How can anyone be sure there is no such place as Heaven, or Hell, or any other transdimensional place...

How can anyone be sure there is no such place as Heaven, or Hell, or any other transdimensional place? Every legitimate religion is true in its own way, which is something you are sure to realize if you are studying religion in a logical context. People think they are just so clever rejecting religion/spirituality because it's "not true" as if rejecting religion/spirituality makes them smarter, when if anything, rejecting religion/spirituality means you are dumb. I know it's super trendy nowadays to say and act like religion is obsolete, but that's only because the higher ups of this world have convinced so many (dumb) people that religion is obsolete. Religion is not actually obsolete, at all. Don't even get me started on all of this "deep" spiritual crap that's all the rage, the New Age/enlightenment type stuff, all of that stuff is horse shit and leads people away from authentic spirituality, which can only be found in religion. You might want to argue, that the New Age stuff is a form of religion, well perhaps it was once upon a time, but nowadays it's definitely not a legitimate form of religion in any way, as the current trendy version of New Age teachings is so far removed from any actual truth, that some desperate/gullible people actually believe in lizard-esque humanoids living among us and "good aliens" vs. "bad aliens" and all you have to do is "raise your vibrations" and God is "pure love/light/consciousness" and blah blah blah, all of this crap.

Attached: baphomet.jpg (624x671, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WqD6H2YUYsE

You’re an unemployed kid right?

Attached: D05C45FF-4801-4C0D-AAD0-727449A936BB.png (640x1136, 423K)

Fpbp
Here's a (you) for dubs but your fucking dense, it's not all as air headed and drawn out as you make it.. Ever heard religion is crutch for the weak? It gives people a psychological boost, when a spergy little LaVeyan Satanist does a ritual to main someone they don't feel as weak and helpless when they see their target.

unemployed adult

Ok well Satanism is not the only religion, in fact it's arguably not a religion in the first place, so that's a bad example

>Every legitimate religion is true in its own way

I'm sure you think this is deep, but really it's vacuous. It doesn't mean anything remotely useful.

If it's really so "vacuous" then how come most people don't realize it?

>How can anyone be sure there is no such place as Heaven, or Hell, or any other transdimensional place?

Basic inductive reasoning. Thanks for asking.

Religion isn't religion you fuckwit, it's all an ideolgy and set of 'daily rituals' to get you through life, grow up. Probably making this shitty thread to celebrate your first legal post mate.
Based as fuck.

Realise what?

What you said is either trivial in the sense that ANYTHING can be true given a loose enough interpretation, or it's wrong in the sense that some religions have mutually exclusive claims. There's no intelligent content to what you said.

Nigga how do you raise your vibrations?

tl;dr. God is real I've experienced his blessings, I pray you do too. Seek and ye shall find.

People recognise it, user, but it’s fucking retarded so it’s automatically refuted as an argument by rationalists.

Attached: 1569873979204.jpg (1107x540, 76K)

Satanist charlatan cunt; stupidity is the only sin, kid.

>There's no intelligent content to what you said

If you really think that, you're just stupid.

No. It's just meaningless drivel. I didn't even get to the funniest part, which is that you you said "legitimate religions" which means you're obviously going to at some point squabble that the "untrue" religions aren't "legitimate" and the statement
>Every legitimate religion is true in its own way
will reduce to
>true religions are true

Which would at least leave you with something that's coherent, it's just that it would still be utterly devoid of content. There's no way for you to fix this. You aren't smart enough.

lmao dubs of truth, see

OP here, I'm abandoning this thread, you faggots are fucking retarded and unappreciative

It's a shame, because even though you'd have still left this thread wrong, I could maybe have taught you how to express a meaningful thought.

Actually the existence of what some religions call heaven and hell is in fact very "real" and plausible from even a logical scientific point of view. The only difference is that neckbeard fedora athiests types that just arbitrarily deny the existence of these other states of existence cant differentiate that these states of existence exists independently of the religions in this world that described them. So to them heaven/hell is abrahamic ect, so that means it's all made up.

As for the logic of reasoning to get to the plausibility of the existence of these realms of existence, it boils down to understanding matter is not independently existent of consciousness but mutually coexisting. From that, understanding conciousness is the creator of matter, and existence and understanding that all matter is made by consciousness. With that logic, it's simple to see that whatever the mind can percieve, can "exist" in "reality".
Then to add to that, that we have our limited perceptions while trapped in this human existence, it's very logical to understand that vast realms of variable fuctions can exist in a realm other than our own.
Let alone other beings in this realm who can percieve this realm differently with higher perception.

