I guys! What steps do I need to take to make this Washing Machine fit this outlet...

I guys! What steps do I need to take to make this Washing Machine fit this outlet? The guy who gave it to us said we’d just need an adapter kit. I don’t know jack shit about this stuff, anybody have any advice?

Attached: 75C44BFE-6879-48BF-B33C-0F22D797C815.jpg (4032x3024, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/55w90MT
imgur.com/59l4Eel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can buy new plugs anywhere that sells appliances. obviously make sure it's unplugged. You then unscrew the plate where the old plug enters the appliance. In there you will see where the wire ends of the plug are attached just unscrew the old wires from the old plug and screw in the wires from the new plug. Replace the plate on the back of the appliance and your good to go. Should take 15 minutes tops.

You could grind the pin, or make a cut at the bottom and bend it straight

Also before you unscrew the old wires take a picture. They will be color coded so then you can't mess up which wire goes where when you install the new plug.
These this are cheep. Better to get the correct type then burn your house sow down doing something retarded

Switch out the plug or the cable. I assume the plug is cheaper.
Just shut off the power and have some sort of light ready. Take your time.

bent or cut off the prong which does not match. Put red and black on one terminal (those are the power wires) and white on the other (ground). Goodluck!

You shouldn't be doing this. Find someone who knows what they are doing.

He shouldn't be doing this kind of replacement. Its high voltage work and he clearly is clueless, so unless you want to make him an accidental an-hero, he should find someone qualified to do high voltage work.

A solution worthy of a third-world country.

Attached: 1351758709372.gif (403x234, 1.99M)

Wow, a legit and non-bullshit answer on Sup Forums. Nice work user.

high voltage is only dangerous if you are an idiot.

Its easy to be an idiot, and you only get one chance. Whatever, it's Sup Forums, let him fry.

>He shouldn't be doing this kind of replacement. Its high voltage work and he clearly is clueless, so unless you want to make him an accidental an-hero, he should find someone qualified to do high voltage work.

What is flipping a circuit breaker for $200 Alex?

Attached: youdensemotherfucker.jpg (903x960, 52K)

we will gain from a bit of Darwinism every now and then

Attached: 1285107192512.jpg (278x276, 17K)

Im not telling him to replace the outlet retad. It's obvious you have never baught a washer or dryer. If you did you would know that they do not come with a plug. You have to buy it and install it.

Assuming his house has one and is built to code, no shortcuts and low quality breakers (even fakes or wire under the leads cuz someone was too lazy ot cheap to change it out), etc etc. Even with the breaker off, if you don't check the outlet with a voltmeter, you are an idiot. Again, reasons why a layman should not work with high voltage, even for very simple projects.

Attached: 1353378505724.jpg (390x406, 36K)

Simple, take a picture of the plug, go to nearest hardware store ( home depot, lowes, etc) and buy the matching outlet, then exhange, wayyy easier

Wat? They both come with the proper cords. What backwards ass country do you live in where there is no standard for clothes washer or dryer hookups?

Are you fucking retarded? All it takes is literally having common sense and the forethought to study up a bit on how home electrical works. You must be stupid of you keep limiting yourself. It's not that hard. If the appliance is rated for 110v/120v, then OP can do it. If not, then hire an electrician to tell you it aint going to work cause most of the time you can get 220v unless you reroute housing wires and build a 220 line. Then I could see it being out of OP's scope.

It's true just Google 210 bolt electrical outlet there are a ton. Here is a Pic of all the different plugs just to give you an idea of what diffrent outlets there are. I couldn't find a single Pic of all the outlets so I'm just posting the plugs as that's esear but you get the idea.

Attached: dryercords.jpg (539x299, 25K)

Should be 220 volt. Damn auto correct.

