Just saw this. Pretty good flick...

Just saw this. Pretty good flick. Not seeing the uber-emotional dramatic masterpiece people have been shilling about though.
>Prof. X death scene is so hurried into massive action scene that there was no time to give the shock a time to breath, and it lost some of the sadness that it was probably going for because of it.
>All sad death scenes are in general are undermined by the sheer amount of visceral gore. Caught myself going more "ew gross" than "aww thats sad"
>probably still wouldn't think they are all that sad because all the characters are so fucking miserable they might as well all die to escape the misery
>final boss fight = evil clone is epitome of schlock right next to final boss fight = giant robot samurai, but i mostly give this a pass because the x-men movies are built around schlock so it seems a fitting end.
>giving x-23 adamantium bones means the bad guys designed her to be a permanent loli.

overall 7/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XewoRDvsSbY
youtube.com/watch?v=B3zU2IcVzbc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh and anyone who thinks this has a ton of anti-trump undertones is a fucking spastic.

Was that woman at the beginning funeral in black getting into the car Jean Grey?

>giving x-23 adamantium bones means the bad guys designed her to be a permanent loli.
Yeah her claws are too small.. so does that mean she will never grow or what?

That means they could reboot xmen with a future 29 year old Laura portrayed by Dafne Keeno.

Sounds good to me

Only Laura's claws are metal

she only gets claw implants, the cell phone video in the movie they show it, they have her arms sliced open, just like in the comics

she'll have less poisoning than logan and will live longer, and if she wanted to in the future, completely remove the claws

it's a meme, just ignore it from now on.

the claws are gonna be smaller than if they allowed her to grow up before plating them with adamantium and therefor less potent as a killing machine. Not very forward thinking for a bunch of scientists devoted to creating a super soldier.

they gained really very little in the overall plot by having the adamantium claws. the only thing it added was a scene of her brutal surgery that made the child experimentation scenes more gory and maybe a touch more impactful. Pretty shallow addition considering the sacrifice in logic that it requires.

not really, considering that wolverine is one of the greatest killers in their established history

> can't be killed except drowning
> can heal from almost everything
> claws are indestructible, no armor or wall can protect you from being assassinated
> expert tracking/heightened senses
> now clone him but gender flip it. female spies/assassins can get even more shit done due to honeypot tactics

pretty good idea family

That's all well and good but it doesn't refute my point that blowing their load too early on the metal claws isn't very forward thinking.

Logan was super effective as a soldier when he was rocking bone claws so if the point is to have them combat ready before being fully grown they could still stick with bone until then and really lose very little.

>flick
fuck you nigger

>Caught myself going more "ew gross" than "aww thats sad"

What a cuck.

Apologies for my transgression, of course I meant 'kino'

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?

X-23 was basically the template/dry run used to create X-24, cloning the cells, bonding adamantium to bone etc, same for the other kids, they're just experiments to work out the kinks

they give her metal claws earlier, because they think they can control her, so they want to maximize her killing potential. because nobody would suspect a little 10 year old girl

wolverine is effective with his bone claws but that's because he had decades of experience fighting in dozens of wars. if he had metal claws earlier, you bet your ass he'd be a more efficient killer

they wanted to start early with her just like in the comics, which the movie did adapt pretty well in spirit

A cuck. You're a cuck, cuck.

Didn't they save a bunch of diverse kids by getting them over the border?

I hear you, and I can see where you're coming from, -but-, isn't that how death happens in real life? It's not like you feel the full force of the grief in the moment, it doesn't hit you all at once - you might not even register what it -means- until later. I thought all the emotion and sadness came later, in the burial scene.

>X-23 was basically the template/dry run
I can dig this, but it seemed more like they were going for long term success with her because their only issue was lack of 'control' as says. so they canned the project and did the logan clone project instead.

>nobody would suspect a little 10 year old girl
Bone claws wouldn't have made her any more conspicuous.

>if he had metal claws earlier, you bet your ass he'd be a more efficient killer
Maybe marginally, sure, but I've always thought of the adamantium being a bonus to indestructibility moreso than killing potential. And honestly, based off of her acrobatic skills she's plenty lethal as is and probably moreso than wolverine was back in the day with his bone claws.

So again I really don't think it was worth it for them to put the adamantium claws on her so early. Adherence to the comics I can respect but it doesn't make it less silly to me.

Yeah and the very first fucking scene is logan killing the everloving fuck out of a bunch of spics who were trying to steal his rims. Or should i say bad hombres.