Essentially, whatever you can imagine, plus more, can "exist" in a reality.

The end conundrum here is to find out what the objective reality/perception is. If there is one at all. To me that is what others call the god/creator.

>Every legitimate religion is true in its own way, which is something you are sure to realize if you are studying religion in a logical context
You just went full retard.

Prove that religion contains actual truth.

This is a long winded way of saying "thoughts exist".

No one cares that you can imagine heaven or hell. They care whether there's any actual ontology to it beyond some kind of mere solipsism.

your brain is a jello controlling a mass of blood ,bones and muscle.

nothing is true, and the only reason to be a good person is so you dont feel like shit in your deathbed.


You're a Cybermonk and you dont even know it yet my friend.

Attached: 1561961500360.jpg (720x898, 69K)

> it's super trendy nowadays to say and act like religion is obsolete

Let's discuss this.
First, please tell us the topic. What is "religion" ?

Not OP but that is a moronic statement.
That is like saying prove that an apple tastes like an apple.

I will give you a better example, prove the sky is blue and grass is green. You can say wtf you want but won't be able to convince a blind man, let alone a color blind person.

Essentially if you want to know if they are true, you have to enquire, learn, study and practise them yourself. There is no other way. Mainly because they are esoteric in nature but as well as they are polysemic for people with varying mental/spiritual faculties. You may lack the ability to get very far on the path at all, though you will probably reap some benefit for the efforts put in.

>This is a long winded way of saying "thoughts exist".
No, it is a short way of saying existence lacks an inherent existent and because can be created in ones own image.

>No one cares that you can imagine heaven or hell. They care whether there's any actual ontology to it beyond some kind of mere solipsism.
Long way of saying "im too much of a brainlet to understand what you are saying so I will attribute sunyata to it's object of refutation"

>an apple tastes like an apple
True but definition.
>sky is blue / grass green
I can explain how light works. Even if you are blind the physics of it is explainable.
>Essentially if you want to know if they are true, you have to enquire, learn, study and practise them yourself
Everything I have learned about religions suggest they are unnecessary at best, harmful at worst. There is no valuable lesson which requires taking it metaphorically, and taking it literally is absurd.

>existence lacks an inherent existent

Oh ffs. This means nothing. You're trying to talk the way you think smart sounds. It doesn't work that way. There needs to be some content or it's not a conversation.

This is a bad line of attack. He's just going to tie you up in some drivel about qualia or such. Disengage while you can.

well i never seen it for myself. so it might as well not exist.

I reject the notion of qualia. It's a fuzzy term that does not actually exist.

I thought OP would be right on top of that post immediately.

>deny the existence of these other states of existence cant differentiate that these states of existence exists independently
Absolutely switched off and filtered this moron out right here. Learn to structure a basic fucking sentence before you pretend or understand some pseudo-scientific link between fictional heavy and a physical state of being you fucking mongoloid.

>I can explain how light works.
It doesn't work to a blind man at all because he lacks optics to percieve it. It litterally doesn't exist to him.

>Everything I have learned about religions
Very little it sounds. I would expect that you have never even read 1 of the books of the Christian Bible let alone them all.

Fuck off neckbeard

I don't care for qualia either, but just saying I warned you...

It does exist. You can demonstrate light nonvisually and explain it verbally.

>Someone finds your book of fairy tales idiotic
>Must not have read it.
Ayy lmao

Thread of bedroom-philosophers with red raw nostrils from huffing their own farts. Neck yourselves ya' fucking charlatans, it's the ultimate answer!

>You're trying to talk the way you think smart sounds. It doesn't work that way.
>existence lacks an inherent existent
Brainlet tier of not understand
There needs to be some content or it's not a conversation.
I explained it in the most simple way, yet the point elludes you. You just lack the ability to understand. Go practice to the level of at least being able to mentally comprehend sunyata, then come back in a decade or 3 with a slow poke image...

I beleaf we r trans mittens to a new demonsion

I think god does exist, or some higher power... Have any of you virgins ever been inside of a 10/10 sweet pink pussy before?
Now thats a blessing right there.
Im going to hell for putting in her ass though yolo

Attached: 1559398152763.jpg (634x357, 40K)

Lmfao

I also think a higher power exists. But remember the bible only states 'GOD' created earth. Not the universe. So I mean... Is there more than one god and each has created its own manifestation of life?
Or is there one creator of the universe (big bang) and then the rest is just random evolution?

>It doesn't work to a blind man at all because he lacks optics to percieve it. It litterally doesn't exist to him.
What sort of simpleton understanding of observation is this?
Humans cannot see ultraviolet light either. Yet does it literally not exists to us?
You do not need to be able to see light to understand it.
It sure helps, but it is not needed.

