Teen's "White Boy Privilege" slam poetry goes viral

cnn.com/2016/07/13/us/teen-slam-poet-white-privilege-hln/

A young boy takes the stage. In a shaky voice, he says, "My name is Royce. My poem is titled, 'White Boy Privilege.'"

The video of the 14-year-old student's slam poem at his school has gone viral in the midst of heated national discussions regarding race and privilege.
Performed at a slam poetry competition in May at The Paideia School in Atlanta, Royce Mann's winning poem offers a reflection on the privilege he feels he has been automatically awarded as a result of his being white and male.

His piece begins with a lamentation: "Dear women, I'm sorry. Dear black people, I'm sorry. Dear Asian-Americans, dear Native Americans, dear immigrants who came here seeking a better life, I'm sorry. Dear everyone who isn't a middle or upper-class white boy, I'm sorry. I have started life on the top of the ladder while you were born on the first rung."

As Royce continues, he acknowledges the barriers that those of other genders, races and classes must confront that he is fortunate enough to avoid: "Because of my race, I can eat at a fancy restaurant without the wait staff expecting me to steal the silverware. Thanks to my parents' salary I go to a school that brings my dreams closer instead of pushing them away."
Royce concedes that, if given the choice, he would not choose to trade places with anyone else because "to be privileged is awesome."
As he reads his poem, his voice grows louder and more impassioned. "It is embarrassing that we still live in a world in which we judge another person's character by the size of their paycheck, the color of their skin, or the type of chromosomes they have."

Sounds like a gay to me.

Kid's an actor from a fucked up showbiz family, probably Jewish, slam poetry is gay, we've had these discussions already, time to memory-hole this little race-traitor

Well, let cuckboy smoothen racial relations. I don't give a shit anymore.

>that kid
>white

He looks like an Italian-Spic-Jew mix. This kid is not white.

Humblebrag of the century

>slam poetry
Stopped reading.

This

>ebonic hymns

That's not because of YOUR race, you idiot.

It's because niggers have literally earned that disrespect.

>Paideia School Atlanta: Admissions » Tuition.
>
> Tuition by levels
> Half Day (Ages 3-5) $12,822
> Elementary (Ages 5-12) $20,691
> Junior High (Grades 7-8) $23,157
> High School (Grades 9-11) $23,214.

He's just another bored rich kid trying to get attention by virtue signaling. Got to give him credit for tricking blacks into kissing his white ass in response to his attention whoring.

>“That was the first time I did slam poetry,” Mann told Fusion. “I wrote it because I became aware of white privilege this year. We have a class called Race, Class and Gender that everyone has to take, and I got really passionate about how unfair it is.”

You guys throw the word around cuck to much. A real fucking white trash cuck right here.

>slam poetry
>immediately starts apologizing

This is what happens when you toss your son to rot in government schools.

Saw this shit on facebook. ATTN page. Comments were fucking cringey.

We live in a society that congratulates those who can regurgitate academia doctrine

Kek it's a private school? We're all doomed.

Imagine paying 20k a year for your son's tuition and this happens. I would be fucking pissed.

Ur entire country is cringy

CNN thinks this is news?
fucking christ

What do you mean? A rich guy fucks your wife?

I'm sorry my parents worked hard to ensure their children would have the best start possible. It's a crime really, they should've made children when they were 19 and worked at mcdonalds for the rest of their lives. I'm really fucking sorry my ancestors created civilizations throughout the history and made sure to inherit the quality onwards, ensuring a better future. Truly we should be living in mudhuds, my bad

AW SHIT GOOK FIGHT!
GOOK FIGHT EVERYONE!

South Korea is fucked considering what happened last time.

Grab ur hamburger America ur about to see some FIRE

I'm ready, I'll take 1/100 odds on the panface korean, he seems spunky

He's so punchable. I'm whiter than him and I'm Greek

He looks like a spic desu

His parents are likely limousine liberals who are delighted little Johnny has gained so much attention. Bet none of them feel the slightest bit guilty about living in white neighborhoods in a majority black city.

>slam poetry
only numales and college girls like that shit

kek

>English teacher fight

>this
>white

wut?

hes not WHITE..at all.

his name is ROYCE....lol....ROYCE

can it, jjokbari, our military could cuck your nation in a week

>goes viral
What a meaningless fucking buzz word. It "went viral" because they featured it on their own goddamn website. Fucking kikes.

That kid isnt white.

PANFACE GOOK: 1
LEWD GOOK: 0