He also won 6 titles, how come no one hates him?

He also won 6 titles, how come no one hates him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y4ZQERHL6ow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

better marketing

cuz das racis

They do. He has shit character.

Because it took more than 2 playoff games to get to the finals. Also he was a Tar Heel and we love him here in NC even though he is an autist IRL

He saved Looney Toons

Here come the fucking comparisons

This shit is so fucking rigged, I'm sick to my stomach. Why can't they just fucking play the games, instead the NFL has to force some fucktarded narrative so that 20 years later they have a player who compares to MJ.

Basketball doesn't really have much local loyalty like football does
People just cheer for stars there rather than teams so people never really got their feelings obliterated

Because he admits that he is a scumbag

Also didn't he lose like 3-4 times before doing it?

He was never caught cheating

a lot of people hate that asshole
and

NBA titles don't count as much. The exchange rate is not equal. Handegg is THE sport.

>implying no one hates him
Talk to anyone who was a fan of the Sonics, Suns, Jazz, or Pistons.

or Knicks, Pacers, Lakers and Blazers

Dominant teams are hated while they're on top. Usually, after the dynasty dies people start to appreciate them more. The exceptions are teams who are so wealthy that they just keep winning (the Yankees, for example, who have like 50 AL titles in the past 100 years) or who have insufferable big market fanbases who never shut about "remember when we were good?!" (Cowboys).

The 90s Bulls are fairly well-liked and respected because the current Bulls are utter garbage. If the Bulls continued to be successful, hypothetically if the Thibodeau era had led to a couple titles, we'd all still hate them.

spbp

because on his way to his first title, the Bulls finally beat the bad boy Pistons, were really were hated, so he became a sorta good guy after that

As a pacer fan in the 90s, I hated him. Same reason too, refs would always bail him out. MJ was the first athlete that ever benefitted from refball. NBA followed with Kobe, then LeBron obviously, but MJ is where it all started.

Dynasty 90s bulls fans existed pre-internet era so we werent bombarded by their bullshit every day

Because Brady hasn't saved us from the Monstars.

...yet.

Cause he isn't a cheater....... in sports

Sure he was, why do you think he "retired" half way through his career?

Thread should have ended here

He's black

People don't like seeing white excellence in sports

NBA is the most bandwagon prone sport because blacks have no concept of loyalty.

NBA is fixed. Nike pays the NBA to fix games so niggers can buy 200 dollar shoes

This.

No internet for his fans to be asshole s on. No seriously, its this.

From now on every goat will have a legion of internet nuthuggers and an equal number of salty haters

No one on Sup Forums was old enough to watch him play

He won 3 straight, retired as the goat. Then he came back and did it again. The absolute madman

We did hate him. But we respected him.

I respect Tom Brady even though I fucking hate the guy.

The media culture is a lot more negative than it was 20 years ago. 20 years ago it would be “patriots pull off miracle” but in the social media age its “atlanta chokes”. Both headlines are equally true but its illustrative of the culture shift. Jordan was a hero/lebron is a villain. Even tho jordan was a degenerate gambler and reknown for his trash talk and lebron carries a very positive media presence

That was such bullshit, Pistons didn't play any more dirty than the mid 80s Celtics or the early 80s 76ers. Isiah was ALWAYS getting hard fouled while the refs didn't care.

Shit, part of the reason the Bulls beat them was because Isiah injured his wrist and Pippen and Jordan constantly swiped at it to constant no calls.

Betting on yourself isn't the same as deflating the ball or video taping the opponents plays. Retard

They did. Decades after Tom Brady's career ends, he won't be hated on as much as he is now.

that movie is completely retarded expect for Lola. It was on the other night and it was somehow worse than I remember.

Also this, everyone that wasn’t a bull/bandwagon didn’t like the guy but he was too good to not respect. Whether they’re legitimate asterisks next to Tom or not MJ didn’t even have a conversation in that nature.