>It litterally doesn't exist to him.

So if he walks into sunlight he won't feel a warmth on his face (infrared light) ?

Yeah, okay. Here's the thing, I actually took philosophy at University. I know the difference between turgid writing, proprietary definitions, and straight up bullshit. And if I'm wrong, all you have to do is clarify what it even means to say "existence lacks an inherent existent", but prima facie it's just self-contradictory. It's like saying "apple lacks an inherent apple". It doesn't mean anything intelligible.

For you, basic nigger retard speak...
Fedora fucks (like you) cant udwesand dat hebn n ell duns hab to be called hebn n ell (for you to be put there) but cisterns call dem hebn n hell so fedora fucks (like you) just go nope, dey dunz exis cuz cisterns said dat dey do.

We're all equally fucked or cursed, in my opinion. I agree with you, no one knows what happens after death, and spending an entire life pondering it may likely drive you insane. So here's the break down,

> No one knows what's on the other side of the door

> Anyone who goes through, doesn't come back

> Every living thing will eventually go through the door

> But what's on the other side you say?

> 50 / 50 odds, Absolutely Nothingness ( Return from whence you came ) or Something

> And what is Something? Feel free to guess.

This is getting weird.
The whole thread is talking about Religion, and nobody has supplied a definition.

Truly a waste of time. We could all discuss "The thing to the left of me" and it would be equally subjective.

Ive spent a good chunk of my life trying to understand it. Through religion, dying in my dreams, and so on.
If you think about 'bubble' universes (alternate realities) it would seem when we 'die' in one. We live in another.

>existence lacks an inherent existent"
You said that fucktard

No

u

Attached: 1560480415713m.jpg (1024x784, 248K)

think of it this way.If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth... for understanding. Too often, we assume that the light on the wall is God, but the light is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it. Similarly, someone who does not search - who does not bring a lantern - sees nothing. What we perceive as God is the by-product of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light... pure and unblemished... not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe - God looks astonishingly like we do - or we turn to look at our shadow and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose, which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty and in all its flaws; and in so doing, better understand the world around us.

Attached: 1205642547580.jpg (426x273, 39K)

I heard from god that were already in hell because satan won the war

The day I accept the fact that there's something beyond is the day something paranormal/unexplainable happens to me. I'm not talking about a small occurrence I'm talking huge, like something out of a horror movie. Shit, I'll be a god fearing man until my final day on Earth.

Allegory of the cave is like week two of intro to philosophy. You aren't impressing anyone by dressing it up as Eastern woo.

try going through a week long psychosis,, shit was crazy

Attached: 1542505343552.jpg (222x227, 6K)

Well, surely there must be something. I'm not one to believe that everything formed from random chance, hell, the big bang could have been intentional.

>>If you think about 'bubble' universes (alternate realities) it would seem when we 'die' in one. We live in another.

If you think about 'bubble' universes (alternate realities) it would seem when the cow 'dies' in one. Cows live in another.

Do you feel happy sending cows to other realities for your hamburger, user? Or maybe the cow is just another organism of tens of trillions that evolved into the wrong niche and was consumed by another organism with better tools.

It's simple for me.
Our brain is the only part of the body that harbours our personalities, opinions, and memories. We only perceive pain, emotions and our environment because of our brains. Once the brain stops functioning. We will no longer be able to perceive anything. It's like a dreamless sleep which we'll never wake up from. The mere suggestion that we can continue to perceive hell or heaven after our brain is completely destroyed, is like claiming a computer can keep processing data after you smash it to pieces. It's illogical.

For fuck's sake.
I just want a SHORT, CLEAR DEFINITION of the word "Religion".

You know, the thing we're supposedly TALKING about?

If we HAD a definition I don't think you would have wandered off into Storyland like that.

that computer lives in another universe

Attached: Jesus_Computer(sm).jpg (270x360, 18K)

>existence
noun
the fact or state of living or having objective reality.
>lacks
verb
be without or deficient in.
>inherent
adjective
existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.
(in this case permanent)
>existence
noun
the fact or state of living or having objective reality

In a simple layman terms it means that what you think of existing is not an actual true existence but made up of multiple "things" (factors) and because that is so, you won't be actual be able to find this "existence" at all. All you will find is the many things it is made of.
Because of that, there is no "concrete reality" and because of that, any state of existence can exist, though it will always lack an inherent existence.
Meaning you can be in hell or heaven, or on this world or another world in this universe, they can all conventionally exist.

