What's the difference between east coast and west coast?

what's the difference between east coast and west coast?
temperament?culture?political stance?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_the_California_missions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Revival_architecture
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One is bad
The other is also bad

Why do people never talk about the Gulf Coast?

t. corntown, ohio

East Coast = Least Coast
West Coast = Best Coast
That's why God punishes it with storms while we stay safe

RC, SD

one is west and the other is east
t. John "Cornfeeder" Collins

>temperament?culture?political stance?
yes all of them
it's like they're two different countries, but they're all under a federal tyranny

yea why?
the most ironic is when you think of USA and the stereotype "yee haw cowboy!" comes around, they're thinking of the Gulf

Le 56% Face

heinrike plinzesin zu zein witgenstein!
where do you live? and plz tell me the atomosphare of your place.

A R I Z O N A. and it's fucking hot

east coasters are cleaner

east coasters care more about love than sex

t. Cleetus

west coasters are more relaxed and creative

how about people`s temperament?
like people in west coast are open-minded, people in east coast are smart...
i know it is absurd to make people stereotyped, but it`s still interesting. give me some idea.

thx!

>people in hot and humid regions shower more often
In Germany I shower once a day, in Asia I showered twice a day. It's no surprise.

People on the west are said to be more laid back and mellow. I wouldn't know since I'm from here. East Coasters are seen as a bit rude.

Thunderstorms are aesthetic as fuck

Seems fitting that west coast beta numales cant appreciate the power of a thunderstorm

west coast = marihuana and pina colada
east coast = tobacco and coffee/ale beer

arigatou!

how about the difference in terms of architecture style?
i assume buildings in east are like traditional european style, and buildings in west modern.

east coast = niggers
west coast = spics
there u go

"""traditional"""" architecture style is the only one worth mentioning i guess
west coast = mexican colonial style
east coast = english colonial style
.... not really sure and too lazy to confirm with google but the mexican one uses adobe and ceramics while the english one uses dark shingles and wood methinks

>the most ironic is when you think of USA and the stereotype "yee haw cowboy!" comes around, they're thinking of the Gulf

"Yee haw cowboys" would be in the SW and the West in general, not the SE.

SE is like....poor yokels and black people.

The coasts tend to agree on politics

I'm sure what you're thinking of is Spanish styled homes. Spain colonized parts of California.

You know well about the American architecture.
I feel up to study it.

my bad, i thought most of the Gulf was Texas

yes but i don't know the details. only the image of it

yeah "spanish", "mexican". same thing in looks
the materials vary

Northeast and Southeast are pretty different as far as types of people and cultural aspects.

LOL vermont is straight black I love it.

The Spanish colonial parts are incredibly small though, mostly just churches. There were never any big cities like down in Latin America proper.

purehio

I can attest to the west coast being laid back. Though it somehow came back the other way around and resulted in a weirdly strong work ethic in that nobody cares what you do or how you do it as long as you complete what you are supposed to be doing. I have known people who are for all intents and purposes, complete stoners but are in charge of important projects because they are complete workhorses when they are on the clock. It's laid back but with conditions.

The east coast has much stronger influence from Anglo and Germanic traditions .Buildings here in California have a much more Spanish character (when we are not doing ugly strip malls and modernist garbage) since the old Spanish missions are pretty much the only traditional architecture we have.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_of_the_California_missions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Revival_architecture

>MFW no matter what happens, our cities will just be an uglier version of a Spanish city.

yeah but i was mentioning villas more than churches

no we don't, remove westie

>>MFW no matter what happens, our cities will just be an uglier version of a Spanish city.
M8, I've always wanted to just bulldoze over all the ugly suburbs, modernist trash, and strip malls so mad and replace it with medieval and renaissance Spanish style planning and architecture. Too many transplant faggots who move here for the meme suburbia to want that though.

which one do you like?
in terms of the Spanish influence, do you see some similarities with buildings in your country?

All those dirty hippies in Burlington skewing VT.

Both are trash desu

no, not really
ours look poorer

>both are trash
Absolutely pleb tier opinion. Pic related is fucking urbanism perfected.

Kill yourself

>all this talk about Spanish architecture
Pretty sure 90% of the ""Spanish"" arhictecture in California is we wuzzery.

West is extremely liberal, much of New England is too. The remaining part of the east is mixed with the south being more republican and the middle being swing-ish.
West has more hispanics, east has more blacks. Temperament in the east varies, it has a way more diverse culture and larger population.

This
Most of the Spanish architecture didn't look like that. Also you don't need that to build dense, walkable, mixed-use spaces.

Revival easily.

I honestly think we should find some way to develop our own distinct architectural style so that we don't have to follow Europe's footsteps anymore. Not completely throw away our Spanish history but at least get it to where it is its own thing. Aside from that I would be more than happy to tear down every track home and strip mall and do literally anything else.

And before you say anything, bungalow style is bullshit.

Is this America?
nice

I'm going to be honest and say that is actually the single nicest thing we have in Southern California. Everything else is some degree of worse.

>Most of the Spanish architecture didn't look like that. Also you don't need that to build dense, walkable, mixed-use spaces.
It's literally Spain though.

>our Spanish history
Go back to Mexico

America gave up it's Anglo identity long ago m8, when it absorbed Spanish and French colonies, while accepting massive amounts of immigrants from all over Europe to the point where Germans alone outnumbered people from the British isles.

That pic is actually good though, I'd be perfectly fine with building in that style. As long as we don't do it in the ludicrously spread out auto centric layout we've been doing.

First off that's complete bullshit, both the French and Spanish territories had hardly any people in them and second people of British stock are still the biggest group in this country, only reason why Germans are the biggest group is cause a lot of people of British ancestry in the South chose "American" as their ancestry.

then, which region is "real" America?
I personally feel it is southern part of America, partly because i read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer in my childfood?

Even if that's true, all the other ethnic groups added up together still outnumber British descendants by a long shot. You did this to yourselves though, greedy for more wage slaves but now just as Rome the slaves you brought in outnumber you.

so ohio is for lovers after all

Because the gulf coast is a sweatbox full of hicks and nignogs and fucking sucks.

>then, which region is "real" America?
none. """America"""" is a non-country and every region is united to Washington DC for fear of becoming "small and irrelevant" if they get independent
but they don't sacrifice much, there isn't any official culture they have to follow and not many laws and taxes besides the federal ones. every state is kinda autonomous

East Coast
>I'M WAWKIN' HE-AH!
West Coast
>Becky the new Starbucks is bitchin'
>NOT even
>Even!

btw how do they see each other?

First off. We are not saying that we are descendants of Spain nor that we are Hispanic in any way. We are just saying that Spain left us some traditions that we would rather keep.

Secondly. How much of a sperg do you have to be to get mad that people don't put their anglo history as their top priority?

Don't get me wrong, I love that style. Along with Japanese architecture, mission and mission revival are probably the only styles that could go for ascetic without shitting the bed.

>east coasters are cleaner
No, you have to shower way more because it is so motherfucking humid.

Not autonomous enough.

Cascadia must declare independence.

very pretty

Maine is the only real part of America left