This is exactly right. Basketball is entirely player-driven, this is great for marketing but terrible for loyalty. People aren't fans of teams, they're fans of players. And it's not just in America, it's all basketball fans in the world. The most popular basketball teams in China, for example, are the Rockets (Yao), the Bulls (Jordan), and the Lakers (Kobe). Within America, look at the mass exodus of fans from Lebron's Cleveland to Lebron's Miami back to Lebron's Cleveland. Look at the huge number of "Golden State fans" who hopped on the bandwagon when Curry got good but could literally not tell you where "Golden State" is (I had a coworker who thought there was an actual US State called Golden State).

tell that to Pete Rose

/thread

Its worse

he even has a hitler stache. i mean come on.

youtube.com/watch?v=y4ZQERHL6ow

Classic MJ story

because his dad died. not sure i buy it but thats his story.
also, basketball is definitely more of a global sport than football at this point.
among the black people i know mj is considered a degenerate gambler scumbag pariah anyway.

>Sure he was, why do you think he "retired" half way through his career?
Because his father was murdered. I know we all talk about Jordan being a psycho, but he's still human. That kind of thing seriously affects a person. Why do you think he took up baseball, which he was shit at (but his father always wanted him to do)? Those aren't the actions of a guy serving some secret gambling suspension.

Jordan was (and probably is) an absolute prick. There are countless stories backing this up. But the whole gambling=retirement thing has always been bullshit. Just because he's a bad person doesn't mean everything in his life had some nefarious backstory.

Space Jam, bitch.

>insulting people makes you a bad person

Reddit is down the corner

>Also he was a Tar Heel and we love him here in NC

No we don't. I'm a Duke fan and hate him with the rest of his cheating school and I hope Dean "jew nose" Smith is rotting in hell.

All Duke biases aside, he's also a terrible owner that continues to ruin the Hornets with his god awful picks and trades. Fuck MJ.

Rumor is that his dad got killed by the mob because jordan thought he was untouchable and refused to pay gambling debts.

Jordan was the all around GOAT

Brady is hardly an athlete

he's universally known as an asshole in person

as a non-american, it is crazy when I talk to americans how they're all like 'manning is the greatest qb of all time'. i say 'what about brady, i thought he was supposed to be the best' and I get a venomous 'FUCK brady' - every time.

doesn't even matter where dudes are from, they all feel the same about those two players, despite brady clearly having the much superior, michael-jordan-esque career. it IS weird.

He was actually the best player in the league, not an overrated cog in Belicheat's system. Also NFL is rigged

curious as to what "mob"
definitely not the guineas since they havent done shit since like the 50's

He didn't have to cheat to win them.

>he is an autist IRL
you wut?

>space jam where Brady saves the world from monsters in football

the sequel we all deserve

People hated him at the time. It's just the younger generation who grew up with Space Jam and Nike marketing who universally worship him. Same thing will happen with LeBron.

>Reddit is down the corner
Jordan relentlessly shit-talked his own teammates, and in one case even punched one of them in face. He also cheated his own teammates in bets. He's not a nice person. >Rumor is that his dad got killed by the mob
Which is a stupid rumor. His dad got killed by two niggas on the side of the road in the South because he had a decent car and some nice things on him. It happens every day in America, and especially in the South. There's no mob conspiracy, it's just desperate poor niggas acting like desperate poor niggas.

>He also won 6 titles, how come no one hates him?

he was quite polarizing in his first run of 3 championships. A lot of haters threw shade claiming he was a selfish scorer who was a bit of a ball hog.

The thing was they were right for the first few years of his career. Of course he had zero talent around him for most of those years and he had to carry the bulls (much like lebron in his first run with the cavs). When Scotty Pippin came to Chicago he finally had someone with him who could carry some of the defensive load, and his game started to mature.

The big thing that took Jordan from an all time great to GOAT status though was the Detroit Pistons. The pistons beat jordan up, and exposed the weaknesses in his game. In order to get past the Pistons, Jordan had to become a better player. So he developed his left hand, so when he drove left he was just as deadly as when he was driving right (the pistons forced him left). He got physically stronger, so the physical beating he took from the Pistons wouldn't wear him out. He developed his off ball game, and learned how to pass to open teamates. Finally, he developed and polished every move in his post game to the point he became the best post scorer in the league at a meager 6'6". He was hands down the best low post guy on the bulls, and easily in the class of some of the best centers. He always had one of the greatest post spin to drive in the game, and his baseline game was transcendent. to this he added one of the most deadly post fades you'll ever see in league history (his money shot, which he would go to whenever the bulls needed points).

