Animation cannot be ki-

>Animation cannot be ki-

Is numalerai jack the most overrated thing of this generation?

No.

Kys contrarian

Game of Thrones is.

fpwp

This is a bad post
these are good posts

>west barely manages to make a half-decent animated show
>everyone looses their shit

Pathetic

>The east has been making almost nothing but cute girls doing cute thing XD for the last decade or so
>This is somehow better.

You already got BTFO in your first post. Just leave.

Samurai Fag

I won't lie, nostalgia hit me hard when the end theme song when I fist watched it.

You don't even keep up with eastern animation.

>numalerai

-ds only

I watched S 5 E 3 I think and its the first time I've ever seen the show. I don't really get what all the fuss is about.

>I watched S 5 E 3 I think
>I think

What do you mean you think? You either saw it or you didn't

I think that's the episode I saw. He fights some masked women and kills a bunch of them. It seemed like a fine cartoon. I don't see why people are so excited about it though.

he means he thinks that's the episode he watched you turbo autist, lrn2comprehension

>long haired, bearded warriors are numales now

kys

because the west has no legitimate, non-comedy, story-driven animation for people over the age of nine and they believe Samurai Jack is going to change that. Most of these people are the same people who praise Avatar and Korra for being serious and story driven when in reality they're still kids cartoons. Samurai Jack may have gotten more serious but it still doesn't take itself serious enough and its still just a cartoon, something I could watch on Toonami when I was a kid.

People in the west really want a serious animated television show, y'know, serious like how japs treat their cave drawings and mangos but they're never going to get one at this rate, every serious show will always have to punctuate everything with a bit of comedy or silly tones because in the end its still a cartoon.

2nded

>numalerai

>numalerai jack

>Sup Forums getting baited this easily

Holy shit

Yeah that's kind of the impression I got. That it's just a major nostalgia thing. I don't think the medium of cartoons is very effective for serious storytelling outside of say animated shorts or certain movies. Even then you're either doing it the way the east does where you're basically animating a painting and trying to get it as realistic as possible while still being drawn, or you're trying to make something hyper stylized which tends to focus more on effects than story.

-ke made

I don't agree with you at all. Animation works just as well if not better than other mediums. Western Cartoons tend to fail at being serious because they never tonally fully commit but there's plenty of animated tv shows and movies that do a great job of being 100 percent serious 100 percent of the time whilst telling incredibly engaging and interesting stories.

>adult

>still watch cartoons

end yourselves.