What the FUCK?

What the FUCK?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v6aqDZW1BUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YUUUUUUUPPPPPPPP. IT"S ACTUALLY NOT TRASH.

u mag, sperg?

Passable is all I'm hearing. Which fits with literally everything we've learned over the past eight years. Script rewrites, casting choices, director's other work, production design, even music.

Everything points towards a balanced product that doesn't suck but isn't as good as it could have been had they been more daring.

Why does people take RT seriously, or any review site actually.

I am still confident it's shit and RT is unreliable on this.

People unfamiliar with anime often make wrong call

Because thinking for yourself takes an actual effort. Thinking is hard.

What's wrong? that's an average score, even the description says it's hit and miss

Can you people ever try to look past the colour of the tomato and try understand shit?

This movie will not get anywhere above a 75% when the embargo for hipsters is lifted. They won't pass at the chance to look woke.

IF gets flack for this shit, but this is okay?

What's IF and who's getting away with what?

>people unfamiliar with anime often make the wrong call

congratulations on the pleb post of the day, anime is for 12 year olds and I have a feeling you'll love this movie too

All I need to know is: Did Armond like it?

Iron Fist was an adaption of a comic character, but GiTS which literally race swaps the Motoko Kusanagi gets a pass?

Holding out for kermode review

Its a travesty honestly.

If you watched the 1995 movie first, you'd also agree.

>6/10 movie

Eh sounds watchable. Probably going to see it tomorrow just because i want to see future anime adaptations

What's so confusing? This is barely a passing grade.

Roger Ebert would shit on this.

No. No it doesn't get a pass. Literally 100% of GITS fans think this was bs casting. And if what I hear is true and they made "motoku Kusanagi" a real person, clearly they fucked up hard. Worrying signs to say the least.

>Believing rotten tomato scores.

Oh please that site is so hit and miss

Oh, right. It's meaningless details, and it's funny how the Japanese are happy with the casting while over here we have either purists or SJWs bitcging over and over

If the movie's shit I'll call it shit, the Major's race and looks don't matter THAT much considering the setting and the fact she's already constantly being altered here and there for any adaptation

>"motoku Kusanagi"
are they saying in the movie Motoko is ScarJo's "ghost" ??

Yes. Autists in this thread are scREEEEEEing over the adaptation not being loyal to the movie and shows they all love, which weren't loyal to the fucking manga. It's all retarded blind hypocrisy.

The japs who keep saying they're okay, are only following professional protocol, and only stand to benefit if it becomes a sensation. Also jap audiences will watch anything as long as the lead isn't Tibetan or chinese.

The 1995 anime wasn't nearly as good as the manga. Iconic, yes, but not as good.

This. As i said in the other post, the manga, movies and shows already differ in tone, how the characters act and plot points, why the heck should i start complaining now? Just because it's western? I'll give it a chance just how i gave Arise a chance

I get what you're saying, but basically you're also saying only your opinion counts, because

>Avg. Rating 6.1
>Avg. Rating 6.1
>Avg. Rating 6.1

Everyone baaaarely liked it and it's giving it a high score. RTs rating system sucks

If i say i talked to a 6/10 chick and she buys me a $5 drink - that is uninspiring

But paying $14 for a 6/10 movie is somehow not JUST

>Passable

>I get what you're saying, but basically you're also saying only your opinion counts, because

and the opinions of someone like James Cameron regarding Terminator Genisys would matter more because?

did Paramount pimp out ScarJo's ass?

GITS fans aka literally retarded weebfags

Seriously gettin pissed at this Japshit. Capekino's going to be ok, right?

>thinking this would flop
Hollywood has to find a new medium to trash to shit because the cape bubble will stop soon and there hasn't been any good teenage novels to adapt.

What
What does Genesys have anything to do with it?
It's not just about the suits shilling their franchise, you're dismissing the POV of part of the audience

Dude, I'm not saying the thing is good, i haven't seen it, I'm saying it's also not automatically shit because of a character's race

Tough luck, I've already decided it's gonna be fucking shit and nothing can convince me on the contrary.