Never had a washer that's 220v.
All I've ever seen are 120v Think you're messing with the dryer, esp in you're in the USA

just my two cents,but everything in me feels like thats 12gauge not 10, but yeah flip the breaker and test shit, 240's not super fun to get whacked with, odds are you wont die, but it'll be a nasty surprise

I guess OP needs one of these, or something similar?
Looks like it simply adapts the plug shape but it could contain a fuse as well.
If no fuse then i see no problem with simply filing the L into a fitting shape.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x247, 12K)

You need to get a new plug or a new outlet, and cover that fucking outlet g. Someone’s going to get the shit fried or a fire will start.

did OP fry?

This generation is completely useless

The different ends are rated for different power draws. Fortunately it appears the supply is rated for more than the demand, so at least you have that going for you.

Best solution would be to turn off the breaker and replace the outlet, you can get the proper outlet for something like $20 at an electrical supply place, tho don't go in there acting like a noob chances are they wont want to sell to you.

>Assuming his house has one and is built to code, no shortcuts and low quality breakers (even fakes or wire under the leads cuz someone was too lazy ot cheap to change it out), etc etc.

Wow, you seem like the type of person who is afraid of everything. I have never seen a "fake" circuit breaker in my life. Electrical codes change over time too, why do some appliaces have 3 prongs and others only two? Why do some prongs have a fat and skinny side and can only be inserted into outlets one direction?

>reasons why a layman should not work with high voltage

Define high voltage. Working on 15kV lines is certainly high voltage. 120/240V is virtually safe for residential use dumb people fuck with it ALL the time.

Please elaborate on your electrical knowledge/background?

Attached: THESYSTEMWEHAVE.jpg (479x640, 75K)

Your going to try and call me out! Bitch you don't have a clue and you've never said anything about what knowkedg that you have that let's you walk around like you know fuck all and accuse everyone else who dosent agree with you of being a retard. Why don't you go back to diy and talk about the underground bunker your going to build out of a shipping container.

take a pair of pliers and bend the bendy bit on the plug flat so that it fits the socket.

>I don’t know jack shit about this stuff
call an electrician

messing with your electric system when you have no idea what you are doing is a fine way to burn down your house and forego any insurance you may have.

I advise everybody in this thread to go on youtube and watch a few electroboom videos. He knows his shit and you are guaranteed to learn a thing or two about electricity.

From a ghetto perspective itll work if you bend the prong and the cord is wired to the device correctly, but you should just get the correct cord.
Would cost as much as an adapter.
Old style 30 amp appliance.

thats a 220v be careful make sure its off to then touch....the real way there needs to be a box with cutoff switch like mine in garage you can find all at home depot and then you tube video the main question is what voltage is that shit on wall is prob 120v not the 220v needed plug is a 220v and whatever is attached to plug runs on 220v ..good luck

There you go, my bro. And thank me later

imgur.com/55w90MT

That I definitely a 220 plug dingus

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x161, 191K)

You went on paragraph long and about calling him an asshole instead of clarifying your knowledge. It is confirmed that you are a fucking moron and don't know what you're talkin about. Please do everything you wish thw other guy would do. And kill yourself.

>Your going to try and call me out! Bitch you don't have a clue and you've never said anything about what knowkedg that you....

Yikes buddy. Constantly being offended by everything is no way to go through life son. You didn't answer any of my questions and instead sperged out. I'm glad I don't have to work with you high voltage (or otherwise).

>Why don't you go back to diy and talk about the underground bunker your going to build out of a shipping container.

No thanks, I teach physical chemistry at a university and am working on an AAS is electrical engineering since classes are free for faculty.

>pic related (You)

Attached: butthurt.jpg (238x211, 10K)

That makes sense now. Your one of those guys who know what he's talking about in their but doesn't have a clue about the real world. Thosewho can, do;those who can't,t each.