Sure. But I never felt it. By then i was numbed or perhaps distracted. Not quite sure. Certainly felt worse about the black farmer family than the professor.

it's definitely about the indestructibility more than the killing with wolverine

wolverine gets the metal only because his healing allows him to survive the process. the claws are an added bonus. because even if you didn't have claws, having an indestructible skeleton of a man who can heal is a huge tactical advantage. simple punches from wolverine could be killing blows

with x-23, they realized they didn't need the skeleton afterall because of the claws, since the healing is definitely slowed down by the metal poisoning, constantly keeping it check. she should heal faster than wolverine

>generic mercenary team of bad guys
>"nobody remembers us mutants any more"
>generic mad scientist
>"they're doing bad stuff to the kids"
>"i don't want to get involved"
>"but [some mexican kid cloned out of your cells] is your daughter, you need to get involved"
>cloned antagonist
>"oh what have I done, the horror"
>super talented prepubescent mutant kids surviving in the wild, building shit, waiting for immunity 14 km away from the Canadian border
>"I'm gonna protect them [against this generic clone of me that wears all black]"
>boo-hoo, sad deaths

This shit was such a 5 to 7 out of 10 I don't get what kind of goggles the Marvel capetards have on them.

People who love shit like this are immensely retarded. The movie was so boring they couldn't help to pick up these random pieces of dry humor and laugh the fuck out of them. Like, in my theater, they were laughing out loud in the middle of a highly dramatic scene simply due to some crappy quip or some stupid shit (like Charles saying "fuck"), utterly unable to read the mood of the scene.
>Oh hahaha, it's all gritty and sad but Charles said "fucking fuck, gotta give it to them writers".

agreed. I thought it was fun though. I didn't go into it expecting some masterpiece. Just another schlocky xmen movie. Got what I expected with the added benefit of fun hardcore violence thats unusual for these types of films.

He called you a girly man.

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals.

I'm not sure the little girl had an adamantium skeleton. I think they only gave her the claws. I don't really remember though because the movie wasn't that good.

wasnt the initial theme that logan was kinda of a bad guy, killing mexicans and saying fuck off to the mexican lady? That it was coding him as this post apocalyptic mess of a fuckup instead of a hero?

the military after kids obligatory big action piece (and clone in black) was pretty shitty considering the nicer parts were a bit more intimate and should be resolved at that level.

also why is Logan even necessary? the girl drives all the way there.

>wasnt the initial theme that logan was kinda of a bad guy
no, just a miserable fuck. Meanwhile those spics were stupid evil fucks.

This movie is not very political unless you are an oversensitive frog posting retard. Take this from a Trump voter.

its showing him as blatantly selfish and ruthless sad fuck tho, ready to leave the little mexican girl by herself at the compound etc

they just fucked it up by making him selfless regarding charles at the same time

>Prof. X death scene is so hurried into massive action scene that there was no time to give the shock a time to breath, and it lost some of the sadness that it was probably going for because of it.
But it did have an afterward scene about him officially realizing the loss.

>All sad death scenes are in general are undermined by the sheer amount of visceral gore. Caught myself going more "ew gross" than "aww thats sad"
'R' Movies are 17+, and It's a movie about 2 people with metal fucking claws.

>probably still wouldn't think they are all that sad because all the characters are so fucking miserable they might as well all die to escape the misery
It's part of the setting of the film and it's what it revolves around

>final boss fight = evil clone is epitome of schlock right next to final boss fight = giant robot samurai, but i mostly give this a pass because the x-men movies are built around schlock so it seems a fitting end.
You didn't understand the meaning of the clone.

see

>You didn't understand the meaning of the clone
it wasn't 2deep4me if thats what you're worried about. Still a schlocky trope regardless of the deeper meaning.
>see
see

Is this a good movie to take a 10 year old girl to? Asking for a friend.

MIRA LO!

nice spoilers you got there senpai

movies been out for a month, cupcake.

>I know, I'll make sure any plot spoilers are visible, page one, fuck everyone else
that's you, that's what you sound like

Did it ruin your day?

If you don't understand the movie or think it's bad, chances are you are full blown fucking retarded and should stick to the kino that is "Martha" and "stop, my invincible son" tier shit gobbling

youtu.be/XewoRDvsSbY
Lol

>if you don't like marvel movies you are automatically a DCuck.

Sup Forums was a mistake.