>Japanese culture decried for decades as oppressive and sexist by new wave feminists
>"hey guys strong female movie protagonists are trendy now, what kind of franchise can we dig up to cash in on that?"
>"I know, let's get that 20 years old Japanese cartoon, these guys were really visionaries"

This could seriously mean the rise of animekino now.

Those Evangelion live action threads aren't a joke now.

There's lots of japshit with feminist pandering characters.
>Black Lagoon
>Fate
>Gunbuster
>Literally any magical girl shit

>better than every DC movie
How will DCucks ever recover?

They lost 30 marks for not mentioning feminism. It's pretty vital to the success of modern films. Pretty dumb mistake.

Those are all good shows but I'd hardly call them "feminist-pandering".

All of those have varying levels of perverse fan service that really rubs sjws the wrong way.

i just went to see it and it was okay.

remember when they did a reboot of Robocop? and everyone was all "HOW DARE THEY, IT'S GONNA BE SHIT"? and the robocop reboot wasn't all that bad. it had its faults, but it wasn't. all. that. bad.

this is the same.

>varying levels of perverse fan service
And they could just easily wipe that shit away in the live action adaptation like how Ghost in the Shell will have zero nudity.

Will it eventually have a crossover with the Marvel or DC cinematic universe?

that seems pretty generous to me

>Spider-Man will never team up with Kamen Rider

;___;

The Robocop remake was bad tho, if nothing else because they turned an interesting story into a generic action flick with mediocre results

GitS is just trying to be, well, GitS. Maybe it's not pulling it off, but at least it's not as much of a derangement

>Average Rating: 6.1/10

This is the key point. It's an average movie.

>and the robocop reboot wasn't all that bad.

It was mediocre as fuck and if it was called anything else would have tanked even harder than it already did.

5 is average.

6 is slightly above average

Robocop remake was garbage and an insult to the original. The only difference here is that these critics wouldn't touch the original anime simply because it was animated and is therefore "for children".

I literally don't comprehend the "waaah its bad because it's different" crowd

literally every version of GitS is different and has it's own story

As a longtime fan I'd be more upset if it was just a straight adaption, they did some really interesting things with this version's story and I love it.

I hope its successful enough that they can do more.

But anime is for children and horny loser virgins

Calling a western Revolutionary Girl Utena any day now

Its bad because the dialogue and story are bad. Changing things just to make it more like a generic Hollywood flick only hurts the source material.

See. That's what I am talking about.

>taking rotten tomatoes seriously when movies like Get Out get 99% approval while the shining gets 87% approval
The site is literally run by paid shills.

still crap

lol not knowing what they are reviewing. Super Ultra Mega Giga Pika Tera Kilo Rai Penultimate Ultimate Fail

>they did some really interesting things
Such as?

Luckily that's too niche and weird. Aeon Flux showed those kikes that adapting anything that niche is gonna flop horribly.

Good movie 10/10

>Literally 100% of GITS fans think this was bs casting
Step out of your echo chamber for two seconds and you'll see that you're completely wrong. The only people who are complaining about "whitewashing" are from tumblr and wouldn't even see the movie in the first place. Actual Japanese people are laughing at Americans for getting offended over it.

>reading movie review websites instead of briefly skimming the synopsis on wikipedia to decide if you should see it or not

Would be nice if it doesn't suck. I'm going to see it in half an hour.

Wow. It's actually halfway decent.

Is the age of animekino finally upon us? Is capeshit finally BTFO?

>Aeon Flux
i think you mean Dragonball Evolution.

Actual Japanese people don't care abojt anime, much less about shitty adaptations made by gaijin pigs. Actual anime fans would care about them casting a cute actress, and only the decrepit old Jews of Hollywood find an aging and hook-nosed actress like Johanson to be any attractive at all. They had to make her body CGI so her body fat doesn't overflow.

Kino with capeshit is over, weebshit is my new kino now.

>Actual Japanese people don't care abojt anime
Stopped reading there. You clearly no nothing about Japanese culture.