He ain't going to fry from 220. Best not to be poking around with both hands though.

you need to take the pic of your outlet house part to the store and request 3 wire not 4 wire cord for you washer. But I'm also thinking that is dryer not washer. most washers are 110Volt that is a 220-240 30 amp plug your chowing

shut off boxes are only required on Items that are hard wired, ie hot water heaters central air and such not items that have a plug that is national building codes

Here you go bro. Don't forget to thank me

imgur.com/59l4Eel

>Its high voltage work
>high voltage is only dangerous if you are an idiot.
Fuck me, Burgers. It's not high voltage, it's just 240V. All our domestic feeds are 240V. Our factories use 415 and it doesn't qualify as "High voltage" until it's 11,000V plus

This HAS to be bait. Any male this stupid should kys

>>how the hel does a post that should have been on diy blow up on Sup Forums for like 50 posts and counting. It boggles the mind what you guys will get into and what you won't give a shit about on here.

Here you go bro. Don't forget to thank me

imgur.com/59l4Eel

240 to 120 converter outlet. Replying to bait. OR use a regular 120 outlet?

Retarded advice here: Just use some tin snips and make that ground plug straight. Shouldnt matter as long as there's a NICE SECURE CONNECTION AND NO FUCKING RAGGED EDGES BARELY TOUCHING, so don't fuck it up

>hire an electrician

Time to take your hrt.

>That makes sense now. Your one of those guys who know what he's talking about in their but doesn't have a clue about the real world. Thosewho can, do;those who can't,t each.

>that "ad hominem"

Imagine being this mad. You still haven't answered any questions so we could maybe discuss the topic like normal people. Instead you continue to be autistic and butthurt over what you perceive as an insult.

Attached: sooth-crying-baby.jpg (635x414, 15K)

What kind of third world plug and socket is that?

I'm really surprised your still here. Don't need to be heading home so you can prime the bulls BBC and get him nice and hard before he fucks your wife.

Grading exams from home is not hard....

Attached: steve-urkel-costume-1.jpg (220x271, 48K)

Also, still no answers?

Don't you have a job to get to? It's Monday.

THIS is the \b\ I know and love. Never change.

I work 480 and that’s not even high voltage

What country is op from?

Now I know this is going to be mind blowing but but not everyone works only Monday through Friday. I know it's crazy isn't it. It almost people can work on days that are different from you.

>still no answers?

Attached: onlypretending.jpg (640x360, 30K)

Stick your dick inside and it will work.

Attached: 1563386361412.jpg (832x960, 39K)

This guy is right. Its a 1phase 220volt plug. If you are on 110v theres no point. Unless you buy a transformer.

Just cut the cord on the washer, strip the wires a bit and stick em in the slots

Man you are retarded. You know your bitching to like 4 different people while assuming they are all the same guy. Man you sure are dumb for an alledged smart guy.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-30-14-39-45.png (1080x1920, 355K)

First lick your fingers.
Then put your thumb on the center pole and your first two fingers on the remaining poles.
If you feel a steady current you can go to the next step.
Buy the right plug from the appliance store.
Install it.

Still no answers.

Attached: timehavechanged.jpg (484x842, 162K)

Not a washer you dumb niggers

turn off the power and wire a new outlet. witch you can buy at any hardware store

based
most of the suggestions in this thread are no different

I don't know what you're going from to where you are now, but likely if you need to step up the voltage you'll need a new fuse also, possibly new wiring to support the voltage at a substantial current, and a new outlet on the wall.
if you're stepping the voltage down you can probably get away with an adapter.

while the current prong setup is nothing but a different shape that connects the wires just the same, it's meant to differentiate voltage. for instance if you cut your laptop charger wire in half and cut your washing machine cord in half and switched the two prong heads, youd blow up you laptop battery while your washing machine wouldn't turn on.

Just use pliers and bend that J shaped thing into an I shaped thing. Make sure it fits nice and tight.

reeeEEEEEEEEEE, it's not high voltage, it's normal line voltage. HV is like 600+.

stop typing

Attached: stop.jpg (310x163, 7K)