No, it's not a marvel vs Dc thing. It's people being so spoiled that if the movie doesn't spoofeed them they go ape shit.

Sup Forums wasn't the mistake, these people's father's not using a condom was.

Soooo does it ever say why Logan would rather be a poor jackass driving an Uber than just asking that slant bitch for a job since she was on his cock the entire movie?

>He thinks Logan was a deep film

Is this the keeno thread?

It was deeper than the Cape shit most of you praise as kino.

Also, not saying logan was a deep movie, but it's clear it's too deep for most tv users because they can't understand plot basics.

(((mangold)))

>slashy slashy
>oh look beaner girl
>slashy slashy
>oh bald man died that got exploded by Phoenix but came back lol
>slashy slashy
>end

Proof it was
youtu.be/XewoRDvsSbY

Reminder that they brown washed this movie. Why would they have Logan's clone played by a fucking mexican?

She's half.
In the movie and in real life.

Not only that, but it's EXACTLY how it was in the comics too. Even more proof the DC fan base is so retarded it's a miracle they could even read comics to begin with.

And yet you have DC cucks in here going

>I DON'T GET IT, WHY DOES SHE HAVE CLAWS... AND X24 WAS DUMB, CLONES AREN'T REAL LOL

Can someone explain to me why xmen actors are cucked homosexuals while DC actors are chiseled chads?

literally nobody has said any of that. stop being a fag.

Because it's 2017 and white people are evil and racist. Get with the times user.

>why xmen actors
Fucking dummy dum head
MARVEL ACTORS KEK CLUCK FUCK
youtu.be/XewoRDvsSbY

So why exactly hasn't the left devoured him after this photo? The transphobic message is clear.

it's from blunt talk, dingus

Shut the fuck uppus cuckus
youtu.be/XewoRDvsSbY

stop shilling your video

>"nobody remembers us mutants any more"

Weren't they still talking about them on the radio? And that one doctor who sperged out over meeting one?

It's not the same person I only did it once.

it's okay, just admit you got triggered for no reason

There's a distinct lack of testosterone on the xmen cast.

She's half Spaniard half English irl.

I think I remember someone saying she was predominantly gypsy IRL.

What was the point in giving wolverine poisonous metal bones in the first place?

To see if they could.

It was better than most capeshit but it was still a 7/10 at best. Definitely not worth the ridiculous praise it has been getting.

>half Spaniard
that explains why she isn't hideous

I already knew this. I was just looking for those sweet sweet (You)s. Thanks.

Poor Caliban

>thinking it's a boss fight instead of a climax
>thinking it was a fight at all when Logan was just being murdered by X-24
>not picking up on the pottery of Logan now being subjected to all the EXACT pain, misery, helplessness, and mortality that he had imposed on hundreds of others over his life in the exact same way when a running theme of the movie was Logan's guilt over killing so many people so brutally
>literally having his own sins inflicted upon him before death

Your views on movies are shit but then I also thought the movie had jumped the shark with the literal Wolverine clone when it was first introduced.

That is all very obvious and its really not as deep as you think it is.

So when are we getting an x-23 movie? Has (((Mangold))) said anything about it yet or is she just gonna be thrown into deadpool?

>didn't say it's deep anywhere

Nice reading lol fag

And yet OP didn't get it.

Dafne Keen is a qt and wish her success in the future

She has another movie coming out next year. Pretty cool.

That's awesome. I hope he uses her real accent :3

youtu.be/XewoRDvsSbY
basically the movie

It's a Puerto Rican independent film. I expect more rapid fire spanish.

Quit shilling your video fatass

I am OP. I got it. Not a big deal.

It just negates the point haha

He said he'd love to do another movie with her, and keen herself said that she wanted to continue acting, but it's all too early to tell

the ending made me teary eyed, other than that it wasnt super emotional

That's cool. I liked her character even more than Hugh's in this movie since he's done just about everything that can be done with the Wolverine. I'm glad that it might be passed on to her.

If they recast Wolverine, I'll be finished with Fox.

Is Hugh Jackman gay$$$$

youtube.com/watch?v=B3zU2IcVzbc

Kek. I knew what it would be before I clicked. I personally believe that the guy's an assbandit but I don't really have much proof the substantiate that opinion.

James Mangold confirmed the kikery. All your suspicions were correct.

It's okay. Based Hugh knows the truth.

>Not seeing the uber-emotional dramatic masterpiece people have been shilling about though.

Of course not, you've been memed.