a woman, and she has to be instantly perfect, with no flaws, because of the strong deliberate attempt to be politically correct. She's a woman who can't be seen as inferior in any way because of the political correct handling of female characters. Political correctness, and feminism destroyed the first movie, and will continue to destroy movies. Feminist political correctness is literally hindering the ability to tell stories about people learning to become better, and grow.

Alien Resurrection was a feminist film

The only "people" whom have "owned" Star Wars are Lucas and Disney respectively. The fandom only owns their fanfics and donutsteel OC.

It's called feminism because historically women have not been equal to men and so needed causes that centered around helping women. Why change the name now just because women are closer to being equal to men?

Alien is more feminist than Aliens - it has all the rape subtext.

Rey does have a struggle and she does grow.

You're just mad she kicked Kylo's ass because it ruined your headcanon of star wars being about experience points and power levels, mixed in with a heavy dose of your own sexual frustration.

>instead of trying to make a movie good, we'll make it a vehicle for spreading cancerous politics
>surely this will not compromise it in any way

>becomes an ace pilot in 30 seconds
>masters multiple Force abilities in about an hour
>wins in lightsaber combat against a trained opponent despite never having any training of her own
>quickly and easily overcomes every obstacle with no help

so much struggle and growth, clearly

hate to tell you this but its always been cancerous.

No, I feel my point is valid, and why must every person who states a point clearly be met with insults about their supposed personal life?

Instead of actually thinking about what I have carefully thought about, and expressed you've responded with insults about me which are completely false assumptions to misdirect, like usual.

Your insults prove that I have a valid point you're deliberately trying to derail, ignore, and avoid.

again, you're mad about power levels. She's competent and skilled, but that's unrelated to her own personal growth. Try again, faggot.

>REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING WOMEN
This is why you'll never get laid

Yeah cuck, that's exactly what we mean, doesn't have anything to see with perpetual feminazi propaganda, feminazis becoming more and more insane etc... This is why you lost though, bro.

>movies should only adhere to my political beliefs!

This is how stupid you sound.

That's actually bad publicity.
They are mad if they think that declarations like that won't estrange a huge part of the audience.

>post fake headline
>also throw backlash against non-existant outrage over said fake headline

holy shit I want tumblr to leave

Growth as hero in the story. If she has instantly masters every obstacle it doesn't allow for the audience to appreciate the growth of the lead character becoming a hero.

she's literally never put in a situation of danger that she cant also get herself out of.

>non-existant outrage
See I want the r/TheDonald redditors to leave

for fucks sake keep your reddit infighting in reddit

>look i samefagged wow you sure look stupid now

Well then don't post it samefag.

What the fuck, ANOTHER Director for the new movie?

You can never run out of company men willing to push your agenda.

Because politics should get the fuck out of my movies

Feminism being cancer is not a personal opinion, it is a fact.

Directors make no difference for Disney.
The studio is the one controlling the script, final cut and the general direction of the movie.
The director of photography or the composer have probably more influence in the final product than the director.

>a Druish princess

This is shills trying to create a backlash for victim publicity like they did with Boyega in VII.

you now realize that every movie in the original trilogy had a different director

>struggle
>growth
>Rey

Is VII the feminist idea of a struggle? Because I don't remember MaRey Sue breaking a fucking nail in that movie, no wonder you femicunts are so fucking spoiled.

FAKE NEWS

It doesn't mean equality, it means women being men (not literally). Instead of being women and doing things only women can do it's a "I can do it too" push that only makes women second-hand men.

You mean politics *you* don't like? Every film is political to a degree. You're only upset about this because you don't agree with the ideas.

>Every film is political to a degree

This is completely false.

This platitude is peddled by SJW's looking to justify turning pop culture into propaganda.

Get fucked. Nobody's interested in your agenda and 90% of the time the box office numbers prove it.

I cant unsee that photoshop that replaced the lightsaber with a black dick

I don't know, she does spend the first three quarters of the movie holding onto a delusional hope that her parents will come back for her which leads her to reject her destiny as a Jedi because she's afraid of change and taking risks, which leads to her getting rekt and captured by Kylo.

it's only when she finally acknowledges the new love she's found in Han and Finn that she puts aside her doubt in herself and fully embraces the Force which allows her to succeed

but that doesn't count because reeee powerlevels niggers kikes feminism mary sue!

That's probably why The Return of the Jedi pales in comparison to A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

>people here so threatened
How are people being threatened? They are simply pointing out they don't like something. You are relying on an ad hominem instead addressing the point.

Lucas wasn't officially the director of RotJ, but he's said to have been an incredibly micromanaging executive producer who would often challenge and override Marquand's authority to the point he may have directed a good chunk of the movie himself.

he also bullied Gary Kurtz out of the film and Lawrence Kasdan has been very vocal about how Lucas butchered his original script for the movie because he was concerend about toy sales.

You don't see the politics at the heart of the original trilogy? Are you serious?

RotJ scenes with Sheev > Empire > ANH > the rest of RotJ

The vitriol in this thread says otherwise.

You can dislike something without being afraid of it. I hate sand but I'm not threatened by it.

>but he's said to have been an incredibly micromanaging executive producer
tbqh he was like that for every SW movie not made by disney

Sandphobe

because 4chins is full of toxic masculinity

This isn't Sup Forums, "alt-righter".