>I'm not one to believe that everything formed from random chance
Why, because it's too small a chance?

>>what you think of existing is not an actual true existence but made up of multiple "things" (factors)

Circular stupidity detected. Do you intend to prove any of this to be true, or just insist upon it without any evidence?

I pretty much logiced it by observation of reality that nothing ever dissipated, but just transforms and becomes other thing.
Why would our soul be any different. Nothing ever leaves this thing we are stuck in.

As for nothingness, it can never exist because it needs something, as in you, to observe it to exist which is a paradox.

Basically reincarnation. Makes the most sense really. Though where we reincarnate is the problem.

We are all in a computer program being simulated by a so called god you could call it

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

Amen

Attached: 1551443202830.jpg (480x480, 57K)

Religion is just extreme escapism - people devote themselves to a "higher being" so they could beleive they are not alone and to take all responsibity off themselves. "My wife surely left because of god's plan for me." Stfu, if some shitty higher being existed then he wouldn't have allowed those who "spread it's name" to spread some 5 year old's asscheeks.

>SHORT, CLEAR DEFINITION of the word "Religion".
A particular way of life or faith.

If you feel getting up in the morning doing your fap, piss, fap twice more shower routine and eating cherios is what degines you as a being, that is your religion.

What other anons are talking about here is mainly philosophy and ORGANIZED religion.

youtu.be/WqD6H2YUYsE

>>Why would our soul

There is no soul, kid.

>>but just transforms and becomes other thing

Yeah, it ceases functioning and dissipates. Whatever is left is uptaken by other systems to use in a completely different manner.

What religion did you get that our brain has all those abilities and where is the mind phenomena in that religion.
Sounds like a bit of a crazy one tbh user.

> getting up in the morning doing your fap...that is your religion.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that's called your "Routine", and it's definitely not what we're discussing.

Come on, OP, this is your fucking thread, give us the TOPIC.
I would quote a dictionary, but it's your thread, so it's not my place to do so.

thanks dude i really needed that pick me up

You have to study and practice it yourself. It's not a logical fallacy but a realization. It isn't disprovable but if you cannot understand it it is simply because you haven't practiced, studied and lack the faculty to comprehend it.

Similar conventional example iswhen Einstein came up with the theory of relativity, one 1 or 2 people in the entire world could comprehend it. Everyone else just said it was bullshit..

Though on the side of sunyata, it is at lest 2500 years old school of thought yet many cant even comprehend it because they don't even try to refute it.
Trying to disprove it is how you come to realise it.

>There is no soul, kid.
Cool story bro
(citations needed)

It doesn’t really matter what names religions use to describe the afterlife or their version of devine being. All you need to know is that your consciousness is immortal. Only way of reaching so called “heaven” is to experience as much as you can, in the current life that you’re living.

So if i bllow my fucking brains out with a fucking buck shot 20 gauge ill LIVE???? OMG THANK YOU BRB

You’ll move to your next existence. Could be better or worse than the current one. But it’s important to take it all in and progress development of your consciousness.

Wrong. Asserting a soul exists with no evidence is the point where the citation is required.

thanks dude IT WORKED. weird im in a parallel universe and everything seems the same

I'm truly sorry that the education system failed you.

Guess you’ve missed then.

Im sorry you follow (((their religion)))

I find so many intelligent people in Sup Forums...
I fully agree with what you said, religion will always be a good thing to have. Yes, some religious people have done a lot of shitt to the world over the course of our history, but those people were not really religious. Their acts weren't influenced by the religion that they suposely believed, even if they claimed that they were. By the way, a religion is nothing more than a philosophical doctrine combined with spiritualism and rituals (those could be, for example, a Catholic Mass) which make the spiritual part stronger. The rules that a religion gives you make you more free, just like most lf the laws do.
Thanks for that amazing post.

We all have our differences. I still respect your beliefs. I just find it annoying when people sell their religion as the solution to cope with life or to secure a spot in heaven after death.

>>but those people were not really religious

The No true Scotsman, or appeal to purity, is an informal fallacy in which one attempts to protect a universal generalization from counterexamples by changing the definition in an ad hoc fashion to exclude the counterexample.[1][2] Rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing"; i.e., those who perform that action are not part of our group and thus criticism of that action is not criticism of the group).[3]

Example:

Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "But my uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he puts sugar on his porridge."
Person A: "But no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."

OP literally, actually, and metaphysically BTFO

Bible Time For Oafs

why would I think there would be such a place? I've not seen anything and have no reason to think there is a heaven/god. Fairy tales until proven real.