Why do americans get attached to their sports franchises?

why do americans get attached to their sports franchises?
seriously, they're just companies that want to make a profit out of them and nothing else, they do not represent them in any way shape or form, they show no respect for them by either moving or just threatening to move so their taxes give this private company a new stadium.

why do they even give a fuck about these private companies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jTkQuXnFRoA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do Argentinians get so attached to chunks of cow?

Because we're single-digit IQ cucks, duh

Why are you so obsessed, Argensimian?

Name me one thing in life that isn’t trying to make a profit

Because America is a soulless technocratic hellscape

is that Elisha Cuthbert?

I'm the obsessed one, not OP, this guy seems like he's seriously puzzled.
I'm the one that keeps shitposting about your retarded sports like your ice skating and it's retarded trophy.

the janitors will delete this thread anyways because they're absolute mongoloids, so it doesn't matter.

>why do americans get attached to their sports franchises
what is barra 12 user? you guys literally kill for your team

>mexican reading comprehension
he isn't talking about the attachment per say, he was talking about why they have an attachment for something so plastic and irrelevant. they're not clubs, they're franchises.
how could you miss the point this hard?

>they're not clubs, they're franchises.

Please explain

1. They're morons
2. Sports fans look at the franchises and go "oh yeah, they sponsor that team"

The franchise becomes another advert for the team.

they're private companies, with owners, they're not clubs.
not that complicated.

this is why I follow college sports

I think you might be legitimately retarded.

Yes, because soccer clubs have no owners.

Because they can do better than 2nd place

How much Manchester United dick do you suck, Nigel?

>why do americans get attached to their sports franchises?
youtube.com/watch?v=jTkQuXnFRoA

>Real Madrid CLUB
guys it says club, thank god it isnt a franchise :^)

all the same shit, every sport is money maker
even the olympics, wow!

no they don't, you mongoloid.
only in england they have owners, and plastic as fuck clubs like Real Madrid.

football clubs have club members, we are the owners and choose president, yes we have elections, because we have proper clubs.
your sports have franchises and they are plastic as fuck, you're gonna have to deal with it.

read please tell me who's the owner of Barcelona FC, or River Plate.

you're only angry beacuse you're just as bad as americans.

He clearly means because "clubs" have some kind of history and weren't just businesses with meme "history" that was concocted by a board of investors and that relocates depending on where the most shekels are because the only reason the "franchises" were created was for shekels and literally no other reason.
Are you both pretending to be retarded or are you just from plebbit?

I was going to make a long reply explaining but this is basically the answer

>Only I'm allowed to like my local teams because of the very specific burecactic structure that they happen to have
This is Mega autism

why do mongoloids have such a hard time understanding OP?
that's a national team, not a private company, you dimwit.

The Green Bay Packers are owned by the city, retard

why are you so obsessed with americans to the point that you make threads every day about them?

fucking this, lmao

If you legitimately believe that all your "clubs" aren't also in it for the money, nothing can save you.

I'm liberal, but holy fuck am I going to laugh when you shithole heathens won't be able to cross the border wall

use coupon code 4chan15 for 15% of your next domino's order.

>The Packers are the only publicly owned franchise in the NFL.
not to mention that their conception was probably like this englishman explained

A table. The table doesn't know it was exploited for profit. The table does its job day in day out until the years pass by and the table can't do its job anymore.

i get your point but it doesn't change the final objective which is entreating people and make it a business.

>my decisions affect my team
>makes me feel better
better about what? lol
you argentinos take futbol too serious man. they are just dudes kicking balls

Why are things different in different places? I dont get it, I live somewhere and tings are fine here, i dont get why they have to be different elsewhere. i mean, what's the point of anyone going anywhere if things are just going to be different?
You know what though? I have this statement that reflect an opinion that I'm clearly not going to change, would you please make statements to the contrary so I can slay this straw-man?
> 3rd world countries want to be american so bad they act american

>you can't discuss sports on a sports board
this is the first thread I made about american sports.

>no fun allowed
see you in Russia, oh no wait.

Why are you so obsessed with a cup less midget

what did he mean by this

Autism

My Yankees will never leave

Face blindness should be cured with a gun shot to the head

Could you tell your fellow countrymen to chill the fuck out? The obsession is getting old.

Yes every blonde model is Elisha Cuthbert

Wimbledon > MK Dons
Woolwich > Arsenal

Itt

10's that will win a world cup before Messi

to win the world cup you have to play it though.

becuase sporting traditions in america are a part of our cultural heritage. its what we use to distinguish ourselves from the rest of the nation. the players earn millions of dollars and most of them take that money and put it back into our communities, making our cities more coherent as a unit.

people like OP that bitch about it are just like the people that spout shit like "HURR RELIGION IS LIKE SO DUM WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE IN A BEARDED GUY IN THE SKY, ITS SO POINTLESS LOL".

Hes 19 lmao he has more chances in the future, unlike Messi.

mental illness

it makes more sense to stan a fast food restaurant

>the players earn millions of dollars and most of them take that money and put it back into our communities, making our cities more coherent as a unit.

this isnt true, the best sports franchises are in shithole cities that are being torn apart with racial tension and class warfare

I don't think I've ever read a more RO16 comment in my life.