If Evolution made a bit more money they would have made a sequel.

as fucked up as you are user, you tell the truth

Your average Japanese person sees anine as old people in America see cartoons. As something for children.

Plot Spoilers Major "Mira Kellian(sp?)" and all the failed synths before her like Kuze were kidnapped japanese kids, so she's still Motoko Kusanagi in a sense but she still gets to be her own character in a sense.

A lot of the copied/reference scenes were fine, they made them all fit (the cloaked fight in the water was a bit much at times though) and I really enjoyed all the ideas they used for the narrative.

I want more of this version of GitS but I doubt I'm lucky enough to get that, this film actually getting made and released was a miracle from what I can tell.

Yet ARISE got so much stuff made for it aaaaa.

Nah the movie is just shit. They could have done something new but instead they took iconic scenes and pieces of plot from the movie and show so obviously people are going to compare the movie to them.

Japs have shit taste in movies.

the remake didnt seem to understand the originals vision how murphy was horribly "murdered" in the line of duty and reborn quite literally as an avatar of the law, slow moving but righteous serving the principle of justice. it sounds a little corny but thats the point, the recent movie was lawman gets blown up and gets mad cybernetic body to rape crims. his death was pissweak so his ascension was equally ineffective

Says the person who has never been to Japan. Akihabara, one of the largest shopping districts in Tokyo, is almost exclusively anime/ manga related stores. I've seen entire floors of grown men casually browsing hentai. They have cafes where the waitresses dress up as anime characters and you pay them to talk to you.

OP, GITS sounds good but I'm horribly disappointed that they haven't used any of the first two films original score.

The gits movie seems to have a plot similar to Robocop ironically.

>muh evil corporation

Dear God, the first one shouldn't have even been made. It is a complete shit stain.
The reason why it didn't make any money is because it was crap. Like most the popularity of the Live movie just rode on the trail vapours of the Manga/Anime. and the name/brand.

The ending theme is the first film adaption's main theme
youtube.com/watch?v=v6aqDZW1BUM

Honestly, all I'd like to know before deciding whether or not to watch this movie is just if it's been injected with SJW pandering.

Thank god. Does bring concern about an Evangelion adaption though, as much as I'd love to see the uninitiated experience the finale

And you have to be delusional if you think Japanese society sees that degeneracy as something normal or even acceptable.

Nah, it's fine.

Hell Major is still basically naked all the time (they had to PG it up a bit so its just a very questionable and very pale skintight suit)

>as much as I'd love to see the uninitiated experience the finale

>"wow what the fuck it's shit"
is probably the reaction you're going to get from the "uninitiated"

Kidnapped kids being used for experimental cyber shit has been done at least twice in the franchise already in a more interesting way. Like everything else in the movie they've just taken something from the previous material and dumbed it down enough for it to be suitable for a Hollywood action movie.

Evangelion is one of the most popular animes, if the Ghost in the Shell adaptation is successful you can be sure that's gonna be adapted right away.

Are people actually still this dumb though? Or is the idea to keep people stupid by making stupid movies?

I can't imagine "normies" are going to get anything out if ghost in the shell anyway, so why target them?

>psychothriller with horror imagery
>pg-13
What did america mean by this?

Can't blow up someone's head with actual looking blood or show nipples.

Or say fuck.

You're delusional if you think anime and manga aren't extremely culturally significant to modern Japanese society.

Because Hollywood is starving for new ideas after they fucked over most of the creative people in their own industry. So they like the idea of copying a bunch of cook shit from somewhere else to keep the masses distracted.

Can't stand that annoying fuckstick who seems to really like the sound of his own voice!!!FACT!!!

>Eh sounds watchable. Probably going to see it tomorrow just because i want to see future anime adaptations
so u wanna give hollyjew your money? there are other ways to see a film

There is no such thing as 'modern Japanese society'. The population pyramid is completely fucked up, old people are the majority and they represent the bulk of the society. And those people don't see anime as anything but children's entertainment.

What about the long establishing shots with slow intense music? Cause if it has none of that then genuinely what is the point?