It took him YEARS to improve these aspects of his game and those years transitioned him from Kobe/Bron tier to GOAT tier. So when the bulls finally beat the pistons, they then tore through the league for 3 straight championships. Jordan however wasn't beloved until his 2nd run of 3. As even the haters had to admit he was the GOAT.

You spelled Lola Bunny wrong

i want to fuck that rabbit

>hell naw I ain't takin pictures with no niggas!
was hoping somebody would post this

If you talked to people who know basketball they would tell you Kareem is the GOAT.

Jordan would have won eight straight had he not gotten his father killed and had to leave the NBA because of it

Again, trash talk doesn't make you a bad person. If it did, then everyone in sports is a bad person, so it's bullshit to single out a single person over it.

There's no proof that MJ cheated his teammates. All of the stories about MJ's gambling are about how he lost money.

Both times he punched a teammate, it was because they acted like dipshits in scrimmage:

MJ punching Perdue:

>"No, he beat up a big white boy. Will Perdue. I mean, I hate to tell the story, but Will and I are still good friends […] Typical Phil, running this this play, and Will set an illegal pick on M.J. M.J. said, ’Will, don’t do it again.’ ‘What are you talking about?’ That’s Will. M.J. says, 'All right.' Phil says, 'Run it again.' "So naturally, we ran it two more times. Illegal pick. M.J. walks up to Will — boom. Lit him up. It was over.

MJ and Kerr fighting:

>"I started talking back," he said. "I'm not sure anyone had done that before. Then I started fouling him. Not like I could make any impact on him physically, but ... I got the ball and he was guarding me and I think I used my off arm and threw an elbow or something, to get him off of me, and he kept talking. I'm yapping and the next play, I'm running through the lane and he gives me a forearm shiver in the middle of the lane and I give him one back.

Cuz he's black

This. All Jordan has done in the past 20 years is be a shitty manager and run his franchise into the ground, but he's still one of the highest paid apehoopers in the world off of his 90s fame.

People did back when he played, it happens with every notable athlete after they retire. See Tony Romo and Peyton Manning, who used to be shit on all the time back before they retired.

Alot of dominant athletes were hated during their playing years, success breeds jealousy, so it's natural. People hated Ali, and probably hated Michael too, for having a super team. Brady will be praised once he retire.

he only cheated while gambling

MJ seemed like a nice guy on camera and thats why I liked him. Brady just seems like an asshole and he looks like the archetypal chad

No social media back then.

Older people absolutely fucking hate Jordan and the Bulls. You don't because you were a kid when they were good and basketball is a sport where everyone follows the superstars. Just like all the little kids who love the Heat and Warriors.

It's like how old people despised the Raiders and Bills but they've been shit for so long now you like them.

If the internet existed when the 49ers were in their run you'd see literally the same shit said about Joe Montana. Dink and dunk, refball, team skirts the rules, etc. It's all relative.

Because you're not a child now. The target demographic. Why would you expect to like it now?

>what "mob"
just a catch all term for large illegal east coast.

it's a combo of this and the mob wanted Jordan to lose a game(lol sry dad, gotta be the best, you understand) so they could bet the other side.

eventually the NBA had to something to stop people from prying so they "suspended" Jordan

>illegal east coast bookie.
fixed.

Played in an era before social media. Jordan had amazing marketing that made him look like a super hero and a great guy. Behind the scene Jordan is a massive asshole, who treats everyone like shit. If he played now it would be harder to hide what a douche he was to everyone.

This guy is so overrated like HOLY shit ya know. My boy LeBron is better in every way possible than this guy. Heck even in having hair, LeBron is much better and that's really saying something. Literally the most overrated player of all time.

Kill all furries now.

Exactly

I don't think any NFL player could compare simply because a single player can take over a basketball game. That can't happen in football, and Brady's legacy in particular has games where you can go back and see that Brady got the MVP when he didn't deserve it. It's always some crazy ass shit by his teammates who aren't given their due praise. For example, Edelman should have been Superbowl MVP last year. He was grabbing passes in the air which were slightly off mark and collecting yards after the catch. People blindly attribute his catching skill (and Amendola's, Gronk's, Welker's, etc.) to Brady's throwing and it's so weird.